Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

Quote from: A&S&O on January 03, 2019, 11:18:54 PM
Quote from: JMB on January 03, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Hi,

A couple of questions which I've struggled to find answer to so hope you educated lot may be able to help.

First, we have just arrived back from DLP and, whilst there, were asked a couple of times to wait for Annual Pass holders to see characters before us.  Is a 'Fastpass' for characters a benefit if APs?

And my second query is that I have read that if you buy a Magic Plus AP then you can use it during black out days, so long as you book a Disney hotel. I find this quite an odd one but would make the Magic Plus very tempting.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it was AP holders that were given priority and not disability passes? Seems odd that AP holders would be given priority.

I think a (paid) hotel stay overrides AP block out dates as you would be given park tickets for your stay. Not sure of the situation if you have just added the AP holder to the booking and just paid the tourist tax though.

The first time the Cast Member said Infinity Pass and I didn't think much of it, assumed something had been lost in translation and it was a disability pass, but then it happened a second time and they said Annual Pass.  Seemed strange but thought it was a great benefit if it is the case.

On the second query, the suggestion was that if you booked a hotel only then the AP would work.  Its an ED92 blog that I was reading, originally written in French so I had to use Google translate as my French doesn't go beyond a few sentences.

I'm considering AP this year and have been looking at all the benefits, hence the questions.

Thanks again

Chilly dog

I am thinking of getting a annual pass and wondered what restaurants you get discount at and whether it's worth it
We eat a lot at rainforest and planet Hollywood and wondered if they are included

NCC1701Q

A paid hotelstay (also just paying the tourist tax) does indeed override any blockout days. In fact, it's "a stay at a Disneyland Paris-hotel" that does, so it might even be when you're not paying at all but do have a Magic Pass for a specific date.

I have never heard of AP-guests getting priority over non-AP-guests at character meets. As suggested, it might be a case of bad english from the Cast Member?

Quote from: JMB on January 04, 2019, 12:05:06 AM
Hi,

A couple of questions which I've struggled to find answer to so hope you educated lot may be able to help.

First, we have just arrived back from DLP and, whilst there, were asked a couple of times to wait for Annual Pass holders to see characters before us.  Is a 'Fastpass' for characters a benefit if APs?

And my second query is that I have read that if you buy a Magic Plus AP then you can use it during black out days, so long as you book a Disney hotel. I find this quite an odd one but would make the Magic Plus very tempting.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it was AP holders that were given priority and not disability passes? Seems odd that AP holders would be given priority.

I think a (paid) hotel stay overrides AP block out dates as you would be given park tickets for your stay. Not sure of the situation if you have just added the AP holder to the booking and just paid the tourist tax though.

The first time the Cast Member said Infinity Pass and I didn't think much of it, assumed something had been lost in translation and it was a disability pass, but then it happened a second time and they said Annual Pass.  Seemed strange but thought it was a great benefit if it is the case.

On the second query, the suggestion was that if you booked a hotel only then the AP would work.  Its an ED92 blog that I was reading, originally written in French so I had to use Google translate as my French doesn't go beyond a few sentences.

I'm considering AP this year and have been looking at all the benefits, hence the questions.

Thanks again

NCC1701Q

As far as I know you get 10% discount at Planet Hollywood, Annette's, Rainforest Café and similar restaurants in Disney Village.

Quote from: Chilly dog on January 04, 2019, 08:00:20 AM
I am thinking of getting a annual pass and wondered what restaurants you get discount at and whether it's worth it
We eat a lot at rainforest and planet Hollywood and wondered if they are included

JMB

Quote from: NCC1701Q on January 04, 2019, 08:08:53 AM
A paid hotelstay (also just paying the tourist tax does indeed override any blockout days. In fact, it's "a stay at a Disneyland Paris-hotel" that does, so it might even be when you're not paying at all but do have a Magic Pass for a specific date.

I have never heard of AP-guests getting priority over non-AP-guests at character meets. As suggested, it might be a case of bad english from the Cast Member?

Quote from: JMB on January 04, 2019, 12:05:06 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Thanks again

Sorry if I'm being a little slow but could I just clarify?  If I buy a Magic Plus AP and want to go during a block out period, I can book accommodation only at a Disney hotel and use my AP to access the park?

NCC1701Q

Yes. You get a Magic Pass with the dates of your stay and that gives you access, in combination with your Magic Plus.

JMB

JMB

Last question (possibly).  Magic Plus AP has 15 block of days, usually 7 before Halloween and 8 over Christmas and New Year.  However, this year the calender only shows 12 - 7 before Halloween and 5 over Christmas, but New Year has been 'unblocked'.  Can anyone confirm that this isn't a mistake? For a family of 4 that has an expensive habit of always going over New Year, this would be an amazing advantage.  I'm just not sure it's accurate.  Have queried  with Disney but yet to receive a reply.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NCC1701Q

I think no-one can for sure tell you it's not a mistake (except Disney ofcourse) but you seem to be correct. So make sure to make screenshots of those pages :)

KazDee

PLEASE can anyone help me!

I am looking to possibly buy annual passes, I am in UK and first visit will be December. When do I order the annual passes, or can I buy them at the park? I will have to pay monthly so does the year of use begin on the day I order the passes? Or the day of first visit? and do i have to have paid the passes off in full before I can use them? I can't find this info ANYWHERE online!! PLEASE help!

NCC1701Q

Hello KazDee,

you can either buy them at the parks or online.
If you buy them at the parks, you can do it two ways: buy them outside the parks at the Walt Disney Studios Park-ticket-booth OR buy a one day-ticket online, use that to enter the park and get the annual pass at the Bureau Passeport Annual where the one-day-ticket-price will be subtracted from the amount due. In both cases the validity-period starts on the day you buy them (so when you are in the park).

If you buy them online, you get a voucher with which you can enter the park once and get your definitive annual pass made at the Bureau Passeport Annuel.

If you buy them online, you cannot be sponsored and get the 10% discount. If you buy them in the parks and have not had annual passes the last 2 years, you can be sponsored by another annual-pass-holder and get a 10% discount on your annual passes.

The passes, both fully paid at once or in monthly installments, are valid rightaway. Ofcourse, if you fail to pay the monthly installments, the pass will be suspended after some time.

KazDee

Thank you SO much for your help and advice. You have answered all my questions - thank you  :D

NCC1701Q

stevemc

Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

claire2281

Quote from: stevemc on January 09, 2019, 03:03:51 PM
Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

I can't see why it would work tbh.

You only get refunded the day tickets if and when you have to enter the park that day to buy your passport in the bureau.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne