Few questions :)

Started by gemmasteele84, March 12, 2013, 01:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

Almost done planning I think, just a few questions hopefully someone can help with.  :D

1 - How much is the ice skating outside hotel new york?

2 - We're going during French half term (april 28 - May 5) will there be more French staff in the park to cater to this? Just a little concerned about the language barrier being more of an issue.

3 - Will i be able to find out parade times before I go? If so how and when?

4 - I've heard some people went to city hall on their kids birthdays and were given special badges and a call from Mickey mouse, as its both my kids birthdays while there we'd love to do this if it's still on.

5 - Is there a disabled viewing area for dreams?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help.  :D  :D

jeakat24

Hi, I can't answer all your questions but I do know some.

There is section on e Disneyland Paris website with the opening times and I'm pretty sure it has the parade times too.

To be honest the absolute vast majority of Disneyland staff are French and there won't be any more or less because it's it's half term and there isn't a language barrier because pretty much everyone can speak English.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

ed-uk

1. not sure if skating will be available when you go - but never done this so do not know cost.
2. most of the staff understand more than i language - have badge with flags showing which - never had a problem getting anyone to understand and quite often staff come back to my pathetic French with English.
3. you can find out parade times on the website along side park hours.
4. never done this but have seen others doing it in city hall - maybe if you are staying on site you can do this at the hotel concierge.
5. yes - last year it was on the left hand side of central plaza and the cast members there were good at controlling it and not letting others block the view.  We stood next to the area and had a great view of Dreams.

Hope this helps - have a fantastic time!
Ed & David

gemmasteele84

oh I didnt know that about the badge :) thanks for that.
Thanks for the help :) dont know what i would have done had I not found this forum, lol. This will be my 5th visit but with all the extra information I've got here feels like my first!

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"Almost done planning I think, just a few questions hopefully someone can help with.  :D

1 - How much is the ice skating outside hotel new york?

2 - We're going during French half term (april 28 - May 5) will there be more French staff in the park to cater to this? Just a little concerned about the language barrier being more of an issue.

4 - I've heard some people went to city hall on their kids birthdays and were given special badges and a call from Mickey mouse, as its both my kids birthdays while there we'd love to do this if it's still on.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help.  :D  :D

Hiya,
1.  I think they only do this during the winter,
2. The language barrier should be no problem at all, I have been 2 times, I speak no french and i have not had a problem,
3. Check the Disneyland Paris website because it will be on there,
4. I did this for my Mum all you do is go into city hall and ask for a birthday badge (sometimes it's a sticker) but I don't think you always get a phone call from Mickey,
5. I am honestly not sure maybe someone else could help :)
I do hope I have helped :D
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

gemmasteele84

thanks guys :) Managed to find out the skating will be opened :) its fake not real ice so can be opened all year round. Just incase anybody else wanted to know :)

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"1 - How much is the ice skating outside hotel new york?
I'm almost certain they have changed the rink to a synthetic one so its there year round (remember reading this somewhere here on the forum ages ago, just do you know synthetic ice is horrible to skate on in my opinion...) and I cant remember how much it is, its in my head that its about 7-8 euros but I think its way more than that actually

you shouldn't have a problem here, its a requirement for some jobs within the resort to be able to speak french and at least one other language as mentioned all the cast members should have little flags somewhere on them showing you what languages they speak/undersand

the parade in the park is usually on around 5pm, the one in the studios I think is on around 4ish, but keep an eye out on DLP's website, and if you don't find out before you go its on the park guides when you get thee you will know pretty much on arrival, as for dreams, that on at park closing time every day (so if the park closes at 9 it starts at around the same time

cant help with this one as we have never done it before

yes, I believe there is, but having never seen dreams yet I couldn't tell you where it is
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....