Where are all the characters?

Started by Bigmick_LFC, January 15, 2013, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmick_LFC

I was expecting to be walking around the park and literally be tripping over characters, but i wasn't.  

Where are they all?

I bought my lad a autograph book and in 4 days he only filled about half of it and some of them were repeated. The same ones day after day, the mickey mouse clubhouse lot and buzz lightyear and we searched everywhere. We even stayed in the Cheyenne hotel hoping to see Woody and Jessie but nothing, the same ones as were in the park were in the hotel. The only different ones we seen were King Luis, baloo, lilo and stitch.

Is this the norm or did i just get a bad week?

nathalie

Well, they're just gone ... If you wanna meet Mickey and princesses the best thing to do it the actual photo meets.
And the folder does show some times for special character sessions.
And the celebration train, after it stops characters come off (though, I don't know if that train goes out every single day).

Maybe they noticed that people turn into a pack of wolves whenever a character used to walk around the park, and found other solutions for it by putting up these photo meets.
I have noticed the park getting busier and busier every single year.

I remember years ago when you could see a character everywhere at the park, and you'd actually have a chance of getting a picture, where now, it's impossible at times.
It's really a shame indeed.

DisneyDonna

Last november we saw Goofy in WDS (although he was a regular) and it was organized amazing. Everyone waited patiently around him, while Goofy himself pointed to the person who could come and take their picture, making sure no one got left behind. This is the way these meetings should be and if they all go like this, I don't see the problem of having more characters out.

nathalie

Quote from: "Donuttiejj"Last november we saw Goofy in WDS (although he was a regular) and it was organized amazing. Everyone waited patiently around him, while Goofy himself pointed to the person who could come and take their picture, making sure no one got left behind. This is the way these meetings should be and if they all go like this, I don't see the problem of having more characters out.

I did see that with the villains mainly at Hallowen.

But still, there were parents shoving their kids in front of the character, even though they had picked someone else out of crowd.
They would make a hand gesture, that the shoved kid should go back where it came from, that it wasn't their turn yet.
Which I really liked.

jonathan

We saw loads last month over 30 and the kids filled thier books with signatures.  To be fair we saw a lot of them in Inventions and Cafe Mickey at dinner time (highly reccomended for character interaction) and lunch with the princesses.  Also staying in the Empire State Club meant we had characters at breakfast and teatime daily.

In the parks we went to the scheduled meet and greets at Princess Pavillion, Meet Mickey Mouse, Duffy by the Storybook Store, Pooh at Casey's Corner, Jack Sparrow by the Chalet au marionette, Jack and Sally by Phantom Manor, Mickey in WDS, Buzz and Dasiy Duck in Toon Plaza.

As well as that Chip n Dale were inside the door of WDS pretty much all day.  Also in WDS we saw Aladdin and Jasmine, Gaston, Mulan, the wicked witch etc.

In WDS the characters who appear in the Cars n Stars Parade will normally be out at various points by Cinemagiue, Animagique, Playhouse Disney Live etc and we saw a lot of them here.

For us it's all about the characters so I book all the character meals that I can as least then guaranteeing some character interaction

DisneyG83

Jonathan - You mentioned the characters in the stars 'n' cars parade being around, was this before or after the parade? :)
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

gemmasteele84

when i went last month it was around 1-2pm :)