Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Welcome to the forum!

You can only upgrade 1 Day/1 Park and 1 Day Hopper tickets, sorry.

But if you still buy a Francilien, then the discounts can be used as soon as you get the AP. For the Fantasy and Dream, there's no "can't be used second and third days" rule.

Hope that helps. :wink:

Logan

Thanks Baloo!

So, if I understand you correctly, the Francilien pass can be used from day 1 to get discounts, while the other 2 types cannot be used until the 4th day after purchasing?

With the Francilien only giving discount to restaurants and not shops, it's hardly worthwhile. We would have to spend £600 on food before making any sort of saving!  :?

Anthony

Quote from: "Logan"So, if I understand you correctly, the Francilien pass can be used from day 1 to get discounts, while the other 2 types cannot be used until the 4th day after purchasing?
Oh no, I'm talking about park entry here. All the APs can be used for discounts from the moment you buy them, but the Francilien has a rule which means you can't use it for park entry on the two days following its purchase.

So yeah, if you've already got park hoppers and don't need to AP for entry, it'll be hard to make any savings with the discounts. :wink:

seanmartina

Hi,
   Was in Dlrp 21-28 july, had a wonderfull time, we got there late around 7.40 and bought our anuael pass at the side ticket/information booth. the kind castmember at the counter informed us that we could get five yearly passes for the price of four.

Great deal, as my friend is going along with us during christmas, so i asked him how i claim the temp pass for the plastic year pass, he told me the form was online.

I have searched through the whole uk site, its even difficult to get information  on the year pass through the uk site.

I was wondering could anyone point me in the right direction on how i get the form to exchange the temp ticket to the plastic anuael pass.. it expires in sept...

many thanks

Nicholas-c

Just one question, when i get my annual pass in august at Disney, how do you work it? do i show it to the cast member or just put it in the ticket machine ? because it has your photo on so :S

also! what does one actually looks like :lol: got any photos ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

seanmartina

they go through the machine as normal,

there is a pic of one  here

http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/passep ... dex.xhtml#

Cubitus

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Just one question, when i get my annual pass in august at Disney, how do you work it? do i show it to the cast member or just put it in the ticket machine ? because it has your photo on so :S
APs are just meant to be inserted into the ticket validating machines at the entrance gates. Here are some details in addition:

When you enter the park for the first time a day, the cast member which is locked inside the machine will greet you with a warm "Welcome!" (maybe it's just a computer voice or a talking box of magic, we didn't found out yet ;)

When you re-enter the park later or hop over to the other park, there's no more "welcome" (as you already finished the warm-up phase), but instead the coloured lights on top of the machine will indicate that you're using your AP for another time this day. This will usually cause a cast member to friendly have a quick look at your AP and then into your face to validate that it's really you.

They obviously want to prevent APs given to other people through the fences.

It also CAN happen if you re-enter quickly (like after forgetting something at the car and getting back after just a few minutes) that the gate won't open. Red light flashing. But don't panic, the cast member will open the gate for you after a quick identity check.

Oliver

P.S.: Should you come with a stroller or wheelchair, a CM will let you enter through the big gate door (in-between of the automatic turnstiles). CM will either put the AP in the machine for you or just manually validate yaour entrance.

Same applies if you enter through Salon Mickey (being a Shareholders Club member). There is no machinery at all. Cast members will take your AP for discrete validating and bring it back to your table then :)
Oliver

Cubitus

Quote from: "seanmartina"I was wondering could anyone point me in the right direction on how i get the form to exchange the temp ticket to the plastic anuael pass.. it expires in sept...
Hmh. The only way I know about for getting the plastic card is presenting yourself at the Annual Passport Office (because they need your face for a while, stamping it to the plastic card ;))) By the way, why do you still have a temporary passport since last September?! You should have it been plastifyed at the AP Office upon your first visit already...

