Rides and attractions suitable for a 2 year old

Started by naisworld, January 01, 2013, 07:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naisworld

Hi. We are going to Dlrp for the first time on 3rd Feb- I can't wait. We are taking our son how has just turned 2 and I wondered if any of you could recommend rides that would be suitable for him (he is just over 90cms tall). I have already seen that 'its a small world' will be closed :(

Zee79

Hi, you have got Snow White, Pinocchio,  not too sure about Peter Pan as it can be quite jerky at times but you could give it a go. How daring is your 2 year old? You could try tea cups, Phantom Manor and POTC. In the studios you have Aladdin flying carpets, Playhouse Disney, Anamagique. If in doubt check out dlrpmagic itself or the dlp website to help you.

jonathan

My youngest was 2 when we went a few weeks back and my middle child was 2 when we went on our trip the time before last.

I took them on the following with no problems

Buzz Lightyear
Dumbo Elephnats
Its a Small World
Carousel
Tea Cups
Phantom Manor
Molly Brown
Phantom Manor
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pinocchio
Casey Jrs Circus Train
Les Pays de.... I cant spell it- the little boat next to Casey Jr
Disney Railroad
Flying Carpets
Studio Tram Tour

tbh pretty much everything without a height or safety restriction.  Most 2 year olds wont be bothered too much by any of it- mine just went round the rides waving at everything lol.  Obviously you know yourself if your child may be sensitive to any of it but I say go for it all!! Enjoy....

naisworld

Quote from: "Zee79"Hi, you have got Snow White, Pinocchio,  not too sure about Peter Pan as it can be quite jerky at times but you could give it a go. How daring is your 2 year old? You could try tea cups, Phantom Manor and POTC. In the studios you have Aladdin flying carpets, Playhouse Disney, Anamagique. If in doubt check out dlrpmagic itself or the dlp website to help you.
Not sure how daring he is but I'm going to give the tea cups and phantom manor a try :twisted: he is quite big for his age! Thanks for the other suggestions- have added them to my list. Dlrpmagic site shows 'family' attractions but there are not many so just wanted some other ideas. Thanks again  :D

naisworld

Quote from: "jonathan"My youngest was 2 when we went a few weeks back and my middle child was 2 when we went on our trip the time before last.

I took them on the following with no problems

Buzz Lightyear
Dumbo Elephnats
Its a Small World
Carousel
Tea Cups
Phantom Manor
Molly Brown
Phantom Manor
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pinocchio
Casey Jrs Circus Train
Les Pays de.... I cant spell it- the little boat next to Casey Jr
Disney Railroad
Flying Carpets
Studio Tram Tour

tbh pretty much everything without a height or safety restriction.  Most 2 year olds wont be bothered too much by any of it- mine just went round the rides waving at everything lol.  Obviously you know yourself if your child may be sensitive to any of it but I say go for it all!! Enjoy....

That's great. I was a bit worried there wouldn't be much for him at his age but just couldn't wait to go any longer!!! I'm sure he will just be waving at everything too! Thanks for your suggestions   :D

SoundSoldier

I would really reconsider snow white, because it's more scary then the happy in Snow white.
it's marked with the 'It could be scary for kids' sign on the map :)

But you know your kid the best of course ;)

naisworld

Quote from: "SoundSoldier"I would really reconsider snow white, because it's more scary then the happy in Snow white.
it's marked with the 'It could be scary for kids' sign on the map :)

But you know your kid the best of course ;)

Thanks for the tip - I might go on without him first just to check it out. :)

jonathan

Ive always been of the thinking that if I can take the kids on rides when theyre young they will become decensitised (sp?) to them much easier.  At 2 my children had no real concept of fear and werent bothered but then at 5 my daughter became apprehensive about the dark but soon remembered shed been on before and was OK.

Im also of the opinion thatr the holiday costs me enough Im going to try and make sure that everyonr in the party can experience as much of it as they possibly can.  Of course, even the price of the holiday isnt a reason to distress your children lol.

Zee79

Quote from: "jonathan"Ive always been of the thinking that if I can take the kids on rides when theyre young they will become decensitised (sp?) to them much easier.  At 2 my children had no real concept of fear and werent bothered but then at 5 my daughter became apprehensive about the dark but soon remembered shed been on before and was OK.

Im also of the opinion thatr the holiday costs me enough Im going to try and make sure that everyonr in the party can experience as much of it as they possibly can.  Of course, even the price of the holiday isnt a reason to distress your children lol.

I agree. My eldest was 18 month old when we first took her and she wanted to go on a lot of the rides- even the big ones. We took her on POTC and i honestly thought i had traumatised her! The picture looking back was funny seeing her face but at the time i just thought 'oh no what have i done' :shock: . It didn't last long she has been going on the adult fast rides since she was 6! she is tall for her age. The faster the better for her and she loves TOT. She was very upset when we went Dec 2011 because she had broken her collar bone so couldn't go on fast rides. My youngest on the other hand does not do rides (she is 6).

Only you know your children so only you can really decided  :)

jonathan

I decided on this course of action because when  was a child, I was an only child, my Mum wasnt overly keen on big rides after a few bad experiences and my Dad wasnt interested at all so it wasnt until I was about 13 that I started to be brave mainly because my friends were.

If Id have had someone to take me on the rides when I was younger and had no real concept of fear Id have been the better for it.

And often kids surprise year.  This last trip my 3 1/2 year old wasnt very keen on Slinky Dog, yet as soon as it finishes he want to go on it again.  If you look at the on ride photo from POTC youd think I was torturing him but he loved it and we went on it umpteen times.

While all rides arent suitable for everyones tastes all the rides mentioned are reasonably tame and acceptable comapred to fairgrounds and seaside resorts in the UK.  Just go for it and enjoy yourselves!

naisworld

Quote from: "jonathan"I decided on this course of action because when  was a child, I was an only child, my Mum wasnt overly keen on big rides after a few bad experiences and my Dad wasnt interested at all so it wasnt until I was about 13 that I started to be brave mainly because my friends were.

If Id have had someone to take me on the rides when I was younger and had no real concept of fear Id have been the better for it.

And often kids surprise year.  This last trip my 3 1/2 year old wasnt very keen on Slinky Dog, yet as soon as it finishes he want to go on it again.  If you look at the on ride photo from POTC youd think I was torturing him but he loved it and we went on it umpteen times.

While all rides arent suitable for everyones tastes all the rides mentioned are reasonably tame and acceptable comapred to fairgrounds and seaside resorts in the UK.  Just go for it and enjoy yourselves!

I'm thinking along the same lines. I'm going to try him on everything he can go on. I don't want him to become a wimp!!! Is Phantom Manor really scary? :)