Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 12

Started by gemma2806, March 14, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Woke up early this morning as my head felt a bit funny and got ready to have breakfast in the Disneyland Park for the last time this holiday. We ate at the Plaza Gardens Restaurant again and then we headed back down Main Street USA as I was determined to catch the Disneyland Railroad from this station. Finally after trying to get on for the last 11 days we were finally able to board the train from this station with a wait of less than 20 mins!! We did a full circle tour for the last time and then made our way back up Main Street. We saw the 20th Anniversary Celebration Train but didn't stop as we were on a mission to do all the rides again in Fantasyland. We went on "it's a small world" and did back to back rides on this as there was no queue. We then walked round to the Storybook boats and rode this again and then explored Alice's Curious Labyrinth. We didn't go on Dumbo as this had the biggest queue so we went to ride Peter Pan's Flight only to discover it was closed. To say Jack was upset was an understatement!!

We managed to stem the flow of years and went on the Carousel instead followed by Snow White and Pinocchio. I then spotted that the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups were working for the first time this holiday so we went on twice as again there was no queue. We then spotted that the Mickey Mouse meet 'n' greet was also fairly empty with a wait time of only 20 mins instead of the usual 50 mins plus so we queued to see him. It was a wonderful experience and the cartoons shown in the queuing area meant that the time went by quickly. We purchased our photos and then went to get some lunch.

We ate at Casey's Corner again which seemed to be a favourite of ours this holiday. Then after finishing lunch we spotted a small queue forming to meet 'n' greet Winnie the Pooh which we joined and after about 30mins ( the queue really didn't look that long!!) we had our photos taken and he signed Jack's autograph book.

We then headed over to Discoveryland to ride Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast before heading over to Frontierland for the character tea at the Cowboy Cookout BBQ. Unfortunately just as we were going to go in Jack did his usual and fell asleep! All the characters came round to see him but he slept through it all, Woody even had his picture taken with Jack asleep in his buggy next to him! As you can imagine I was gutted for Jack as he really wanted to see Woody and Jessie. Daisy and Pluto were also there. Well the buffet tea finished and as everyone was leaving Jack decides to wake up!! Well Jessie spotted that he had woken up and after everyone else had left she went and got Woody, Daisy and Pluto back out and we had a special meet 'n' greet by ourselves, they played and danced with Jack had photos taken and all signed his autograph book. Jack was over the moon and then Woody and Jessie showed us a 'secret' exit out of the place after. Well Jack felt so special and I must say that they were amazing for doing this as they really didn't have to!! That is Cast Member dedication to their work in my opinion, I mean how nice was it for them to do that.

After that excitement Jack went back to Pocahontas Indian Village for a LONG play and we then went back to Discoveryland to ride on Buzz again before Disney Dreams! started. We got our best spot so far in front of the castle as the park had been much quieter today. In fact it was the quietest it had been all holiday!

After watching Disney Dreams! for the last time we headed back to the hotel to the bar and then finished packing before we went to bed.

jeakat24

Oh, wow, that must have been fantastic to have all the characters to yourself. A dream come true for a two year old (and us older ones  :lol: )

Sounds like this was a jam packed day!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

This was the only day all holiday where we didn't go back to the hotel for a break or a change before dinner. It was a case of up and out to be able to fit in everything we had planned. It was so worth it though!