Favourite Disney Hotel?

Started by Martha86, March 14, 2007, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha86

I am in the midst of planning my next venture to DLRP and wondered what everyone's favourite Disney Hotels were? I always stay at Sequoia Lodge but feel like it's time for a change. I'm not keen on the Santa Fe; I walked around it and it looked..erm..like a burnt out, rough Mexican-esque estate. It didn't look like I'd find a lot of 'Disney Magic' there and the Cheyenne looks fun - if you're taking kids, which I'm not. So...any opinions for me, experiences you've had there, overall impressions; too business-like?

Help! x

davewasbaloo

Personally I think the Hotel New York offers the best service and rooms.  The Sequoia Lodge is the best value - for Disney hotels.  However, I think the Holiday Inn is the bast value hotel on the entire property.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

My fav is the Newport Bay Club. It has all you need, beautiful rooms, a nice upscale ambiance, wonderful views over the disney lake. 2 restaurants and 2 bars and a disney shop, a big outside pool and a inside pool with health club and much more. And it´s near to the park.
IMO the best cost/performance ratio at the disney hotels.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Riebi"My fav is the Newport Bay Club. It has all you need, beautiful rooms, a nice upscale ambiance, wonderful views over the disney lake. 2 restaurants and 2 bars and a disney shop, a big outside pool and a inside pool with health club and much more. And it´s near to the park.

See I would disagree.  Beautiful to look at, nice shop and restaurants and pool, yes.  But it is in desperate need of refurb and does not have enough cast members to meet the needs of the guests.  It is the largest hotel in Europe, but it has less cast members than an other large convention hotel in Europe.  Because we have lked the look of the hotel we havetried it 3 times, and been disappointed 3 times.  3 strikes you're out.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Riebi"My fav is the Newport Bay Club. It has all you need, beautiful rooms, a nice upscale ambiance, wonderful views over the disney lake. 2 restaurants and 2 bars and a disney shop, a big outside pool and a inside pool with health club and much more. And it´s near to the park.

See I would disagree.  Beautiful to look at, nice shop and restaurants and pool, yes.  But it is in desperate need of refurb and does not have enough cast members to meet the needs of the guests.  It is the largest hotel in Europe, but it has less cast members than an other large convention hotel in Europe.  Because we have lked the look of the hotel we havetried it 3 times, and been disappointed 3 times.  3 strikes you're out.

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

I was always very happy with it (and the room-refurb is on since last year :D ). Enjoying the room service with a nice breakfast and a wonderful pool. And of course I love to have a mini bar, a hairdryer and the other specifications. I had never problems with the cast member capacity. And the only problem I´ve had was a breakfast in the convention center but they changed my other breakfasts directly.
And of course it´s just a three stars hotel in france. But cause I have often make my holidays there I know the normal quality of three stars in france. And it´s much less :wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Samninetysix

We stayed at NPBC over christmas and I have to say, it was excellent. I think we paid an extra £30/night for Admirals Floor but it was well worth it. I dont much like the HNY , never stayed in the DLH, Sequoia is also a favourite, Cheyenne is getting pretty knocked about but well themed, and last time we stayed in Santa Fe was 2004, also ok but you definitely notice the jump in the level of service etc when you go to Sequoia and above.

Tonie

I recommend to you the New york, and more even if you do not have children.

Is a great hotel, the service and the rooms for my opinion are excellents, and the location is perfect, but a little bit expensive too.
Tonie !

Samninetysix

Like I said, I really dont like the Hotel New York. We have eaten in the Manhatten restaurant which I really enjoyed it just seems far too pretentious for me, lots of people staying there that want to be seen to have money but cant quite afford the Hotel Disney (not everyone but you can see them everywhere). i dont hate oppulence as such, we stayed in the Nikkei hotel in Paris once, at dinner we had a waiter for each guest at our table, the food was mesmerising (wife nearly went into one of those Meg Ryan scenes when harry met sally), it was all marbled floors and gold rails everywhere - really nice, u just didn't get the feeling that people there expected u to be admiring their bmw's...

Mr_B

Hello !

I can recommend the HoteL New York too - we've stayed several times and as Tonie stated above the service is excellent. We always enjoy the walk to and from the parks too via Disney Village as it starts and finishes the day nicely.

Can't wait for June 4th - back for the celebrations  :D
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....