Eurostar travel alert

Started by RockNRoller, February 16, 2013, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Hi Guys, just been to the travel agent to book a trip for the October half term and was told that Eurostar are doing tunnel works w/c 21 October for 5 days which meant no incoming Eurostar  traffic and w/c 28 October for 5 days no outgoing Eurostar traffic. not sure her explanation was 100%, bottom line no Eurostar to DLRP during those dates.

When I got home I tried through the Disney website and it told me there was no Eurostar availability for either of those weeks. Seen some dumb things in my time but taking out trains during half term????? Not happy, not going, gotta wait till Jan 2014
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Epcot_Boy

Hi RockNRoller,

Have you checked the Eurostar site itself :?:  They are taking bookings outward and return between 21/10 and 28/10, not sure about returns after 28/10 though. Have a look :)

David

RockNRoller

Hi Epcot Boy,
Just tried that and for the w/c 28th October, when we were going, there are no outgoing  trains to DLRP that week.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Hi Epcot Boy,
Just tried that and for the w/c 28th October, when we were going, there are no outgoing  trains to DLRP that week.

Your right RNR :)  However that could be something to do with the fact that their not yet taking web bookings from November 2013 as yet. I would give Eurostar a ring direct just to be sure :)  Like you this does sound strange to me that they would close the tunnel this time of year, not just because of the Disney connection but because others would be looking to go to Europe for the school hols, closing the tunnel would make little financial sense, not to me anyhow :)

David

orangarnold

They tend to run a reduced service with just one line running backwards and forwards with engineering works, not close the line down all together

RockNRoller

Quote from: "orangarnold"They tend to run a reduced service with just one line running backwards and forwards with engineering works, not close the line down all together

That would agree with the explanation I got from them, a reduced service as they are taking out one tunnel at a time for maintenance and freight/more frequent trains than the once daily run to Disney takes priority. I could go for a very convoluted journey if I dont mind changing and faffing around. No thanks I'll wait

orangarnold

Quote from: "RockNRoller"
Quote from: "orangarnold"They tend to run a reduced service with just one line running backwards and forwards with engineering works, not close the line down all together

That would agree with the explanation I got from them, a reduced service as they are taking out one tunnel at a time for maintenance and freight/more frequent trains than the once daily run to Disney takes priority. I could go for a very convoluted journey if I dont mind changing and faffing around. No thanks I'll wait

I think its the thing that you can get the Metro and the RER to DLP from Paris and that would be enough, to them.

linfield23

is this travel alert still viable i' booked to go to DLP that week (28th Oct) and booked direct and have not seen any alerts on either the Disney website or the eurostar website so you have me panicking abit now! As i am travelling with young children and really dont want to be worried about changing trains etc