I wonder if there is a speciality I might not know about. Getting information from the CM referring to online forms sounds quite useless to me. You were there in person, not virtually! ;)

The 5-for-4 offer seems to be the usual family discount: 5 APs being bought at the same time for the same family (same home address) will get a 20% discount on the total sum (= 1 AP for free). As far as I know you can't make up the 5th AP later. This is the french original text (for Fantasy, but it's the same for a Dream AP):

Quote from: "http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/passeport_annuel/offres/fantasy.htm"Pour l'achat simultané de 5 Passeports Annuels Fantasy* et plus pour une même famille (même adresse), bénéficiez de 20% de réduction sur le montant total de l'achat (soit 103€ par Passeport Annuel au lieu de 129€).

* Offre non cumulable et valable uniquement au Bureau Passeport Annuel et aux guichets d'entrée des Parcs Disney®, par correspondance et par téléphone au N° Indigo 0825 825 100 (0.15€ TTC/ MN)
Personally I think you cannot take advantage of that offer.

BUT I suggest to contact Disney by e-mail: mailto:DLP.guest.communication@disney.com">DLP.guest.communication@disney.com – they will kindly answer all of your questions, and if there's an online form, they'd probably send it (or the link) to you. I learned that it's always worth to kindly ask what you plan to do. So if you were told you can easily get "the 5th AP for your family for free", just ask them how to handle it.

Remember: your friend has to be a family member, living at the same address, otherwise there won't be any discount at all. But of course he can be a nephew or whatever living at your house, even if there's still his old home address in the passport. hint, hint. ;)))

Best of luck!
Oliver
Oliver

Cubitus

Folks,

if you got 12 months added on your AP for sponsoring someone -- is it possible to get even more free months with the "fresh" sponsoring form, or is the freely renewed AP (€0,00 on it) excluded from sponsoring offers for any reason?

Cheers
Oliver
Oliver

seanmartina

hi
Thanks for the reply, the temp ticket is only valid for 2 months, it has to be exchanged before sept. the castmember told me i could claim the pass online, the person does not need to be at the park at the moment.

Cubitus

Hey seanmartina,

okay, I can see clearly now, but still don't understand why you booked an AP without planning to be at the resort..? But anyway, just e-mail the Cast, they'll help you if ever they can ;)

Btw: it should always possible to get the 'real' AP by postal order, too. Especially when the AP already has been paid. They just need a photo and a copy of your ID/passport then (to confirm the photo really shows yourself). I am quite sure they don't need a special form then. For me it worked well that way, both for "sponsored renewal" and either "usual renewal" (with payment). It just takes about 2 weeks.

Oliver
Oliver

Alison

I'm happy to report that last month we called at the APB for our passports for seven of us and HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. Fast and efficient service, English -speaking, pleasant and helpful staff. We thought it might've been an ordeal with the children in tow, but there were cartoons on for them in a kids' corner and it couldn't've been easier. Thanks DLP!

pink

hi, these still confuse me :oops: we went to dlrp in july but had already booked our tickets so couldnt get the ap we have decided to go back in dec and feel the ap would benifit us with the discounts ect can anyone please explain the best way of buying them? as i was hoping to use the passes to get the hotel discount so i take it i need to buy the passes first? can they be bought online or post ect whenever or do the have to be bought and hen collected by a certain date? also will they want to see our passes on arrival with the passports or do they just leave the park passes to you?

seanmartina

hi
Hi Cubitus

The reason i got the ticket is becuase we bought 4 for the 4 of us who were there, but when you buy 4 you get a 5th one free, and as i know somebody who is going at christmas we thought why not.

Cubitus

Quote from: "pink"can they be bought online or post ect whenever or do the have to be bought and hen collected by a certain date?
Both. You can order them by letter or phone, will receive a temporary passport then which should work for hotel bookings and entering the park. It should be exchanged to a permanent AP (with photo) on your first visit then.

The »online booking site, however, won't list APs unless you're from France. You can try to book APs for the UK using »this tweaked link (just choose the AP you want, the no. of adults/kids and click 'continuer' twice, the user interface will remain french), but I'm not giving any guarantees. I tried to handle an order just to the step of payment (final checkbox to click is "J´ai lu et approuvé les conditions de vente." - "I read and understood the »conditions of use") and to give your credit card details.

Going this way is a little bit experimental, but hey: for which reasons you should be able to buy APs in France only?

I think it would be interesting for us all to know if this way of getting APs outside France will work. So if someone tries it, please let us know about the results :)

Oliver
Oliver