How much money to take for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Help

Started by disneyismylifeok, March 15, 2013, 02:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyismylifeok

going with my sister for 4 days and we want to be CHEAP AS POSSIBLE
but still afford breakfast lunch and dinner everyday
not fussed about merchandise as i went in november and bought the biggest mickey possible for 70 euros haha
seriously on a huge budget here so where are the cheapest and best places to eat.
Don't mind doing things like grabbing a mcdonalds breakfast at village for a few euros or whatever it is if it comes to is but would preferably like to eat definitely lunch and dinner in the parks.

DutchBrit

Are you staying in a Disney hotel? Because then your breakfast is taken care of and you can eat enough to keep you going until the afternoon. Otherwise I'm afraid that food is just not cheap and especially not in the parks. I believe the Mc Donalds is around normal prices (although I could be wrong). You also have the Earl of Sandwich in the Village for more "snacky" meals.

When we were there last October, I found fast food generally in the parks was expensive and disappointing.  What about skipping lunch and having an early dinner at one of the buffets? We enjoyed Plaza Gardens and really it was much better value than buying two hot-dog/burger type meals. As it is all you can eat, it makes sense to be hungry when you go there!

julesk

We thought Mcdonalds was more expensive but like DutchBrit mentioned, snacky options are great on a budget and the all you can eat buffets are excellent. We tend to have breakfast in hotel (inc in price) take snacks with us in suit case (cereal bars etc) and have buffet for 6pm dinner. We dont ever get hungry doing this. But if you look on the trip planning sections, you can work out a basic daily budget as all the meal options are listed inc prices. Have a great time.

Scoobysnax97

I stay away from the park so stock up at the local bakery with 2xdrinks, fruit, snacks etc, then grab a coffee at the train station which has a small cafe.  
EoS  or Starbucks for lunch

GeoffD

The McDonalds in Disney Village is the same price as all over France, so thats something.  I've been buying my own drinks in Auchan at Val d'Europe (€1 for a cola, instead of 3) and bringing them along.  
Earl of Sandwich meals are €9.50, but you can just have the sandwich for €5.50.  

Fast food in the park starts at €10.99, I quite like Toad Hall where fish and chips are €11.99 (but you get a desert too).  

The buffets are good value if you have a decent breakfast and maybe book for mid-afternoon, then you could probably get away with a cheaper snack for dinner (like the cake + hot drink offers for €4.70).  
If you are eating in only Disney restaurants (in the park) and not having breakfast, the minimum you're likely to spend is about €23-4 per person I'd say for a day.