Trip Report 16-20 Dec Part 2 Complete

Started by disneydreamer_x, January 11, 2013, 08:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chickadee84

Thanks disneydreamer for your reply sorry i got ur name wrong in my previous post, i haven't got enough time now to hand write a letter as we go on monday 28th febuary , i have however sent a email to every address possible that i could find so i will just hope now. :)

disneydreamer_x

It fine! Well I wish you a great trip I am sure you will enjoy it now matter what happens!
DisneyDreamer

disneydreamer_x

I know its been a while and I'm sorry but I am finally writing part 2 now. :)

disneydreamer_x

Part 2: The first night continued

So my sister wanted to see the dragon in Sleeping Beauty's Castle so instead of going through the entrance we took a detour around through to the dragons lair.

IMAG1853 by Elly.Thomas, on Flickr
Not a great photo but you get the idea!

My sister loves seeing the dragon, and it was my dads first time of seeing it and he liked it too. After going up through the stairs and having a look around the shop - there really are some beautiful items there - we went to fantasyland. But it had started raining really heavily  :( not great for the first night. So we decided to run undercover and go to the Snow White ride. The queue was really short, should have been 2 mins or so but after 2 carts going through fine the ride just stopped moving and it had broken down - typical.

IMAG1694 by Elly.Thomas, on Flickr
Snow White
My sister then saw the carousel all lit up and looking lovely and as she is a horse fanatic we decided to go on them next. The queue was about 10 mins long so it was okay.

IMAG1695 by Elly.Thomas, on Flickr
My sister on her horse just before the ride starts
So that's our first done and it was very enjoyable, for our next ride we decided to try the next dark ride - Pinocchio.
The queue was short only about 5 mins which was surprising as I thought people would be covering from the rain but it was better for us. We really enjoyed this ride and it was better than my dad remembered (he said).

When we got off the ride we could see the glowing lights from the tea cups - my Dad really wanted to go on this ride so that was our heading. The queue was non-existent - we waited for the ride to stop (only about 40 secs) then we were on. With my dad at the wheel the ride was really fast and very funny - my sister couldn't stop laughing for the whole ride. Then after a loo break we saw the small queue for the Peter Pan Ride - one of our (mum,me and my sister - dad couldn't remember) favourites! The queue was only about 5 mins - me and my mum were amazed, and during the queue when we were discussing how well we had done for queue times my dad couldn't believe it when we said Peter Pan can be an 1 hour or more wait. So we all enjoyed Peter Pan and planned to go on it again during our trip and my dad loved it too.  :D

So after Peter Pan fantasyland was closing to prepare for Disney Dreams! We had to walk through adventure land which we found very dark and dangerous underfoot. But skull rock looked great. We decided to wait for our first time watching Disney Dreams. We found a good spot behind the chip&dale snowmen. When we checked the time we realised it was only 9:00 so we were going to have to wait an hour in the cold and rain but we did. I won't go on about Disney Dreams because you know how amazing it is already but wow - its incredible and my sisters face said it all.   :-o We were going to see that again.  

So after Disney Dreams we wanted to eat so we went off to the Disney Village and decided to go to Planet Hollywood. Some people had the same idea but it was relatively empty. It had completely changed layout from the last time we had been. We all had different burgers which were all really nice but the service was really slow - the waiter was very friendly though and at the end of the meal he gave my and my sister a kinder egg which made a nice touch. So after our meal we were all very tired and got the shuttle bus back to the Cheyenne and went to sleep.

Tomorrow it was my birthday...

I hope you are enjoying it so far and once again I am sorry that it took so long!

disneydreamer_x

part 3 coming soon ...

BlackPearl

Nice report so far, keep going  :D
You were really lucky with the Peter Pan queue. The last times we went we always used Fastpass.

Rafael

Great report! :)