Be a Part at the Wonderful World of Disney Parade

Started by MinnieMouse, February 16, 2007, 10:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnieMouse

Be a Part of the Wonderful World of Disney Parade
One day in July 2005 we got a phone call directly from Disneyland Resort Paris. They asked us whether we would be interested to be a part of the German TV show "Disney Filmparade", which airs each Sunday on Pro7 [basically some short reports from the world of Disney before and after a full length Disney feature]. Well, obviously we said yes - I was so happy. They would pay for everything, I would be interviewed by Steven Gätjen and be a part of the parade! Before we flew to Paris the producer called me and discussed what kind of story they could do. I told him that I love Fantasyland and especially it's a small world. When asked which character was my favourite, I told him Minnie Mouse. Based on that he planed to prepare a story...

We finally flew to Paris for 3 days in September 2005, where the production crew took us to the Disneyland Hotel – they had booked us into the Tinkerbell Suite in the Castle Club! For the clip later to be aired on the tv-show we did go on a tour by bus to all the Disney hotels (each of them had put up a huge banner readingWELCOME) and we were wondering why the bus didn't stop. Steven Gätjen asked me about my feelings for Disney, why I come so often to DLRP, what I like most in the theme park, which attraction etc. I told him that I love fairy tales and especially the Disney Princesses - so they allowed me to become a princess at the Disneyland Hotel with a wonderful pink dress and a golden crown in my hair. We also made another, short clip at night time when the Disneyland Park had already closed. We had Disneyland all for us alone and even go into it´s a small world. A few seconds of this shooting was actually on the TV show.

The next day it was the time for the highlight of the shooting: I was to be a part of the magic, a part of the Wonderful World of Disney Parade! Backstage castmembers of the resort helped me to become a clown with a costume and special make-up. It took a bit more than an hour but there I was – no longer Alexandra, but a real Disney Character! After a short tour of parade floats backstage I got an introduction what I would have to do in the Dumbo section. I really felt so happy and nervous at the same time, but all the other cast members were so friendly and did wish me good luck.

Then the great moment came: the signal to start the parade was given and the gates to Fantasyland opened ... the music "Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm" started and I felt the rhythm, too. It was great. All the happy, smiling faces of the children and adults along the parade route. WOW! It really mad me smile in return – still it was a hard job to keep smiling for the whole duration of the parade and keep jumping around the float all the time like a clown. The cast members performing this every day are really doing a great job. But it was my wish all the years since I first visited the resort in 1992 and now the Disneyland Resort Paris had made my dream come true. After the parade we got back to the backstage area and all the cast members and the tv crew told me that I made a great job.

At the end of the day I had a second (and final) interview with Steven Gätjen on the Main Street, U.S.A. We were joined by Minnie Mouse as another surprise for me, because Minnie is my favourite character. We spoke mostly about my feelings during the past 3 days, the parade, the surprise for us to stay in that wonderful suite. It was a great pleasure for me that Disneyland Resort Paris asked me / us to take part in this event.

The Story was on aired on Pro7

Alexandra

DisneyBud

Wow! That sounds like an amazing experience!! One I'm sure you'll never forget!! Is it possible to view that specific Filmparade anywhere?

shell_ely

wow how lucky are you!!
sounds like you had a great time  :D

MinnieMouse

Here is the link from the TV-Show "Disney Filmparade" with me and my boyfriend, where I was an actor at WWODP (German):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9dYswznfw

Alexandra

tubbsy

That was brilliant! I loved that. I am very envious

My German is not great, but I managed. Did you really have no clue where you were staying until you got there?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

MinnieMouse

@Tubbsy: Yes we know that we are stay in the Disneyland Hotel, have checked in there any hours before we start with the film team :-)

They say to us, tell the people that you don´t know in wich hotel you really stay ....

