Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milobea

Hello EHG

We picked up magic plus passes in the summer & we are back today for 5 days. We are staying at SL but booked through Expedia as it worked out at least £300 cheaper than using the Disney phone lines with the not so special discount. We are just picking restaurants & using the 10% discount as we go.

k

I have another noob question...
Is there an option to buy a 2parks/1day ticket for friends and family in advance? The one that's eur39 nowadays for Infinity.
If none, is there a special lane for Inifity AP holders to make this purchase on the day?

NCC1701Q

Officially: no and no.

Although there have been visitors who reported they were allowed to buy Friendstickets for 2 days. But there is no special lane.

Dottymcdotty

Hi there
We are off to DLP tomorrow (Xmas day yay!!) and want to purchase 5 x infinity AP by DD. If I did this online today would I receive a temporary via email that will give us access to the park ? Then exchange once in there or do I have to buy an additional day ticket?Dont really want to spend more than the €55 pp as it's quite a budget we are working from!
Or can I do it at Donald's desk/over the telephone and get temporary pass that way?
Thanks agai and merry disneymas!

Slimy yet satisfying

You can buy your annual passes at the normal entrance ticket booths then do the paperwork at the bureau later in the day.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Slimy yet satisfying

Sorry. Just reread your post and saw that you wanted to pay by DD. Not sure if you can do that at the front desk, we've only done it when paying in full.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

fiyero

A similar question to the above, if I order online (for monthly payment) can I choose when the pass will start? If not what do I need to do on the day? (or should I just buy a one day ticket to get in and they can work out the difference at the AP office?)

NCC1701Q

When we ordered online, we got the definitive AP sent to our home which started the day it was printed in France.
If you want your AP to start on the 1st day of your visit you might as well buy it directly at the Studios Park entrance, and set up the monthly payments there.

MumofBoys

Hi, I'm a total newbie and planning our first ever trip to Disney!!

The annual magic plus passses look to be the best option for us. What I'm unsure of is how the proof of address works for the family discount? The hubby and I are taking our 4 boys, we've  all got the same surname but do the kids need proof of address? The eldest, he's 16, will he need proof of address  even if the younger ones don't? Or will our surname be enough, plus the fact that they're all minors? There is absolutely no way I can prove the address of my 3 or 6 year old! The 13 & 16 year old get occasion bank statements, but they're not regular.

I was hoping to just buy them all at the gate, rather than before hand, but worried about how we prove our address to qualify for the family discount: I'd hate to be missing something and not be able to get it. To be honest, I'll struggle to prove my own address as versionally everything is paperless now! Thanks in advance.

NCC1701Q

If you all have the same surname and you can prove they are your kids (copy of birthcertificate maybe?), there should be no problem.

MumofBoys

Thanks NCC1701Q. 

Was hoping not to have to take all their birth certificates but maybe will have to.

Zee79

Would passports be suitable since you will have them with traveling? When we bought 9 they didn't even ask for proof, thin they were seeing €€€€€ thought at that point haha.

MumofBoys

No passports are fine, I wasn't sure whether they needed anything above and beyond that. Good to know you guys didn't, hopefully that'll be same for us. I can't imaagine loads of people taking both passports and birth cirtificertificates too!

JMB

Hi,

A couple of questions which I've struggled to find answer to so hope you educated lot may be able to help.

First, we have just arrived back from DLP and, whilst there, were asked a couple of times to wait for Annual Pass holders to see characters before us.  Is a 'Fastpass' for characters a benefit if APs?

And my second query is that I have read that if you buy a Magic Plus AP then you can use it during black out days, so long as you book a Disney hotel. I find this quite an odd one but would make the Magic Plus very tempting.

Thanks in advance

A&S&O

Quote from: JMB on January 03, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Hi,

A couple of questions which I've struggled to find answer to so hope you educated lot may be able to help.

First, we have just arrived back from DLP and, whilst there, were asked a couple of times to wait for Annual Pass holders to see characters before us.  Is a 'Fastpass' for characters a benefit if APs?

And my second query is that I have read that if you buy a Magic Plus AP then you can use it during black out days, so long as you book a Disney hotel. I find this quite an odd one but would make the Magic Plus very tempting.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it was AP holders that were given priority and not disability passes? Seems odd that AP holders would be given priority.

I think a (paid) hotel stay overrides AP block out dates as you would be given park tickets for your stay. Not sure of the situation if you have just added the AP holder to the booking and just paid the tourist tax though.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?