Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Quote from: claire2281 on January 09, 2019, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: stevemc on January 09, 2019, 03:03:51 PM
Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

I can't see why it would work tbh.

You only get refunded the day tickets if and when you have to enter the park that day to buy your passport in the bureau.

You would have to buy entrance tickets for Wednesday and Thursday if you do it that way, and would only get one day refunded.

Have you considered buying the passes before you go?

stevemc

Quote from: claire2281 on January 09, 2019, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: stevemc on January 09, 2019, 03:03:51 PM
Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

I can't see why it would work tbh.

You only get refunded the day tickets if and when you have to enter the park that day to buy your passport in the bureau.

I know one of the kioscs at WDS entrance (furthest to the right) deals with annual passes (I was standing there last year for 30 minutes when I turned up on a blockout day :)) and I know that an option at that kiosk was to hand in your existing pass and upgrade to another one for the difference in the cost of the pass.

I thought that you might be able to buy a ticket for the annual pass (similar to the ticket you get in the post if you buy before you go there) at this kiosk to redeem in the passport office on the same day and get the discount for the previous days tickets when paying outside at the kiosk. 

Reepicheep

Hey!

We will be at DLP from 6 to 9 February and we can sponsor 6 persons to get the Annual Pass.

Anybody interested, just tell!!

helena briggs

Hello! I'm wanting to purchase an infinity annual pass, but can't seem to find anywhere how much room rates are. Online it says 55 euros for the santa fe during super value season, but I'm looking to stay in the DLH during super value season. Can anyone help me out? Thank you so much in advance x

stevemc

Ring them. Tell them what pass you have or are planning to purchase and they'll be able to tell you the availability and the room only rates for the dates you have in mind.

Ijeenuh

Hi Everyone! We are in Disneyland Paris from friday 8 March - Sunday 10 March!
We can sponsor 9 people for the anual pass with 10% discount.
If you are interessed send us an message or an email: irenestes@gmail.com.
Greetings, Irene :)

Disneyday

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping someone will be able to clear a few things up for me. I've read through a lot of the pages of this thread to save me re-asking questions but I found a bit of conflicting info so I thought it best just to ask again.

I'm looking to get a couple of Discovery passes to use, hopefully, for a handful of little trips over the course of the next year. I would, if possible, like to avoid the 2nd and 3rd block out dates by ordering my passes using the postal form. Is this possible? Are the Discovery passes started the day they are made meaning the 2nd and 3rd block out dates have been and gone before I've even received them? Or do the Discovery passes start the first day they're used in the park so the block out dates are unavoidable?
And roughly how long do the passes take to arrive by post? Say, from the time I post them out to me receiving them.

Sorry for the fiddly questions! I'd love some help in figuring these bits and bobs out so if anybody can I'd be very grateful. I hope I can be of help in some of the other threads.
Thanks in advance! :)

stevemc

Firstly decide which annual pass is suitable for you/your family by checking blackout days etc and see if they match with dates you might be planning to go.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/annual-passes/

The cheapest pass (discovery) is the only one that has the 2nd and 3rd day after its validated as blockout days. To avoid this you could buy the magic flex passes they are €70 more expensive but well worth it if you can enter the parks on the 2nd and 3rd day. Also you have 300 days entry to the park each year rather than 150.

You can buy them online but you have to validate them in Disneyland Paris within 6 months (you'll get standard cardboard/paper tickets in the post). This invloves going to the passpost office in the park and getting photos taken etc and you'll receive the annual passport with your photo on it there and then. Valid for 12 months from the date they are validated in the park, if Discovery pass then the next two days are blockout days.

Cant remember how long it takes to receive them in the post but you should have them within a few weeks.  The other option here is to just buy tickets at the gate on the first day, go to the passport office and get the price of these tickets taken off the price of the annual pass.

Disneyday

Quote from: stevemc on February 04, 2019, 12:48:13 PM

You can buy them online but you have to validate them in Disneyland Paris within 6 months (you'll get standard cardboard/paper tickets in the post). This invloves going to the passpost office in the park and getting photos taken etc and you'll receive the annual passport with your photo on it there and then. Valid for 12 months from the date they are validated in the park, if Discovery pass then the next two days are blockout days.

I thought I'd read somewhere that you no longer received a paper ticket in the post but instead your actual pass?? The form you fill out now asks you to send a passport picture so that they can make your pass there and then.

Has anybody ordered and received Discovery passes in the post? Did they start on day of manufacture?

I'd have preferred not to have to go into the passport office, I'd have liked to have this sorted before we go.

Maybe all the other levels of pass are sent out to you but not the Discovery?

It's all a little confusing. Discovery is the perfect pass for us, it includes any and all date we'd like to go and 150 days is more than enough. The blockout days would just be a bit annoying if we couldn't avoid. Yeah, there's tons of great stuff to do in Paris for two days but sometimes you just want a Disney break. The extra 70euro for magic flex pays for a flight, at least that's how I have to look at it.

Chopsy96

Asking a big favour here! Wanting to purchase an Infitiy Pass but want to know more details about hotel prices before I take the plunge!
Does anyone know the current rate for a room at DLH?
Failing this, would someone with a pass be able to phone and ask for room rates at DLH, 16.09.19, please?

sven

Where do I buy the discounted tickets for my friends that I can get with my Magic Plus AP? At the guest relations or at any ticket booth?

NCC1701Q

sven

Great, I will try that tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.

seraphelle

Hoping someone can help...

Up until last yesr I was a Dream pass holder but didn't renew due to various reasons. Now we're visiting again next week and I'm wanting to get AP's again, but they've changed and my memory is fuzzy on what the process is.

I know we buy normal tickets on the gate and the cost of these is refunded against the AP's once we're in and get to Bureau to sign up. We'll be paying in monthly instalments for our AP's so my query is:

Will the park tickets we buy be used as our initial payment?
Or will the cost of the tickets be taken off overall price, plus we'll still be expected to pay out the 55€ per AP initial payment?

Thanks in advance.

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019