can you upgrade breakfast?

Started by gemmasteele84, March 19, 2013, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

I know you can change your breakfast to eat in the park or cafe mickey but wasn't sure if you can upgrade to eat in a better hotel? Would like to upgrade to eat at Disneyland hotel (we're staying in cheyanne) If so does anybody have any idea of the cost?

jeakat24

To be honest- I've never heard of this being done.

I'd be interested to see if you can though
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Elaine

no, the only upgrade available is to upgrade to a Cafe Mickey breakfast (and its not cheap, its 16 euros per person, adult or child).

You can eat breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel (or any other onsite hotel you like) but you pay the full price to do so. I think the DLH breakfast is amazing value for money, 14 euros per adult, 6 per child, kids under 3 are free. We go late (after EMH) and its brunch, keeps us going all through until evening time  :) .

You can, at the Cheyenne, also ask for breakfast in the park instead of at your hotel. This is free, its a similar standard to your hotel breakfast (ie continental only) but it takes place in a park restaurant instead of at your hotel. Again, very handy if you want to do EMH then have breakfast, as you can get a 9.15am or 9.30am timeslot.

gemmasteele84

Thanks for that :) From the sounds of it might be nice to just have breakfast at the hotel one day. Didnt realise you could just do it.

stumpe

Hi

You have a couple of options to have something hot for breakfast, was there a few weeks ago and i think it was omelette and an other was sausages and scrambled egg for around €4.

Annettes diner has pancakes etc for about €16

Lee

julesk

Does anyone know if you have to book to have breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel? We are staying in HNY but my daughters dream is to stay in the pink palace and wanted a few suprises for her while there. .

Is it in same room as Inventions?  / Plus what time does breakfast finish?   .. Thank you

Samninetysix

Quote from: "julesk"Does anyone know if you have to book to have breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel? We are staying in HNY but my daughters dream is to stay in the pink palace and wanted a few suprises for her while there. .

Is it in same room as Inventions?  / Plus what time does breakfast finish?   .. Thank you

Fairly sure you can't do this. At least i've not heard of it being done before

gemmasteele84

Read on trip advisor and someone ate at the Disneyland hotel one breakfast, this is what she said:
TOP TIP A MUST----- on our last day we slept in and missed breakfast, so we decided to have breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel (which is allowed even if your not staying there). It's at the side of the hotel on the first floor, just ask for directions. It cost 12 euros each per adult and because my son was only 4 he ate for free...bonus, and it's a lovely setting, self service for full English, and tea/ coffee/juice and continental aswell, go up as many times and just help yourselves, plenty for the little ones to eat, such a huge variety if a full English is not your taste. This set us up for the day, until we left the park, breakfast runs up until 10.30, we done this on the last day and wished we did it every day, and the kids are just so excited to just go in let alone eat here. So for 24 euros
Please visit here,as could not afford to stay in this hotel so this was the next best thing.
Hope this helps :)

lynny

Do you just turn up and go to the restaurant and say i'd like to pay for breakfast???
Also what is the chance of it being full and them saying no and does anyone know what time its open for breakfast???

thank you going tomorrow staying @ Hny but hope to do tjis tuesday morning:-) thanks
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Rafael

Last time we were at DLP we had breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel, even though we stayed at Cheyenne. We didn't need to make reservations. We just went to the restaurant and said we wanted to pay for breakfast. They gave us a great table, with an amazing view of the park. The service was excelente and the food pretty good too. As Elaine has said already (actually we have done it following her recommendation from here, so thanks, Elaine!), the best thing to do  is to have a late breakfast. It was a brunch for us.

polar vixen

I'm so so glad to have read this!  We're staying at the davy crockett rach, where you now have to pay for brekkie, don't get anything for under 3s and get a croissant, a petit pain, and a mini sweet bread each, it's not a fantastic deal for us, especially since 3 in my family of 6 have to be gluten and milk free, breakfast at the disney hotel, (we'll have 3 of the age 4 and under) it will be really good value for us!  Thanks so much for the tips!

sarahmumof4

This has been an interesting thread to read .

Might well try having breakfast at the DLH one day :)

Elaine ( am hoping you read this ), I was also interested in the bit above where you mention about having breakfast in the park. Do you know how I would go about doing this and which restaurants I could use for breakfast ? Thanks
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

gemmasteele84

You just ask at reception when you check in, there are 3 restaurants but you don't get I pick. There's plaza gardens, the Pinocchio restaurant in fantasy land (can't remember the name) and another one which we never got to try so not sure which one it was. Made a nice break from the hotels :)

ed-uk

The Pinocchio restaurant is Au Chalet de la Marionnette, we had breakfast in there once. Yep,  ask at reception if you can have breakfast in the park when you check in, but it's subject to availability. Could the third restaurant be Bella Notte?
Ed & David

gemmasteele84

That will be it :) I'm dreadful with names lol