Booking ahead.

Started by kathchad, January 03, 2013, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathchad

Hia all,
Wonder if you can help?
I'm heading off for a surprise visit to DLRP on March 1st for three days.
We've booked the half board option and so i was planning on booking restaurants asap.
1st night: Cafe Mickey with a cake for my son's 7th birthday.
2nd night: Walt's
3rd night: Blue Lagoon as he's a massive Capt Jack fan.

I called the reservations line last night to be told that it's too early to book - but I've read you can book three months ahead!
Also what do you think is the best time to go to the Blue Lagoon to get Capt Jack there - i understand he visits from time to time - also can you ask for a specific table so he can see more of the ride and get a real pirates feel?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received,
Ta Kath

AislingM

Ive never booked tables in advance , I tend to book all my meals in City Hall when I arrive and have never had a problem getting a table at any time , but maybe thats because Im always there in low season. I have never seen Captain Jack inside the Blue Lagoon , but he is always walking around Adventureland , you could find him anywhere , I have met him every single day out of my recent trips , but usually he is just around the Blue Lagoon / Skull Rock area.
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

perrollaz

Oh really,never thought about to made table reservation at City Hall! How much/how many hours in advance to do book?

cabsy83

When we went in February 2010 everywhere was booked in advance so we struggled to get reservations on arrival and we weren't even being fussy about where to eat!
I intend to book in advance this time as we know where we definitely want to eat. I think its up to 2 months in advance you can book. Not sure though!

jonathan

I always book restaurants in advance via my travel agent (I aint paying for the phone call lol) before we travel,  It's normally around 2 months ahead of travelling that you can do this.

Captain Jack Sparrow has a meet and greet. It used to be outside the Blue Lagoon but the area is quite small and used to get very crowded.  He now appears outsode the Chalet de Marionette (Pinocchio restaurant) by the ship steering wheel.  His appearance times are normally listed in the events programme.

never2old

If I have my mind set on particular places to eat (which happens more and more...) I usually call in advance to book, normally one week before, but you can book up to 60 days in advance, I think.

kathchad

thanks for your replies. I think i will book ahead and keep and eye out for Capt Jack by the Chalet de Marionette. Is the Blue Lagoon ok for kids?  My youngest is a pasta and pizza kind of a boy, and he loves the pirates so that's why i thought it'd be good to have a meal in there - but is it worth it?

never2old

Quote from: "kathchad"thanks for your replies. I think i will book ahead and keep and eye out for Capt Jack by the Chalet de Marionette. Is the Blue Lagoon ok for kids?  My youngest is a pasta and pizza kind of a boy, and he loves the pirates so that's why i thought it'd be good to have a meal in there - but is it worth it?

You can have a look at the menu here (may not be 100% up to date but it gives you an idea on what's available) They do have pasta in the children's menu! It's one of my favourite restaurants, the food is really yummy and the setting is great (though more of a Caribbean theme to it than a Pirates one). I'd say it's one more for the adults than the children (but that doesn't mean kids will not enjoy it).

You can check Photos Magiques gallery here!

kathchad

thanks for that. i think we'll go for it as if the ride is closed when we are there - start of march - as some other forum posters have said then this might be the closest we get to POTC. boo hoo!!

kate87

I'd give the reservations line a quick call. if the ride is shut won't the blue lagoon be closed too?

haribosmum

I think the Blue Lagoon is closed then (sure I read on a trip report)

I phoned and was told 2 months in advance, so called back and it was fine.  though only got 2 out of 4 days sorted so far, hence having a read on here :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20