Sleeping Beauty Castle - Open?

Started by zara-x, February 01, 2013, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zara-x

Hi all,

Last time we visited DLP in Feb 2012 the upstairs of the castle wasn't open, presumably due to setting up Dreams. We are due to visit again in May this year - does anybody know if the upstairs is open again?

Thanks  :D

Zara x
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

nathalie

I've always known this to be open, I've been up there on all my 12 previous trips.

zara-x

We have been up every time too! The stairs were cordoned off last time with a notice saying there was work being carried out.  We assumed it was something to do with Dreams as they were also working on the moat too.

Elaine

Quote from: "zara-x"We have been up every time too! The stairs were cordoned off last time with a notice saying there was work being carried out.  We assumed it was something to do with Dreams as they were also working on the moat too.

in that case it will definitely be open for you this time round - the adjustments to the Castle for Dreams were completed before April 2012  :) .

zara-x

Hope so! Thanks!

If anyone else has been recently and went up there please let me know! My younger sister who is severely autistic loves it up there and was really disappointed when we couldn't go up last time. She's spoke of nothing else since so just wanted to be able to let her know that it was open (or start preparing for a breakdown if it wasn't haha!)

perrollaz

Was last december upstairs and enjoyed it!

julesk

It has been closed the last two times we have been (May 2011 & March 2012) but have been up there prior to this. We are going again in May 2013 so fingers crossed its open this time.

gemma2806

I went for 2 weeks in September and it was closed every day of my stay which was a shame cause I love going up there. It didn't say it was closed on the website or in the park guides though but it definitely was for maintenance work.

zara-x

Oh no I really hope it is open! I will ask again nearer the time to see if anyone else has been up there...Thanks for all your help though!

sarahmumof4

2years ago it was closed but we got back yesterday and it was definitely open.  The kids went up on Tuesday .
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

DisneyDancer92

Just came back from a trip yesterday- and it was open while I was there :)!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"