Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

Quote from: dencarter on December 29, 2017, 11:31:22 PM
You get a 6 month Magic Plus pass.
The main differences from Dream are the five blackout days between Christmas and New Year, and slightly less discount in the restaurants and shops. An added benefit is the 'exclusive' entrance to both parks, which is moderately helpful on really busy days.

Thanks for the info.  Magic Plus seems fair.  Not bothered about going over Christmas anyway.

clarethomer

Quote from: rocker on January 03, 2018, 12:16:21 AM
Quote from: clarethomer on January 02, 2018, 10:45:06 PM

1 - Are we best to purchase the annual passes ahead of our visit or can this be done on arrival?

2 - Do all members of the family have to have the same pass type?

3 - What is the reserved entrance (not on magic flex but may consider if worthwhile)

4 - Are there any 'tricks/methods/deals for obtaining these passes for less than what they are being priced at on the official website?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

1/4. Some people do buy passes in advance from 3rd party providers, which can be cheaper.  There is no benefit to buying a pass direct from Disney in advance as you'll still need to go to the pass office to have your photocards issued to you.  If you're going to buy from Disney then you can get an existing passholder to sponsor you.  This means you get 10% off the pass price (once they've sponsored 3 people, they get a 6 month extension to their pass).  See this thread for people offering sponsorship - https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=20130.225
If you're buying passes there, then just buy a day ticket to get in the park, go to the pass office inside the park at any point during the day & they will offset the cost of your day entry against your pass & issue you your pass photocard.
I will be there myself during half term (7th-11th Feb) so happy to sponsor you.  Send me a private message if you've going to be there at these times & would like sponsorship.  Alternatively, if you're buying 5 or more passes at the same time, you get 20% off.  :)

2. You can mix your passes, so if you're looking at Magic Flex for your group, you can consider getting Magic Plus or Infinity for one member of the group if you think you'll & use the benefits that pass offers - free buggy rental, shop/restaurant discounts etc. 

3. It's a dedicated gate you can use to get in to the parks.  If you are early risers & are likely to be wanting to get in for extra magic hours (EMH) it means you can get in with little to no queue.  Of course EMH comes with Plus but not Flex passes.

Many thanks, this has made it a lot clearer for us. We are considering arriving on the 11th Feb (Just checking we can get time off work though before being 100%). If we can confirm this, I certainly will consider PM'ing you as 10% is a good saving.

Thanks again for your response.

LordMuck

Hi all
Ok I am looking at an annual pass for my family of 5 as seems far cheaper than a 5 day ticket.

Where can I find out a list of black out days please?

and is there a catch with the annual passes as it does seem good value compared to a 5 day ticket and even more so as we get 20% extra off being a family of 5

thanks in advance

dencarter

Quote from: LordMuck on January 04, 2018, 05:59:14 PM
Hi all
Ok I am looking at an annual pass for my family of 5 as seems far cheaper than a 5 day ticket.

and is there a catch with the annual passes as it does seem good value compared to a 5 day ticket and even more so as we get 20% extra off being a family of 5

thanks in advance

Here are the blockout dates: http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/annual-passport-blockouts/

And no, there really is no catch, except for with the cheaper annual pass you can't use it for two days after buying it. There are also plenty of benefits such as the shopping and restaurant discounts, parking, etc.

Remember you can also get 10% discount on annual passes if you're sponsored. Let me know if you need sponsorship. There are plenty of folks on this forum, including me, who would be happy to sponsor you.

clarethomer

When you say the cheaper pass and not being able to use for 2 days after... Could you clarify please?

dencarter

Quote from: clarethomer on January 05, 2018, 11:01:11 PM
When you say the cheaper pass and not being able to use for 2 days after... Could you clarify please?

If you buy the cheapest pass (Discovery) you can't use it during the two days following purchase. Eg if you buy it on Day 1 you can use it on Day 1, but you can't use it on Day 2 or 3. It becomes valid again on Day 4 (subject to blockouts, of course). Essentially the Discovery pass is very limited, although the tiers above it all come with a range of benefits that make them worthwhile, depending on your individual circumstances.

clarethomer

Quote from: dencarter on January 06, 2018, 12:21:59 AM

If you buy the cheapest pass (Discovery) you can't use it during the two days following purchase. Eg if you buy it on Day 1 you can use it on Day 1, but you can't use it on Day 2 or 3. It becomes valid again on Day 4 (subject to blockouts, of course). Essentially the Discovery pass is very limited, although the tiers above it all come with a range of benefits that make them worthwhile, depending on your individual circumstances.

Ah so the others, you can get immediate use of. We are going to get the magic flex or higher so that should be good to go by the sounds of it. 

Im just trying to work out whether the additional cost of higher priced passes are worth it though. 

dencarter

Quote from: clarethomer on January 06, 2018, 12:30:34 AM

Ah so the others, you can get immediate use of. We are going to get the magic flex or higher so that should be good to go by the sounds of it. 

