Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

For the Discovery pass the weekends are blacked out. For the other passes there are no blackout days.

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/annual-passports/

Jules Verne

Hi i have a few questions about the magic flex pass ?

- I read that you get a 40% discount on hotels, if their a limit to this discount as i looking to stay in the sequoia lodge golden forest room and i'm wondering if this discount applies to this type of room ?

- it says that i dont get extra magic hours, if i stay in the hotel will they give me this or do i not get it no matter what ?

- If i buy the annual pass in advance can i get it sent to me before I visit and use it to book the hotel etc with the discount ?

- Lastly is it still worth getting the full board option when booking or is it better value to save the money and pay in cash with the discount that you get with the annual pass ? 

Sorry if these seem like obvious questions i'm really sorry i'm just finding it hard to find specific information

NCC1701Q

Hello Jules,

let me try and answer some of your questions:
- the hotel discount varies and is influenced by desired period, availability and annual-pass-type. So the 40% is not always everywhere. You have to ring to get the discount for the hotel and period you want to book. The discount is not for suites.
- when you're in a Disney-hotel you always get EMH (or EMT as it is now called).
- yes, but that also means the validityperiod starts on the date the pass is produced at the BPA. So the time the post needs to get it to you is "lost".
- This one I dont know as I have never used any kind of foodplans. I'm sure someone else on the forum can answer this one?

Nicola

I am interested if you can get the food plans too. How many times do you think you have to visit the parks to get your vouchers worth back?
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

harpojj

Doe's anyone know if you buy a Discovery Pass does it only start on first day you go to park or when the pass is purchased? I have accommodation booked for Jan 8 -12 2018 but am worried about the 2nd and 3rd day strike out. I've read on here that the old classic pass was started when issued but have been told that now they send a temporary pass that is only validated on 1st real visit and then can not be used the next 2 days.
Thanks In Advanced

claire2281

AFAIK (and there are people who are much more knowledgeable than me about APs) the cheapest pass still has the 2nd and 3rd day blackouts so after the 1st day you use it, you can't use it for the next two.

I strongly suspect this is because a 3 day ticket is actually more expensive than the cheapest AP and this stops people using the AP as an alternative.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: harpojj on September 28, 2017, 08:38:46 PM
Doe's anyone know if you buy a Discovery Pass does it only start on first day you go to park or when the pass is purchased? I have accommodation booked for Jan 8 -12 2018 but am worried about the 2nd and 3rd day strike out. I've read on here that the old classic pass was started when issued but have been told that now they send a temporary pass that is only validated on 1st real visit and then can not be used the next 2 days.
Thanks In Advanced

That is what they told me when I phoned. The pass is validated when first used; the renewal date is one year after it is first used. My plan was to order them around May so the blackout days would be past when we visit in June, but the nice lady on the phone said that wouldn't work. Im guessing its an obvious loophole they've closed.

rainbowskate

I live in France and I am looking at buying 2 infinity passes for my son and I. Our next trip will be 5-6 December. I would like to purchase the passes as close to our trip as possible to maximize the year. Do annual passes tend to increase in price each year? I noticed this year's prices are valid until Nov. 2 - is it risky to wait to buy the passes after Nov. 3 ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

Mcflurrys2015

Hi All

I'm looking to renew last years dreams annual pass via post this month,  does anyone know if i've sponsored three people to qualify for a free pass which pass will I get ? and is it the same renewal form ?

thanks

Jules
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019

NCC1701Q

If your stamps were collected on of before the 29th of March this year, you will get another Dream annual pass. Otherwise it will be a Magic Plus.
The renewal form is the same, yes. Just cross out everything that has to do with payment and include a photocopy of your current annual pass.

Mcflurrys2015

yep they were collected before then, thanks so much for your reply that's really helpful,
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019

AJDisney

Can we get a discount on suites also? Trying to book for January! Just wanted to make sure before I call up :P
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

NCC1701Q

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Do you get discount on Castle Club?

I really want an AP but I'm not 100% sure how they work  ;D. So if i buy an Infinity pass and I go for a few days with my mum (who doesn't have an AP) how will it work? I'd be wanting to stay in one of the Disney Hotels.
!Magic Everywhere

Slimy yet satisfying

Discounts are on standard rooms only.
You can book a room if you already have a pass but you must actually have it in your posession as they need your card number. You cannot add a discount to an existing booking.
You can book for 1 person then add other guests at check in and pay only room tax.
If you have an infinity pass you can use it for meal discounts and shopping for your total bill but the perks like reserved viewing for parades will only be for the passholder...not your mum.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.