Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJDisney

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on October 22, 2017, 11:36:09 AM
Discounts are on standard rooms only.
You can book a room if you already have a pass but you must actually have it in your posession as they need your card number. You cannot add a discount to an existing booking.
You can book for 1 person then add other guests at check in and pay only room tax.
If you have an infinity pass you can use it for meal discounts and shopping for your total bill but the perks like reserved viewing for parades will only be for the passholder...not your mum.

I was offered the discount for Golden Forest!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

clairabell13

Hi guys.

So I have been looking at info for Annual Passes, and have noticed that there is now an option to pay a one off amount, and then pay 11 monthly instalments.  Do you guys have any info on how this works?

I am aware that you can download a form (although the form is in French), and do everything via post. However, can you take the monthly instalment option when buying Annual Passes within the park, and if this is possible, is the Annual Pass valid on the day you buy it from the park and make the initial payment?

Also, if you can do this option at the parks, what sort of information do you need to take with you, as I am sure I have read something about a number from our own bank?

Hope you can help.

Claire  :)
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

irishbhoy1888

Hi, ive decided to ask for help here as its the site that regularly gives replies and is reliable.
I just purchased 5Aps (flex plus) on a recent trip to dlp and am on the monthly payment plan.
Now the reason i bought these APs in the first place was to have the option to get room only rates at dlp at discounts. Upon arriving back we have been planning next summers trip and i Decided to call dlp to get room only rates etc. When i called i was told AP holders cannot book yet and it would be nearly March again rates where available to me.Is this correct info?
If so i find it disgraceful treatment of holders who fund the resort and take time and effort to visit frequently. One off visitor's are better treated than me who actually lost the guts of a whole day on my 3 day visit a few weeks back queueing for the bloody things, which is another matter for a different day. Please tell me the info i was given is incorrect

NCC1701Q

Unfortunately that does seem to be correct. I have also heard from other AP-holder that they have been told to have patience for booking beyond March 20th, 2018.

As for the statement "we fund the resort"; that is not the way DLP sees AP-holders. AP-holders are known to bring the least profit, as they often stay offsite, use their discounts and eat offsite. Full-paying hotelguests (who usually stay for a couple of days which means they do not go offsite to have dinner because they don't want to lose valuable park-time) are the real "money-makers" for DLP.

Please note: the above is DLP's opinion, not mine!  ::)

Bopshop

Hi folks - we will be in the resort over next weekend if anyone needs sponsorship.  :D

NHDisneylover

Quote from: AJDisney on October 24, 2017, 12:25:03 PM

I was offered the discount for Golden Forest!

so were we---staying there Sunday, in fact  :)

NHDisneylover

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on November 12, 2017, 11:43:50 AM
Hi, ive decided to ask for help here as its the site that regularly gives replies and is reliable.
I just purchased 5Aps (flex plus) on a recent trip to dlp and am on the monthly payment plan.
Now the reason i bought these APs in the first place was to have the option to get room only rates at dlp at discounts. Upon arriving back we have been planning next summers trip and i Decided to call dlp to get room only rates etc. When i called i was told AP holders cannot book yet and it would be nearly March again rates where available to me.Is this correct info?
If so i find it disgraceful treatment of holders who fund the resort and take time and effort to visit frequently. One off visitor's are better treated than me who actually lost the guts of a whole day on my 3 day visit a few weeks back queueing for the bloody things, which is another matter for a different day. Please tell me the info i was given is incorrect

Sorry about the frustration; it is hard to not be able to better plan far in advance.  We've had APs for three years now and have always found the above to be true---on the plus side, we've gotten some awfully good rates once it was close enough to be allowed to book.

Slimy yet satisfying

The benefits and discounts to which Annual Pass Holders are entitled may not be combined with any other and are for the personal use of the Annual Pass Holder only (unless otherwise stated). Pass Holders must present their valid Annual Pass in order to receive these benefits and discounts. Prices and benefits for Annual Passes purchased from March 29th to November 2nd 2017 inclusive. 

* Except restriction days 
** Monthly cost due (rounded to the highest Euro) for the purchase of an Annual Pass as a monthly payment (11 monthly instalments) and deducted from the required initial payment of €55. Please find more information on our website regarding monthly payments. 

(1) Free Parking in the Disney Parks Car Park for light vehicles and motorcycles on days of validity of your Annual Pass and during Disneyland ® Park opening hours. A supplement of €10 per day wil be requested for campsites. Access to the car park is strictly personal. 

