Yay! I've finally been able to book! June though haha!

Started by TigerLily, March 25, 2013, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

I'm sooooooooooo excited!! We're officially going to Disney Paris arriving on June 2nd for 5 nights in the Davey Crockett Ranch.yippeeeeeee! :ears:

As one or two of you may have noticed on previous threads of mine, I was planning to go in May half term. This has had to change as when I went to book it a few days back the price had shot up to £1700 for 5 nights  :shock:  We couldn't do that - not with it being self catering at the ranch. So I decided to price up the following week and it was CONSIDERABLY cheaper!  :thumbs:  now that's more like it lol.  :D/  I'm not sad at having to wait another week though, as whats another week? Especially with such a saving?!

So now it's the first week of June ( the following week it's both my birthday and our 7th wedding anniversary - so it's a lovely place to be for those, even if its not the actual days).

I'm now wondering what the weather will be like, how quiet it will be and (most importantly - if Big Thunder Mountain will have re-opened! And I'm reeeeeeally hoping Star Tours, Pirates and Phantom will be open too!!  [-o<

I'm ridiculously excited!! 69 sleeps!

jeakat24

At least it's only one weeks difference  :D should also be a lot quieter then too- always a plus.

We've always wanted to go in the summer, when the weathers all hot and the parks open longer but until we need to go in the school holidays (our daughters only 1) we're going to stick to term time. You just get so much more for your money!

Have fun
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Zee79

Hopefully it will be a lot warmer. You can't always predict the weather. We went in the summer last year and for the first 3 days it was pouring down and freezing! then it was light someone had turned the heating on full. What you can rely on is that it will be warmer than the U.K haha.

Thunder Mountain is due to re-open on the 1st so hopefully it will be open when you go, unfortunately it won't be when we go so I have one upset little girl- it's the only big ride she will go on.

TigerLily

Jeakat24 - 7 more days to wait is fiiiine by me lol. Admittedly, we are going in term time and have used a holiday absence form to take our daughter this time (she's only 6 though, so the school don't mind. Last year we went in the school holidays but it wasn't to busy as it was February. COLD though! Freezing in fact lol). You are right - you do get more for your money when it's quieter! Lovely!

Zee - I'm hoping the weather will be warmer too hahaha, but I'll make sure to pack for all eventualities :D Very happy to hear big thunder will be open again on the 1st - I can't find the closures and refurbs list for June anywhere! Aww, it's our daughters favourite ride too! We were planning on going in may half term and when I saw it was closed for the time we would of been going I was gutted too! But I'm sure you will all have a fabulous holiday regardless. Is she tall enough for Crushes Coaster? We've not done that one yet (queues were too long!) but are looking forward to trying it this year. I'm going to really hawk the queue times this year and pounce when it's quiet haha.

Labyrinth

Yay! Haha I know price comparing can take ages but I'm glad you found a good deal in the end.  :thumbs:
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

TigerLily

Thanks Labyrinth! I was starting to go slightly barmy waiting to be able to book haha. Im so excited now!