Amazing Surprise Trips Please Help!!

Started by gemma2806, February 10, 2013, 02:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Hi all my boyfriend has surprised me by booking a weeks trip to Hotel New York for December for us and our then 4 yr old son, this is exciting in itself as I've never stayed at this hotel before but then he goes and springs another surprise on me!! He wants to book a 4 night/ 5 day trip for October for the Halloween season as this is also something we've never experienced and he's given me 3 choices for accommodation 1) Sequoia Lodge in one of their Golden Forest Lake View suites 2) Newport Bay Club in an Admirals Floor Lakeside Room or 3) Disneyland Hotel in a Classic room. I have never stayed in any of these room choices before and have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. So I'm throwing it open to your advice!!

Please can people let me know which option they would prefer to choose and why so that I can make an informed decision. Our son will also be coming so I must take him into consideration.

Thanks lots x

Hayzi

Can only comment on Disneyland hotel as not going to NBC till March but I loved the disneyland hotel. It was right on the doorstep of the park so minimal walking which I imagine is a factor for you with a little one. Room was great and clean and the breakfasts were good too, hot food as well as cereals.

It depends how much time you spend in the hotel. When we go we literally just sleep and shower there, nothing more to spend as much time in the parks as possible.

In retrospect this wont be much help as there is little subjectivity in it other my opinion on the DL hotel, but if you get the chance you have to stay there once.

Good luck choosing :)
Disneyland Hotel May 2002
Santa Fe October 2009

ed-uk

If you've been given three choices, I would definitely stay at the Disneyland hotel in a classic room, especially if you've never stayed at that hotel before. That  would be my first choice, although we've never stayed in the suites at the Sequoia Lodge.
Ed & David

Elaine

yep, me too, Disneyland Hotel out of those 3.

Epcot_Boy

In truth there can only be one choice :-?  The Disneyland Hotel is superior in everyway to the other choices, they really do not come close. Even the new Golden Forest rooms will not come close. Remember, it's not just the rooms, it's the Hotel itself, and the Sequoia and Newport are light years from the Disneyland Hotel.
So tell your boyfriend to go book the classic room, they are great and you (and he) won't regret it :thumbs:  :D/

David

gemma2806

Thanks Hayzi, ed-uk, Elaine and Epcot_Boy. I've always wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel since my first visit to DLP 10 years ago but I've never had the chance or money to do it!! I'm fairly sure now that I'll take your advice and go for this as it may be my one and only chance to stay here. Thanks for your replies x

AislingM

Wow Gemma, that is one amazing boyfriend you have! Very jealous! Id definately go for Disneyland Hotel too , have never stayed there but its the dream!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

SwipatronSparks

stayed in all three hotels (of course never in the golden oak section) but if i had the choice it would be the disneyland hotel hands down every time without hesitation, its a beautiful hotel, close enough to the parks to visit your room during the day and drop off anything your sick of carrying around, or even just for 10 minutes of relax time (when we stayed there it was the middle of January and very cold so we where going back regularly to warm up), then on top of that you will get a one per person per day fastpass (on top of the ones you can already get in the parks) and of course a lovely cooked breakfast every morning with no set times to go and eat (brekky is from 7 - 11 and you can go any time) add on that there are always characters walking around outside the restaurant at breakfast time it means your little one will be able to meet and greet without the usual throng of people the characters have around them in the parks =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

gemma2806

AislingM, he is isn't he! Best thing is he was never a proper Disney fan until I managed to convert him last year and now he's just a big kid and wants to go all the time!

SwipatronSparks, thank you for the extra info that has been really helpful. Bet you can't wait till your next trip, have a lovely time!

AislingM

Its brilliant when you can convert them isnt it! My fiance wasnt mad to go the first time I brought him but now he is nearly as obsessesd as I am , he even got his own pair of ears last time, and wore them!  But I have a feeling he will never surprise me with a trip like that , not to mention 2! How exciting , Halloween and Christmas in the same year!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Aurora1

I would choose the Disneyland Hotel as well! For all the reasons that have been metioned!
Have a great trip!! :)  (soory, two great trips!!)
Aurora1

gemma2806

Thanks Aurora1!!