(2) Access to the visitor Car Park Spaces closest to the Dinsey Parks, in an area reserved for this propose for light vehicles only. Depending on availability 

(3) Excluding certain items. See the list in-store. 

(4) Preferential rates are valid on nights only until 2nd November 2017. Room Prices vary according to the inventory available at the time of booking – contact us to obtain a quotation for your proposed stay. The prices of €129 and €107 (rounded to the highest Euro) do not include the tourist tax (€0.99 per person aged over 18 per night, which will be added to the total price of your stay at the time of booking) as well as breakfast. They are valid for one night at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe® per standard room in low season. Advantage applicable on request for new reservations within the limit of 2 Rooms/Bungalows per booking (not applicable on Premium Plus Bungalows, Family Rooms at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe® and Disney's Newport Bay Club, Golden Forest Suites, Compass Club Suites, Empire Club Rooms & Suites, as well as Castle Club Rooms & Suites). 
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

giaggel

Hello everyone!
We are visiting next month and I was wondering if we, now, purchase an annual passport (flex plus) can we use it to get a discount for our already paid vacations?

NCC1701Q

No, usually discounts are only valid with definitive passports on new bookings.
You could try to cancel the current booking and make a new one?

rocker

I have an old Dream pass & am hoping to sponsor someone in February.  I understand if I sponsor 3 people it is now a 6 month, rather than year long extension, but as Dream passes are no longer exist, does anyone know what kind of pass extension I will get?

dencarter

Quote from: rocker on December 29, 2017, 09:44:47 PM
I have an old Dream pass & am hoping to sponsor someone in February.  I understand if I sponsor 3 people it is now a 6 month, rather than year long extension, but as Dream passes are no longer exist, does anyone know what kind of pass extension I will get?

You get a 6 month Magic Plus pass.
The main differences from Dream are the five blackout days between Christmas and New Year, and slightly less discount in the restaurants and shops. An added benefit is the 'exclusive' entrance to both parks, which is moderately helpful on really busy days.

clarethomer

Hi

We are considering buying annual passes for the family and as this thread goes back over 10 years, I am struggling to find the information to help me understand how to best do this.

We are looking at going 3-4 times this year with a view of spending a minimum of 3 days in the park with each visit.

The first visit is being planned for Feb half term and we are considering going a further 2-3 times later in the year. I have checked the black out dates and the magic flex ticket seems to accommodate all the dates we are considering.

The questions we have are;

1 - Are we best to purchase the annual passes ahead of our visit or can this be done on arrival?

2 - Do all members of the family have to have the same pass type?

3 - What is the reserved entrance (not on magic flex but may consider if worthwhile)

4 - Are there any 'tricks/methods/deals for obtaining these passes for less than what they are being priced at on the official website?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

rocker

Quote from: clarethomer on January 02, 2018, 10:45:06 PM

1 - Are we best to purchase the annual passes ahead of our visit or can this be done on arrival?

2 - Do all members of the family have to have the same pass type?

3 - What is the reserved entrance (not on magic flex but may consider if worthwhile)

4 - Are there any 'tricks/methods/deals for obtaining these passes for less than what they are being priced at on the official website?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

1/4. Some people do buy passes in advance from 3rd party providers, which can be cheaper.  There is no benefit to buying a pass direct from Disney in advance as you'll still need to go to the pass office to have your photocards issued to you.  If you're going to buy from Disney then you can get an existing passholder to sponsor you.  This means you get 10% off the pass price (once they've sponsored 3 people, they get a 6 month extension to their pass).  See this thread for people offering sponsorship - https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=20130.225
If you're buying passes there, then just buy a day ticket to get in the park, go to the pass office inside the park at any point during the day & they will offset the cost of your day entry against your pass & issue you your pass photocard.
I will be there myself during half term (7th-11th Feb) so happy to sponsor you.  Send me a private message if you've going to be there at these times & would like sponsorship.  Alternatively, if you're buying 5 or more passes at the same time, you get 20% off.  :)

2. You can mix your passes, so if you're looking at Magic Flex for your group, you can consider getting Magic Plus or Infinity for one member of the group if you think you'll & use the benefits that pass offers - free buggy rental, shop/restaurant discounts etc. 

3. It's a dedicated gate you can use to get in to the parks.  If you are early risers & are likely to be wanting to get in for extra magic hours (EMH) it means you can get in with little to no queue.  Of course EMH comes with Plus but not Flex passes.