New Videopolis Stage Show?

Started by 15MagicalYears, January 18, 2013, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiyero

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Yes, the whole resort has no permanent stage shows (excluding the Playhouse Disney puppet show in WDS).
That's a real shame. I have booked for the buffalo bill show on Monday though so I'm still excited

ed-uk

Quote from: "fiyero"
Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Yes, the whole resort has no permanent stage shows (excluding the Playhouse Disney puppet show in WDS).
That's a real shame. I have booked for the buffalo bill show on Monday though so I'm still excited
The Animagique show is also on in the Studios. No shows in Disneyland Park at the moment,  the Fantasyland theatre is now the Mickey Mouse theatre, where we can meet and greet Mickey.
Ed & David

Rocketeer

I'm trying to think of what show they could be doing. There's nothing from the other parks that might be imported, at least nothing that springs to mind right now. Unless they want to adapt a version of the Duffy show from TDS, but that's highly unlikely.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

perrollaz

Some Star Wars related show be great and would fit perfect into Discoveryland. It should be something futuristic!

Rocketeer

^Now that's not a bad idea. Maybe even the Jedi Training Academy? (I'm not sure if they have that at DLP already).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "Rocketeer"^Now that's not a bad idea. Maybe even the Jedi Training Academy? (I'm not sure if they have that at DLP already).

As there is rumours that the back of discoveryland will become a star wars miniland. I don't think star wars will invade videopolis as well. Because with the captain eo theatre which would be a part of this expansion there is already a location where a Jedi Academy could take place...

In the near future, the stage will be used for amateur performances by dance and singing groups... at least thats what i read somewhere...

My Wish for a permanent future show would be something that represents discoveryland as a whole rather than some character or franchise driven show... I mean Lion King was great but did it match the theme of discoveryland? What i'd probably exept too would be a medley of disney films, like it took palce in 1998 i guess. Like Disney Dreams but on Stage :P.
With Live singing rather than recorded music (like Tarzan... though it is a great show!!!) On the Disney Cruise Line Ships they have such shows: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships ... ive-shows/

Here is a link to a making of to "disney's believe". The story is wrapped around a father who is some kind of gardener (easily convertible into an inventor if you ask me... :) ) and his daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eWZpbeetpQ

But who knows how long it's going to take to get any kind of show :/
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

amanda08

Appartently they are currently auditioning dancers and Mulan look -a-likes for DLP..........................

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

According to https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis the stage refurbishment is finished and it will be used for the Disney Performing Arts Programme... so no actual new show for now^^ as i said before :(
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Kt

We always wanted to see The Lion King but never managed to get tickets. Wasn't there some weird system where you had to queue on the morning of the show between certain times to collect tickets on a first come first served basis? I vaguely remember it always seems to be a bit of a faff!
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

nathalie

Quote from: "Kt"We always wanted to see The Lion King but never managed to get tickets. Wasn't there some weird system where you had to queue on the morning of the show between certain times to collect tickets on a first come first served basis? I vaguely remember it always seems to be a bit of a faff!

Yeah.

At first, you just needed to go stand in line.
It changed a few  years later, I remember in 2007 still having to wait without a ticket.
But then in summer 2008, we suddenly needed to get a ticket first in the morning for the show we wanted to see, and then you still needed to wait like, 30-40 minutes in line, if you wanted to be one of the first to enter the Videopolis.

Standing in line for the ticket usually went quite fast, don't think I was ever in line more then 5 minutes.

Kt

Oh yes, that was it! Always seemed strange to have to queue twice! Even so, it would be great to see a show come back. The Lion King always seemed so popular.
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

DisneyDancer92

I would absolutely love to see a stage show at videopolis again! Barely minds if its something returning (Lion king, mulan, etc) or something new -as long as there will be something. Would def prefer a big medley of disney numbers though.

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"