Im just trying to work out whether the additional cost of higher priced passes are worth it though.

Yes the other passes can be used straight away.

In my view, the value of each pass will depend on your situation, but one of the most valuable benefits if you plan to drive to DLP is the free parking, saving €20 per day. We eat at the Disney restaurants a lot so we earn our money back easily in the discounts.

clarethomer

Quote from: dencarter on January 06, 2018, 08:46:17 AM
Quote from: clarethomer on January 06, 2018, 12:30:34 AM

Yes the other passes can be used straight away.

In my view, the value of each pass will depend on your situation, but one of the most valuable benefits if you plan to drive to DLP is the free parking, saving €20 per day. We eat at the Disney restaurants a lot so we earn our money back easily in the discounts.

Thanks, I am still considering buying either 4 magic flex passes or 3 magic flex and 1 magic plus or  4 magic plus passes.

When I look at how we normally spend when we are there

- We normally eat in the park only once during the day as it costs €50 usually a time
- We normally buy a photo pass when we go
- I would estimate that we spend €50 in the shops on toys/souvenirs each trip.

We tend to drive there so we either stay at Davy Crockett or in Val de Europe area. The car park pass is useful because even if we stay in Val de Europe it's sometimes better to know you don't have to wait for a bus when you have tired kids.

So based on us spending 12 days in the park over a year, I am trying to work out what my savings will be by going for the magic plus.

We normally eat in cafe hyperion and it costs us around €50 a meal - so if we get 10% discount, we will save €5 a meal. That is €60 over the 12 days and probably.  Im not sure what the savings we would make over 4 holidays for the photo pass but would say we would probably benefit from around €20 from souvenir shopping.

It looks like that it may be possibly worth buying 1 magic plus pass but is very minimal savings. I guess it would only be beneficial for the full family to have magic plus is it allowed us to do an additional break perhaps at a time when the flex is on black out.

Got a few weeks to consider and work this all out I guess.

Many thanks for your response.

LordMuck

Quote from: dencarter on January 04, 2018, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: LordMuck on January 04, 2018, 05:59:14 PM
Hi all

thanks in advance

Here are the blockout dates: http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/annual-passport-blockouts/

And no, there really is no catch, except for with the cheaper annual pass you can't use it for two days after buying it. There are also plenty of benefits such as the shopping and restaurant discounts, parking, etc.

Remember you can also get 10% discount on annual passes if you're sponsored. Let me know if you need sponsorship. There are plenty of folks on this forum, including me, who would be happy to sponsor you.

Thanks for that........ can you clarify please, if sponsored we get 10% off. is that as well as 20% off for buying 5 passes? so 30%?

Slimy yet satisfying

As far as remember you get 20% off first so that's one free pass then 10% off the remaining total. They don't combine to give you 30%. E.g if it was €100 then they discount 20% first leaving €80 to pay. They then discount the 10% of €80 which is €8 so in total you would pay €72 not €70. It is still a really good deal.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

LordMuck

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on January 10, 2018, 09:48:36 AM
As far as remember you get 20% off first so that's one free pass then 10% off the remaining total. They don't combine to give you 30%. E.g if it was €100 then they discount 20% first leaving €80 to pay. They then discount the 10% of €80 which is €8 so in total you would pay €72 not €70. It is still a really good deal.

Thanks for that! I have now seen your other post.

Its actually good of Disney to enable use of a discount on a discount ha.

If anyone is there on the 12th (we arrive afternoon) and would like to sponsor us then that would be great.
We are staying at the village and probably wont enter the park until the 13th to be fair.

karen333

im now more confused than i was earlier,  ive had a message off disney saying that i can order an annual pass it will arrive within a month and i can then use this for 3 other annual passes to sponsor them to get 10% off as long as we have the 1 pass for at least a month and ive just read on here , ordering direct doesnt help and you still need to collect the pass once there and i would need to get someone else to sponsor to get the discount,  can someone please verify which is true , im bit shocked if disney has made a mistake , i have written proof via twitter ,  ive tried to ring but was on hold to france 15 mins so gave up,  any advice appreciated thx

amywayne2701

I don't know about the sponsoring but from reading the website and speaking to someone who has ordered via post (in the UK) for their first pass they received there pass in the post as you have to send off photos and copies of ID etc... we are going to download the order form and send off for them x

karen333

hi

ive had 2 lots of different confirmation off trip advisor and off disney via twitter again today,  you do receive the annual passes in the post as you include a photo either paying whole amount or setting up a monthly dd ,  and as long as you receive the pass more than a month before you arrive you can sponsor 3 people which gives them 10% off their passes and the sponsor gets 6 mths extended on their pass, so win win all the way,  we are only going to order 1 using the online form and then buy other 3 to get 10% off and the disability you get 10% off and free daily carer entrance fee too,   glad i got this sorted ,  not sure what clarethomer meant saying you had to sort photo pass out there and not worth ordering as you cant use for sponsors as this isnt the information ive been given