Alexandra

RnRCj

Wow! :D That must have been an amazing experience! You did really well in the parade :D

It's just a shame I can't speak German. Although I'm surprised how many German words are similar to English :o

MinnieMouse

A small translation for all the friendly people here:

We sit in the VEA Shuttle to our hotel and was wondering why the Bus don´t stop at Santa Fe, all the People waits there for us and have a Banner "WELCOME", the same at Newport Bay Club and I was wondering again that the Bus doesn´t stop. We arrive Disneyland Hotel and I say, when we could sleep here, that must be really wonderful. So we could and check in at the Tinkerbell Suite in the Castle Club Area.

In our Suite Steven Gätjen asked me what is my favourite Land from Disneyland Parc, so I told him that I love most Fantasyland and especially the Attraction It´s a small world, so they filmed us in this attraction (It was shot on midnight when the park was closed and we was alone in this ride).

And I told him that I like Fairy Tales and when I was a little girl I always was a princess on carnival. So I become a real Disney Princess for a while when my boyfriend was read in a storybook and was wondering that I was a Princess :-)

Then they asked me what was my biggest wish and I say I would like to be a member at WWODP and so I become a Disney Clown on the Dumbo Float and that was the greatest for me, I love it! They tell me that I make a really good job in the Parade.

The last section when Steven and me sit at Main Street USA and talk about the 3 days he asked me what was my favourite Disney Character and I say it is Minnie Mouse, so Minnie Mouse comes to me :-) And he say do you want to stay here forever? And I say, yes I would stay here forever and so he says to the People who watch this Show on TV, if you will met Alexandra, he is still sitting here at Main Street USA.

THE END

Alexandra

MinnieMouse

We sit in the VEA Shuttle to our hotel and was wondering why the Bus don´t stop at Santa Fe, all the People waits there for us and have a Banner "WELCOME", the same at Newport Bay Club and I was wondering again that the Bus doesn´t stop. We arrive Disneyland Hotel and I say, when we could sleep here, that must be really wonderful. So we could and check in at the Tinkerbell Suite in the Castle Club Area.

In our Suite Steven Gätjen asked me what is my favourite Land from Disneyland Parc, so I told him that I love most Fantasyland and especially the Attraction It´s a small world, so they filmed us in this attraction (It was shot on midnight when the park was closed and we was alone in this ride).

And I told him that I like Fairy Tales and when I was a little girl I always was a princess on carnival. So I become a real Disney Princess for a while when my boyfriend was read in a storybook and was wondering that I was a Princess :-)

Then they asked me what was my biggest wish and I say I would like to be a member at WWODP and so I become a Disney Clown on the Dumbo Float and that was the greatest for me, I love it! They tell me that I make a really good job in the Parade.

The last section when Steven and me sit at Main Street USA and talk about the 3 days he asked me what was my favourite Disney Character and I say it is Minnie Mouse, so Minnie Mouse comes to me :-) And he say do you want to stay here forever? And I say, yes I would stay here forever and so he says to the People who watch this Show on TV, if you will met Alexandra, he is still sitting here at Main Street USA.

THE END

Alexandra

MinnieMouse

THE END

Alexandra

MinnieMouse

Oh, I think one post is enough ..... :oops:

Alexandra

Nala_84

Hey, really great I finally saw the film! :)

You were really so lucky to be part of a Disney parade, I think that's a dream for nearly everyone of us DLRP-fans :)! If I had one wish, then I'd prefer being part of a parade for one time instead of staying at the Disneyland Hotel or something else :ears:

And somehow I thought you'd be older, you look so young in the film - how old are you?!  :wink:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

MinnieMouse

@Nala: I´m actually 34 years old. At the shooting I was 32.

Alexandra

TowMater

I saw the video even though I haven't learned to speak German but I just watch German films.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Flounder

Aloha,

I just wanted to add that I really like the vid - no wonder since I am the publisher of the vid on YouTube ;) With the very friendly help of Alexandra who provided me with the original DVD to spread it around the wonderful world of Disney fans! Hope you all enjoy the show!

Cheers,
Flounder