Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmoandzoey

Quote from: chrisvalentine on August 23, 2017, 02:48:50 AM
Hi guys I'm looking for a sponsor for my ap infinity for when I go on my Nxt trip on 18th-21st September if any one can Help me out plz message me , cheers guys.

I can sponsor you and two more (3 in total), but I don't get there until the 19th. If you want to get a day ticket for the 18th and upgrade the next day, we can meet up for sponsorship.

dibby5

Does anyone know how long you have to renew your passport after it's expired.  DW and I are visiting next month a day or two after our passes have expired.  I have already sent off to renew mine as I sponsored three people earlier in the year and will be getting 6 months free.  Originally DW wasn't sure if she wanted to get a new AP or if we should just use the friends ticket option for this trip.  However, with the 4 months free option we think that it is probably worth renewing, so just want to be sure that we will be able to do this if we try to a couple of days after the previous pass expiration.
In the event that we can do this, does anyone know the process,obviously if the pass has expired we won't have any valid park admission in order to get to the Annual Pass office.

TIA

David

NCC1701Q

If your pass is expired, the process is the same as buying a new one.
So you just buy an online ticket or one at the entrance, then go to the BPA and buy an AP.
Only if you renew BEFORE the AP expires, the 4month-offer is valid.

dibby5

Quote from: NCC1701Q on August 30, 2017, 01:15:39 PM
If your pass is expired, the process is the same as buying a new one.
So you just buy an online ticket or one at the entrance, then go to the BPA and buy an AP.
Only if you renew BEFORE the AP expires, the 4month-offer is valid.
Thanks for the info.  That's a shame because I'm sure there used to be a one month period in which you could still "renew" your pass after it had expired, the new pass would simply have a start date of when your previous one had expired.

Thanks again

David

Pete's Dragon

Phoned Disney and asked about getting the €139 passport delivered a couple of weeks early. They said that wouldn't get around the restriction of not being able to use it on the 2nd and 3rd day, as its only activated when first used.

On the brighter side, we should qualify for the 20% family deal as our brother-in-law lives with us (even though his surname is different they said it wouldn't matter if we bring proof of address).

The plan now is to get 4 €189 and 1 €249 pass so we can get the 10% discount in the restaurants.

dibby5

Quote from: dibby5 on August 22, 2017, 02:38:26 PM
Does anyone have any experience of renewing their annual passport by post recently?
I have never received any communication from DLP with regards to my annual passport (DW receives emails in French), my passport is due for renewal one calendar month from today, however, I am not returning to DLP until that exact date and even then not until very late in the evening, after the park is scheduled to close.  I currently have a Dream Passport and sponsored three people earlier in the year meaning that I am entitled to a free six month Magic Plus Passport.
All of these factors when combined mean that I am a little lost as to what the correct procedure might be
TIA
David

Just a quick update, thanks to following the advice given by NCC1701Q, I got my new pass back within 8 days of sending my renewal form off from the UK.
To my surprise my new passport is a Dream Pass valid for one year!
Not sure if anyone else will get the same experience, but felt I should share.

David

paul2

Does anyone have experience of recently buying an annual passport using shareholders discount?

Tineke

I'm wanting to buy annual passes for my daughter and I on our next visit. Now I've read that they need proof that the minor is your child. Since I'm the mother, she doesn't have my surname. What should I bring to buy her Annual Pass?

Savorn

Quote from: paul2 on September 14, 2017, 06:58:18 PM
Does anyone have experience of recently buying an annual passport using shareholders discount?

No, but it shouldn't be a problem. The Shareholders Club has confirmed that all cards including benefits will be valid for the next 10 years. So that should include the discount.
1993 - Sequoia Lodge • 2011 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Santa Fe • 2012 - Halloween Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2013 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2014 - HiPark Serris • 2015 - HiPark Serris • 2016 Vienna Dream Castle & Davy Crocket Ranch & Hotel New York & B&B Hotel • 12-04-2017 25th Anniversary • 2017 Newport Bay Club for RunDisney (5 and 10K) & Cheyenne

NCC1701Q

Great news, super quick service from the BPA and great to get a Dream for another year!

Quote from: dibby5 on September 04, 2017, 10:42:55 AM
Quote from: dibby5 on August 22, 2017, 02:38:26 PM
Does anyone have any experience of renewing their annual passport by post recently?
I have never received any communication from DLP with regards to my annual passport (DW receives emails in French), my passport is due for renewal one calendar month from today, however, I am not returning to DLP until that exact date and even then not until very late in the evening, after the park is scheduled to close.  I currently have a Dream Passport and sponsored three people earlier in the year meaning that I am entitled to a free six month Magic Plus Passport.
All of these factors when combined mean that I am a little lost as to what the correct procedure might be
TIA
David

Just a quick update, thanks to following the advice given by NCC1701Q, I got my new pass back within 8 days of sending my renewal form off from the UK.
To my surprise my new passport is a Dream Pass valid for one year!
Not sure if anyone else will get the same experience, but felt I should share.

David

loladelorean

Hello - looking for advice on the new Discovery passes. We have booked flights and hotels for January with the intention of buying new APs. We've had Dream passes in the past but they've been expired for a while.
I'm a bit disappointed by the new 189€ pass - the discounts and perks aren't worth an extra 50€ in my opinion.
But I'm struggling to figure out whether the 139€ Discovery pass has similar restrictions to the cheap passes of the past, where you can't use it the day you buy it or something.  Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: loladelorean on September 17, 2017, 10:36:58 AM
Hello - looking for advice on the new Discovery passes. We have booked flights and hotels for January with the intention of buying new APs. We've had Dream passes in the past but they've been expired for a while.
I'm a bit disappointed by the new 189€ pass - the discounts and perks aren't worth an extra 50€ in my opinion.
But I'm struggling to figure out whether the 139€ Discovery pass has similar restrictions to the cheap passes of the past, where you can't use it the day you buy it or something.  Can anyone advise? Thanks.

still has the 2nd and 3rd day blackout

loladelorean

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on September 17, 2017, 01:28:39 PM
Quote from: loladelorean on September 17, 2017, 10:36:58 AM

still has the 2nd and 3rd day blackout

Thanks Pete's Dragon. Knowing this, we have decided not to get APs after all - we cancelled our room only bookings and opted for the Golden Forrest via Disney as well with park tickets included.
Probably saves my wallet from the other trip I would have justified to myself during the year....
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

paul2

Quote from: Savorn on September 15, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: paul2 on September 14, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

No, but it shouldn't be a problem. The Shareholders Club has confirmed that all cards including benefits will be valid for the next 10 years. So that should include the discount.

Thanks!

Is that only available on-site (so having to buy a one-day ticket and go into the passport office) or can it be done by phone?

stevemc

Hi all,

Our family went to DLP in August. We'd bought the Annual Classic Passports back in early March before they were replaced and then had six months to activate them.

We activated them in early August and they are valid up until august 2018. All fine this far.

My problem now is that I've boked a week away next June in a local campsite but cant find anywhere that shows me the blackout days for June 2018. Any ideas where I'd get access to this information?