Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "seanmartina"i was wondering is it true, that when you buy an adult annual pass you get a child one free... until august

That's what we did for our 4 year old in June.  However, you must state that's what you want to do when you purchase your AP's, they will not tell you about it.  In fact, when we went, we printed out the information from the French website - there was then no issue.
since 2001 (many before that)

seanmartina

Thanks for that, really appreciate it, my french is not very good, could you forward me a link to the french website which states this, many thanks again,   this could save us 260 euro which is a big saving

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "seanmartina"Thanks for that, really appreciate it, my french is not very good, could you forward me a link to the french website which states this, many thanks again,   this could save us 260 euro which is a big saving

Hi Seanmartina, ask and you shall recieve.  Sorry about the delay, I posted on the Wii yesterday where I did not have the link, hopefully this one will help (they are free up until the 30th September:

http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/passep ... s/k7.xhtml

Have a great trip

seanmartina

Hi,
   Thank you so much, thats great, i will really enjoy my trip this week, and we have booked for christmas, so so much saving, is it true that disney give other holders extra months if they sponsor other people, if you want i could put you down as a sponser and get you extra months on your pass, (just for being so helpful)

sean

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "seanmartina"Hi,
   Thank you so much, thats great, i will really enjoy my trip this week, and we have booked for christmas, so so much saving, is it true that disney give other holders extra months if they sponsor other people, if you want i could put you down as a sponser and get you extra months on your pass, (just for being so helpful)

sean

Thank you for the very kind offer.  Sadly, it cannot be done within 2 months of renewing (we only renewed 4 weeks ago).  But what you could do for us is have a fantastic time and spread a little more magic to other guests while you are there.  I look forward to hearing about your time.

seanmartina

Thanks again, no worries we will be spreading plenty of happiness while we are there

TimW

Hi again,

Well back from our trip, which was great and we even had nice weather for most of it! We got all 4 annual passes (dream) with the 2 children's ones free, couldn't use any other offers with it (10% off with existing sponsor) and also they wouldn't give us any discount for the park tickets from the hotel package we had booked first, even though we got the passes on the first day as soon as we went to the park.

I have been trying to book the Disneyland hotel for Christmas and apart from the prices being different from the website, I was told there was no discount available, I did say that for the dream passport it should be valid for 10% off all year round and the operator agreed then told me she thought this meant that all rooms available for pass holders must of already been booked! So I am a bit disappointed as we want to stay but obviously want to make the most of the annual passes and get our discount.

Has anyone else ever had this problem or am I just unlucky? I aim to phone back later and try again to see if I get the same info.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "TimW"Hi again,

I have been trying to book the Disneyland hotel for Christmas and apart from the prices being different from the website, I was told there was no discount available, I did say that for the dream passport it should be valid for 10% off all year round and the operator agreed then told me she thought this meant that all rooms available for pass holders must of already been booked! So I am a bit disappointed as we want to stay but obviously want to make the most of the annual passes and get our discount.

Has anyone else ever had this problem or am I just unlucky? I aim to phone back later and try again to see if I get the same info.

Welcome back Tim.  The DLH is the one exception, they do not often give out discounts (they have a very small allotment and Xmas is the DLH's busiest time).  Try the Hotel NY instead, to me it's a better hotel, and much easier to get the discounts at.

jazzluvva

Quote from: "TimW"Hi again,
 and also they wouldn't give us any discount for the park tickets from the hotel package we had booked first.

that is a bummer, I was hoping to upgrade our package tickets up to AP's when we go in Nov :(

TimW

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Welcome back Tim.  The DLH is the one exception, they do not often give out discounts (they have a very small allotment and Xmas is the DLH's busiest time).  Try the Hotel NY instead, to me it's a better hotel, and much easier to get the discounts at.

Hi Davewasbaloo,

I have called again regarding the Hotel New York (we really liked it there before) and was told the annual pass discounts haven't been released yet, but was given the room only price, the thing being as they are currently running the offer on for 3 nights/4days for the price of 2 nights/3 days and kids go free on the standard packages it works out cheaper than the room only deal (even taking off another 10%) so it is looking likely that this year with all the extra promotions it's cheaper to just take a package than to use the ap discount.

We will still get to save money on all food, drinks, strollers and merchandise and in the future when all these offers have stopped maybe also on hotel stays, so we are still glad we got them!

Thanks for everyone who has given me some advice so far, all appreciated!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "TimW"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Welcome back Tim.  The DLH is the one exception, they do not often give out discounts (they have a very small allotment and Xmas is the DLH's busiest time).  Try the Hotel NY instead, to me it's a better hotel, and much easier to get the discounts at.

Hi Davewasbaloo,

I have called again regarding the Hotel New York (we really liked it there before) and was told the annual pass discounts haven't been released yet, but was given the room only price, the thing being as they are currently running the offer on for 3 nights/4days for the price of 2 nights/3 days and kids go free on the standard packages it works out cheaper than the room only deal (even taking off another 10%) so it is looking likely that this year with all the extra promotions it's cheaper to just take a package than to use the ap discount.

We will still get to save money on all food, drinks, strollers and merchandise and in the future when all these offers have stopped maybe also on hotel stays, so we are still glad we got them!

Thanks for everyone who has given me some advice so far, all appreciated!

This is why we have now started staying at the Holiday Inn and the Marriott.  They offer better value accommodation for AP holders IMHO.

Also, if you have your heart set on Disney hotels, check out Expedia - they offer room only.

peep

I purchased my annual passport last week. It saved me a lot of money on my 7 day holiday.

One warning which me and my friends didn't know about before arrival is that there is a law in France which means under 18s need parent authorization to sign a contract, including the passport. So if your 17 and going with friends 18 or over take a copy of a parents passport/drivers licence and a small signed paragraph from a parent explaining that you have permission to purchase the passport.

Sorry if that has already been mentioned somewhere before, its just a very annoying problem if your in that situation.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Riebi

How much nights a year must you stay that the best ap is profitable?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

It depends Reibi.  The Fantasy pass is 1 euro more than a 3 day hopper.  A Dream is 51 euros more.  But with the free aperetifs, the 20% merchandise, free pushchair (which we make use of) and other perks, we find it makes sense if going for 4+ days a year.  But if you do not buy much in the shops and only eat at counter services, then probably 7+ days a year.

Logan

Hi folks

New to this Forum, heading off to Disneyland on Tuesday. I have a 3 day hopper ticket - can this be exchanged for an Annual Pass and would I be able to use the privilages right away? Also, do they take the cost of the 3 day hopper off the AP?

I notice that it cannot be used until after the third day, which is ok since we have 3 day passes, but can we use it immediately to get discounts in restaurants and shops?

We are planning to go to the Parks next Tuesday and Wednesday (31/7 & 1/8), then head to our campsite further north for 12 nights, during which time we will return for the last day. I suppose if the discounts cannot be used on 31/7 or 1/8 they could be used on this third visit, but it would hardly be worth updating.

I hope I have made sense, basically I would like to upgrade one of our tickets  and be able to get discount on shopping and meals for the whole group during our 3 days in the park.

Thanks for any clarification!  :D