how busy will it be on 14-17h april, how much money for food

Started by disneyismylifeok, March 15, 2013, 04:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyismylifeok

WIll be having breakfast lunch and dinner and am on a serious budget. Going with sister and its just us two soo how can we go wih the least amount of spending mney for these things for both of us? Not bothered about sit down meals really and dont mind grabbing a cheap mcdonalds breakfast from village some mornings. We have dream passes so will get 10% discount some places :).  how much would you take? Preferably eating in the parks for the most part and dont really mind food quality unless its appauling (please say so where haha) and we want to do walts just once but we'll see about that ;) please help us and think how much we'd need? Not bothered about souvenirs as brought the biggest mickey there for 70 euros in november! Not bothered about where we eat or what tbh just needs to be cheap. Thanks :) wont need much food on 14th as we'll eat before and bring food (if allowed? Going on eurostar for the first time and don't know the customs) and arrive about 3 :) i'll stop rambling but we'd love your help! Need your help more like haha we're so stuck!

ilovedisneylandparis

I'm not sure exactly how much I'd recommend to take but I've got a few ideas which might help you :) For breakfasts, it might be worth dropping into the train station right next to Disney Village - I'm sure they've got a shop which will probably have pain au chocolat etc and may even have a cafe, I'm not sure? The station shop is apparently a bit cheaper for other bits and bobs too, so might be worth having a look there for lunch ideas, you might be able to get a sandwich or similar.

When we were on a budget we also went to the Market House Deli on Main Street - you can get a big filled baguette for about 7 Euros I think, and it does fill you up about as much as a counter service burger & fries would. So that might be a thought - maybe somewhere like that for lunch and a buffet service for dinner? I think the buffet is usually about 27-30 Euros per person (e.g. Plaza Gardens) and you can have as much as you want. If you were reeeeally sneaky you could fill a lunchbox for the next day with food from there but I don't know how advisable that is, haha.

Also, maybe have a look on //http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/ which will help you to get an idea of prices and where is cheaper to go :) I always think that the shared appetizers at Rainforest Cafe sound pretty good - for 22 Euros you can get Tam Tam chicken wings, fried sweet potato, quesadilas, camembert and garlic bread! That would make a nice lunch and it's only 11 Euros per person. Alternatively, there's the counter service menus which are about 12 Euros per person and are usually a burger, fries and a soft drink/water.

Hope that has helped a bit :)

disney-dan

McDonalds for every meal, take 50euros and get change, and an expanded waist line
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Samninetysix

I'd rather eat at Earl of Sandwich than McD's, much better food and you stay full longer.....

Samninetysix

And to be fair, if you really really are on a tight budget why not take loads of snacks from the UK, start buying them now, crisps, chocolate etc. Depending on how frugal you want to be there is also an Esso petrol station at the gates of the Santa fe just in case you want beer/wine or other goodies, it's pretty much priced at local prices and not DLP prices It's a bit of a walk but if you want to save money and have half hour spare then maybe worth the walk. OR!!!! get the shuttle bus from the parcs to Santa Fe, 2 minute walk to the Esso, then back to Santa Fe for shuttle bus back to village

Samninetysix

If you're on a tight budget, maybe you're already staying at the Santa Fe, then you are quids in..