Santa Fe or Hotel Cheyenne?

Started by Sulley, January 10, 2013, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sulley

Hi we are going back in May (going to book it tomorrow) and this year we can get the santa fe or the cheyenne for the same price.

We have stayed in the santa fe 3 times so far and love it there, so just wondering is there must of a difference or should we just stick with what we know?

Cheers

Zee79

Quote from: "Sulley"Hi we are going back in May (going to book it tomorrow) and this year we can get the santa fe or the cheyenne for the same price.

We have stayed in the santa fe 3 times so far and love it there, so just wondering is there must of a difference or should we just stick with what we know?

Cheers

More often than not you will now get these hotels for the same price because they have 'upgraded' the santa fe, even though they were supposed to be the same grade anyway.
We always stay in the Santa fe but Christmas 2011 my family stayed in the cheyenne- i stayed in the Santa fe. They said it was nice and the theming was good but preferred the Santa fe because it was calmer, the cheyenne was very busy.

I think it is up to you what is your head or heart telling you. We are actually trying the sequoia in may- we have annual passes this time so using them to get discount on dearer hotels but at new year we will be going for the Santa fe as usual. It might be nice to try the cheyenne since you have not before and you never know you might prefer it especially if you can get it for the same price.

Sulley

thanks I'm just going with the Santa Fe again as I know and love that hotel and going to stay somewhere else just felt wrong lol

Ravenseye

We stayed twice at the Santa Fe and then stayed at Sequoia. I personally loved Santa Fe as I like the New Mexico theme. I see that theyve added/refurbed with a Cars theme, not sure how I feel about that  :|
If my budget allowed i'd def stay at Sequoia again or New York maybe...so many choices  :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Sulley

I love the cars theme for the santa fe it makes it feel more disney, every time I go I always try to wonder if I could get away with bringing home the cars quilt covers lol

Ravenseye

Ah, I can see how having Cars themeing  would make it more Disneyfied. I will check it all out when we go back there in September  :D
And yes, I know what you mean about 'souvenirs' from the room. I've never taken anything but the soap lol, but i'd love to hear 'insider' stories about items that go missing.
Disneyworld 1990

CinderellaSparkle

I've stayed at Santa Fe twice (and Sequoia once) and i would've absolutely loved to have gone back to Santa Fe.. But the whole Cars thing has REALLY put me off. Cars is a big no no for me, boring! So we booked Cheyenne this time around.

Ravenseye

That was my first thought, Cars aint my fave by a long shot, it also seems a 'childish' theme. IMHO. Anyhoo, point was my budget didnt stretch further than the SF, it was that or off site and of course i'd rather be in the Magic not close ish  :|
Disneyworld 1990

Zee79

The cars theme i didn't really notice that much apart from the huge picture of Lightning Mcqueen out front where Clint used to be, other than that it hasn't changed. I asked my daughters what they thought of the santa fe theming and they both didn't mention cars, they said spanish type (only young) so meant mexican.

Sulley

lol my 3 year old daughter calls it the cars hotel, so she really noticed the cars theme :P.

CinderellaSparkle

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Anyhoo, point was my budget didnt stretch further than the SF, it was that or off site and of course i'd rather be in the Magic not close ish  :|

When we booked ours, Santa Fe and Cheyenne were the same price :P