2 Day Plan: Need help with budget planning

Started by AnnieMouse, April 12, 2013, 12:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieMouse

I was in the middle of booking a wonderful package deal on the French DLRP site when I realized that it wouldn't allow me to enter my address in the USA ... and the promos available to me here are almost 3x the cost!  Now I'm back to Square 1 with my planning.

Here's what I want to do:  At the end of our 2 week trip in September '13, I'd like to visit Disney for 2 days/2 nights with my husband, son (10) and daughter (8).  I need to keep my costs as low as possible since this is a very expensive vacation!  We will have a rental car, so we can stay off-site, although we could also return the car if shuttles are available.  I've read blogs that recommend skipping Walt Disney Studios since our time is limited, so having a 2-park pass is not a big deal (although we would probably pop over there for a bit if we had a hopper pass).

We will be in Paris for 2 weeks before the days at Disney, so I'm thinking that I should book 2 nights at an off-site hotel now (using Expedia UK) and then pick up some Francilien tickets at FNAC when we arrive.  Is there anything else you'd recommend?  Is there a hotel you would recommend, perhaps something with a Disney shuttle?  

Thank you!!

Disneyland | 1981-1997, 2008, 2010, 2012
California Adventure | 2008, 2010, 2012
Disneyland Paris |1998
WDW |1991

Elaine

you can still book on the French DLRP site - fill in your personal details and address as usual, but leave the country as France, don't change it to USA. All your booking confirmation is sent to you by email anyway, nothing comes in the post. Its perfectly fine to do this.

Aurora1

Was going to say the same thing! It works, I just did it with ou r fall vacation this year!

AnnieMouse

Thank you Elaine and Aurora!  Knowing that somebody else has done that makes me feel more comfortable.

Disneyland | 1981-1997, 2008, 2010, 2012
California Adventure | 2008, 2010, 2012
Disneyland Paris |1998
WDW |1991