First time visit end of March

Started by jmcc, March 03, 2013, 07:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcc

Just a few queries before we set off at the end of this month. What is the easiest/safest way to pay for food & souvenirs in the parks? Is credit card best or is it easier to charge everything to your room? Will Easter weekend be completely packed? We thought we'd book meals for the Friday and Saturday nights in case everywhere gets booked up but not sure what time is best - if we tried for 6pm would this fit between the parade and dreams? We were thinking of Walts, Plaza Gardens and Cafe Mickey - any comments on these, positive or negative?!  Our girls are 7 & 4 and would like to meet some of the princesses so we thought we'd queue at the princess pavilion, do most little girls dress up for this? I wasn't going to bother but then don't want them to be the odd ones out! Does the descent of the stairs still take place in DLH? if so, what time is it at? Sorry this is so long! Hope someone can help with my queries; hope they don't seem silly!
Thanks

gemma2806

I find the easiest way is with a Thomas Cook euro card which is like a debit card but without an actual bank account. You load the card with your money before you go and get a PIN number, it works the same as a debit card and you can also use it to withdraw cash if you want to at the ATMs in Disney Village. I would imagine its just as easy to use a credit card but watch out for any hidden charges. I've never charged anything to my room so I can keep track of the money I'm spending!

Easter weekend is one of the busiest times at DLP but as long as you have a plan of what you want to do and see you should be fine but there will be queues.  Booking your meals in advance is very sensible and I usually book a table for 6pm as it tends to be quieter however I couldn't say if this will clash with parade and show times etc as I don't know what the programme is for this time.  Walts is fantastic and I often go here as the food is beautiful and the setting is amazing. I've only ever had breakfast in Plaza Gardens but intend to eat here on our next visit, it is a lovely restaurant and I've heard nothing but praise for this place. My only negative was the state of the toilets and the lack of cubicles given the size of the place (2 cubicles seems rather ridiculous!) I loved Cafe Mickey for the character breakfast, the food was brilliant and the characters were fantastic but the evening meal was dreadful and the service was non existent, that is just my opinion but at the moment the place seems to be getting mixed reviews.

A lot of little girls do dress up even if they aren't going to meet the princesses so if they want to they won't look out of place! However don't buy the dresses over in DLP, you can pay €75 for a dress alone over there but you can buy a dress and accessories from Asda for about £15!!

The descent of the stairs does still take place and I believe it is about 3 pm but this may have changed so don't take this as gospel!

Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!!

jmcc

Thanks for all the info Gemma. I wasn't sure about Cafe Mickey, will maybe book the other 2 instead. The euro card sounds like a good idea, will look into it.
Thanks again.

polar vixen

A few points:- plaza Gardens is fantastic!  
I don't know why I bothered taking normal clothes to disneyland at all - the last 2 times we've been my kids have worn their disney costumes every single day, so definitely, take them with you!  As pretty as the disneyland ones are, they are incredibly expensive.
Princess pavillion tends to have huuuuuggggeeeee queues so i'd get there as early as you possibly can, I know people have stood for 2 hrs in the queue!  
Silver spur steakhouse also do lovely food, and if you're wanting meet and greet around lunchtime at disney studios tends to be really good for characters walking around.
Have a great time!

jmcc

Thank you, I'll have a look at the steakhouse menu.

Aurora1

Princess Pavillon: be there at least an hour before opening times, or shortly before closing times. If they let you in, you`ll meet a princess in any case! (they`ll get the picture even without a special dress)
DLH, Decsent of the Stars, usually is from thursday to sunday at 4pm, but check at the hotel before.
Have a great time
Aurora1

grovesie

Hi,

I would check out walts they do or did a special 20th celebrations meal which gained you access to a special enclosure, which gave you lots of room and saves waiting.

I used the Extra magic hours to queue for the Princess pavilion this gave us more of the day to explore :D

As the park will be busy I would try to use magic hours( if you are staying at a Disney Hotel) We went in the summer hoilday and as you can see below there was nobody around

Where's everyone by grovesie.i, on Flickr

We walked straight on Buzz, The Tea Cups, Carousell, Flying elephants and Peter Pan, as the park opened we went to have breakfast

Hope this helps

Ian

glenn

before you go check which resteraunts are open,when i last went all the resteraunts were closed apart from plaza gardens