Beware of buggy thieves!!!!

Started by Lattequeen, March 10, 2013, 06:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lattequeen

Had dinner booked Tuesday night in Cafe Mickey, as with most places buggy has to be left outside, oldest children went to the bathrooms and came back and said they couldn't see brothers buggy outside!!!! So I went to look for it amongst about another 20 and sure enough it was missing (thing is we had 6.15 booking so buggy was one if 1st there and surrounded by others)! Manager was called and as I had a photo on my camera with my son in it from just before we went into restaurant I showed him it. He says he would contact security and have us supplied with another buggy for the rest of our stay. Ten minutes later he came back to our table, I thought for me to fill out forms, but took me to behind the counter to ask if that was my buggy, YES!!!!! So pleased I got it back and big thanks to the manager and security who worked quick to get it. The person who took it was walking through the village with it and and said they thought it was a disney supplied buggy!!!!!! I know DLP is good but they don't supply a Mickey Mouse buggy with Mickey Mouse balloon attached, blanket, nappies and wipes underneath!!!!! So just be warned when leaving buggies. So glad I got it back because I only bought it last weekend before we went. Balloon was missing as was sons Mickey hat but a small price to pay as it was the 1st full day of our holiday and would have ruined it from the start if it wasn't returned.

Aurora1

Great to hear, it turned out well!! And great it didn`t ruin your vacation! :)

gemmasteele84

Glad you got it back. Cheeky begger trying to take it in the first place!

gemma2806

I've heard this has happened a couple of times and it always seems to be the nice or expensive ones taken so when I went I took a cheap stroller in case this happened to me. Fortunately it didn't and I left mine everywhere but just goes to show it does happen. You can forgive mistaken identity but yours was obviously distinct. Some people make you sick, it's a family destination after all! So glad you got it back and hope it hasn't put you off going again.

jeakat24

This seems to becoming more and more common. It's crazy. This year (or next) will be the first time we'll be taking a pushchair and I'm already looking at combination locks. It's silly because everyone is in the same boat
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

haribosmum

my friends buggy was taken last year.  i was worried this year as my daughter has a mobility buggy, which would be expensive to replace (although ours was second hand from ebay).  we took a combination lock with us but to be honest we didn't use it as most places there was nothing to chain it to.  we did look to put it through the wheels or similar so that it couldn't be pushed - perhaps an option on some pushchairs.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

jeakat24

Quote from: "haribosmum"my friends buggy was taken last year.  i was worried this year as my daughter has a mobility buggy, which would be expensive to replace (although ours was second hand from ebay).  we took a combination lock with us but to be honest we didn't use it as most places there was nothing to chain it to.  we did look to put it through the wheels or similar so that it couldn't be pushed - perhaps an option on some pushchairs.

That's a fantastic idea!

I've sen on this forum someone's mobility buggy being taken. I seriously don't understand how anyone could stoop so low.  :evil:
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemmasteele84

Sadly I can imagine Disneyland being a ideal place for a thief.nfor the price of a park ticket there's countless crowds to pickpocket, buggies left alone with shopping and bags on and everyone's guard is down as they're on holiday. We've been lucky and only ever had a camera stolen but others haven't been so lucky