Cots?

Started by Laurence, January 07, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurence

Hello everyone.

We are off to DLP next Thursday and taking our 9 month old twins for their first visit.

We have requested two cots for our room at Cheyenne and was just wondering if anyone here had used one of Disney's cots before? Are they OK? Do we need to take a sheet etc?

Thanks for all your help!

Zee79

We've used cots at the Santa fe and kids were fine in them. I took my daughter's small blanket just so she had something from home that would hopefully make the cot seem less strange. We went to the cheyenne Dec 2011 with my twin nieces (aged 10 month at time) and we were placed on the 1st floor (no lift) and no cots so i would check upon check in. They slept in the bottom bunk together for the holiday. My sister-in-law didn't get much sleep because of the worry, every little noise she put the light on to check them.

Kt

We've stayed with our toddler at Hotel New York twice. We made a request for a cot on the booking and there was one in the room on both occasions, inc sheets and blankets.
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

jonathan

They're just the fold up travel cots- perfectly acceptable.  When booking with your travel agent always emphasise that you need a cot or cots in the room.  It may seem like common sense that they would just provide one but its not always the case lol.

When we stayed at Santa Fe we were supplied with no bedding for the cot and they wouldnt provide any (wouldnt stay in that hole again lol)  but in Hotel New York all bedding was supplied with the cot and was changed every other day during our stay.

haribosmum

In the Sequoia lodge we had bedding and a cute little blanket.  The rest of the group were in the cheyenne and didn't get the blankets.  They bought fleeces from the shop and used them (though obviously not cheap).
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Laurence

Thank you for all your help everyone. We are off tomorrow and can't wait! We're taking special baby sleeping bags rather than blankets. Thanks again!