May it is then by the looks...

Started by TigerLily, February 07, 2013, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

Well folks, by the looks my husband, daughter and I are looking to go to Disney Paris in May.
After much umming and aahhing we had recently decided to try for March - but on phoning them today to make a booking we discovered the Davy Crockett Ranch (plus a few of the others!!) were fully booked for the dates we wanted!  :shock:  :(

So, I am now trying to look on the bright side of having to re-consider.( We were originally wanting either April or May but I wanted to go sooner lol). I'm hoping weather will be nice and warm in May and I'm going to hold out for a few weeks on the hopes of a nice, juicy deal!  [-o<

Any advice on Disney Paris in May would be much appreciated. We will be going in the half term week (which I do believe does not clash with the French school holidays).

Boooo, I can't believe it was fully booked for the March dates we wanted, all the same! I shall now simply HAVE to stay glued to the forum to cheer myself up  8)

Tiger Lily

Zee79

Hi,
We wanted to go earlier but we are going May half term. Just think it should hopefully be warmer end of May compared to March/April. :D

cinderslg

We are going 15 to 19th May, all the more time to plan  :D  And hoping for some nice weather  ;)

TigerLily

Oo lovely - more May-Goers! :-) are you all booked?

Zee, - I'm hoping for warmer weather late May too. Now all I hope is that the closures aren't bad.

Cinder, -  Planning to go to Disney has to be the most fun planning for a holiday I think, lol.

Thanks both! :-)

gemma2806

On a plus side if you check out the closures for previous years you'll find there are more closures in March than May so you'll probably end up being able to go on more attractions!  The weather in May is supposed to be lovely, in fact May and June are meant to be some of the best times to visit for weather and crowds.

cinderslg

Yea we are booked,threw fire to the wind and took advantage of the 2 nights free offer  :D  :D

Zee79

I have friends and family who are also going in May- different times. They took advantage of the offer. We are all on count down now :-)
My brother went in April one year and they said the weather was fantastic. We went in Aug last year for a week and half of it was cold and raining :-( I'm glad i packed some trousers rather than shorts. Just wondering what to pack now for May.

mdw

We are going 13th-16th may  :D/     We went 24th-28th May 2011 and it was really hot everyday!  parks were fairly quiet too. May is going to be a scorcher this year with a drought  :P

Hayzi

I have been in May before and it was fairly busy as there are quite a few public holidays in May (V.E day, Ascention day etc). Some rides (BTM, Space Mountain, Peter Pan) had a good 80 min wait times so use fast pass and if at the Disney hotels utilise the extra magic hours. I really wouldn't let this put you off though! Disneyland is always busy to some extent and if its busy then I find there is more atmosphere and there will be more on. We also had 3 seasons in 6 days so pack for all eventualities :)

We are going 6-10 March. Anticipating it to be fairly busy as its the Paris school holidays but heard its not to bad as the French like skiing in their winter holiday.

Hope you have an awesome time! :)
Disneyland Hotel May 2002
Santa Fe October 2009

amanda08

We go almost every year in May and October -  its the best time to go in our opinion. Great weather, longer hours and if you avoid bank holidays and french school holidays it is not too busy . Definatley try and avoid accension weekeng 18/19/20th may as this is usually crazy busy. We arrive this year 20th in the evening in time for Dinner so we will be nice and rested to start our holiday proper the next morning :))

Have a great time1

mdw

Anyone when V.E day? What is it? Hope we miss it!!!!

TigerLily

Wow thanks all for all your replies! How encouraging - it's really cheered me up and is making me look forward to going in the May! We are looking at either a four or  five night-er from 26th-31st.

Gemma - good thinking with checking last years archives regarding closures!

Cinder and Zee - wish I had booked now when that two night offer was on, although at that time I know I would of gone for the March. So I'm going to patiently wait a few more weeks and see if another's deal pops up. If not then I'll bite the bullet and book anyway lol.  But may it shall be! :D

Mdw - that sounds luuurvly! Bring on the sun I say lol. ( and I second your question in the last post...anyone know?)

Hayzi - thank you! Hope you enjoy your trip too!

Amanda - your experience in going at may is very reassuring! I'm actually really excited now.

Thank you all again! Has made my day haha! X

TigerLily

Oops typo - *another.

Plus, I meant to say that I hope all of you have an awesome time on your trips too!

TigerLily

Oh gosh, just realised - v.e day is the Victory in Europe Day! My brain must of frozen over for a moment in all my disney excitement lol.

Zee79

Quote from: "mdw"Anyone when V.E day? What is it? Hope we miss it!!!!

Think it is the beginning of May. Just type in French public holidays in google and should come up with a list. During our school half term there isn't any french holidays by the looks of it.