Advice

Started by jessebelle, January 29, 2013, 12:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessebelle

Hi everyone Im new here and I would lvoe some advice  :D
Been to Disneyworld and Disney Paris a few times, but am hoping to do Paris on the cheap, around march time.
I have come across a company called Newmark holidays and they do coach trips to disney paris from around £169pp.
That includes the ferry, hotel for two nights, breakfast and disney ticket. Has anyone ever been on this trip or one similar?
Any advice welcome  :thumbs:
If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

julesk

Sorry cant really answer your question from experience but I have been told by quite a few friends that there experience of coach trips to disney where stressful with children. Its worth checking there route and time spent on the coach, as sometimes they are really long. We have booked this years disney on the cheap and there is a new ferry company called DFDS Seaways that are doing seriously cheap crossings. Plus with the last few days of the extra night offers, its well worth looking into all the possible options. Sorry again, just hate to hear when people have unhappy or difficult holidays. Traveling is always the worst part for me.

SwipatronSparks

ive been on the coach a twice (back when i very first went to dlp, and as jules said it an be very uncomfortable with children... so if you up for it, do it but do as jules said check the route and see just how long you will be on the coach for

and julesuk, i just need to point this out.... DFDS is in no way shape or form a new ferry company!!!!!! they have been around for years running ferry's to many destinations including France since the 1960's
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

CinderellaSparkle

I've been on a coach trip to DLP before and it was AWFUL. The company we went with (can't remember the name now) were utter rubbish and took far longer stops and detours than they were supposed to, meaning we didn't actually get into DLP until after the parks were shut (EVERYTHING was shut other than the hotel bar/restaurant/shop which was thankful actually because we hadn't eaten all day) - So effectively, we lost a whole day there in the end. Top that off with him smoking on the bus (with kids and babies on board) and a crap attitude and it was pretty bad. What a nightmare. NEVER again!! (btw, the person who drove the coach actually got fired due to the number of complaints received about him)
The travelling is quite brutal too i find and i'd never be able to go that long on a coach with my little one as she gets very travel sick on buses. So coach trips are def off the cards now!

jessebelle

Thanks everyone :) May I add its just me and my best friend going (no children) so thats not a problem. I have got a ferry before with the ex boyfriend which was pleasant, however none of us drive which is why i thought coach might be a good idea, as the train is over our current budget :(

polar vixen

I think the important thing to realise if going on the coach is that you'll lose your first and last day travelling, meaning if you're there 2 nights, you'll actually only get 1 day in the park.  If neither of you drive, would it be possible to save up a bit longer, go a bit later in the year and maybe go via eurostar which will get you there in a couple of hours from london, Also consider, not sure when you were planning to go, but if you can go during the week, term time, prices will be cheaper (esp sep time) and you'll be able to do more as queues will be so much shorter so you'll get a lot more out of it.  Hope you have a fab time whatever happens!

jessebelle

Yes it does only say it's one day in the park. Im hopefully going to Disneyworld in Dec, but my best friend wanted to do a cheap trip just me and her as we have never been together, Will suggest that we save up and go later in the year then. Thanks everyone for your help!

Elaine

Quote from: "jessebelle"Yes it does only say it's one day in the park. Im hopefully going to Disneyworld in Dec, but my best friend wanted to do a cheap trip just me and her as we have never been together, Will suggest that we save up and go later in the year then. Thanks everyone for your help!

you'd be better putting together the trip yourself - Megabus goes from London to Port-Maillot in France ( then 2 changes on public transport to Disneyland Paris) from £5 one way  :thumbs: .

jessebelle

Ooohh thank you! Thats defo worth checking out, never even heard of Megabus, so will have a look  :)

Elwell2009

We did euro lines from London to Paris once and then used public transport from Paris a lot cheaper and we traveled over night so we were at the hotel by 8am and had a full day in the parks