Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Has anybody tried to get a Disney hotel discount on these new AP tickets? If so which ones give a hotel discount and which don't. Disney ain't making it easy on themselves selling these.
Any help also on where best to find these details as im struggling at the minute.

NCC1701Q

You can view the proposed discount here: http://dlptips.com/planning-tips/annual-passes/
So it's either 40% with Magic Flex and Plus, and 50% with Infinity.

But lately there have been people who called the hotels and got different percentages (most of the time being less than the proposed percentage) - so the only way to make sure is to call the reservation line and ask for the specific date you want to go.

Note: also check out room-only prices at expedia.com, they have very good last-minute-prices!

AJDisney

I called yesterday to book a visit in October. Was offered 40% off all hotels - only hotel I didn't ask about was Crockett's Ranch.

Have to say, even with the 40% discount the prices aren't great -- it's cheaper for me to book via Expedia for flights and hotel at New Port Bay than it is for me to book Sante Fe through Disney with the 40% discount!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

irishbhoy1888

What sort of prices are you getting in October with the 40% discount? And how many nights is it for.

Quote from: AJDisney on June 16, 2017, 04:57:54 PM
I called yesterday to book a visit in October. Was offered 40% off all hotels - only hotel I didn't ask about was Crockett's Ranch.

Have to say, even with the 40% discount the prices aren't great -- it's cheaper for me to book via Expedia for flights and hotel at New Port Bay than it is for me to book Sante Fe through Disney with the 40% discount!

AJDisney

I was offered from 16-19th October. Breakfast is not included with any of the rooms booked through Disney:

Disneyland Hotel - £1263.24
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast:1390

New Port Bay & New York - £605.83
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast - £720

Cheyenne & Santa Fe - £493.39
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast - £494

When I checked yesterday the New Port Bay hotel on Expedia was only £483 for 2 people including flights. This has increased a lot since then...
December 2018 - Santa Fe
April 2019 - Off-site

irishbhoy1888

Does Disney only give discounts on the disneyland hotel?
Quote from: AJDisney on June 17, 2017, 09:37:39 AM
I was offered from 16-19th October. Breakfast is not included with any of the rooms booked through Disney:

Disneyland Hotel - £1263.24
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast:1390

New Port Bay & New York - £605.83
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast - £720

Cheyenne & Santa Fe - £493.39
Expedia for 2 people including flights and breakfast - £494

When I checked yesterday the New Port Bay hotel on Expedia was only £483 for 2 people including flights. This has increased a lot since then...

Zee79

Not normally, it's usually off all onsite hotels. When we rang we were told that my AP couldn't be used (dream pass) this was before the new passes as I bought it in July and was trying to book in October. We saved over £1000 booking with the Walt Disney company.

AJDisney

sorry, those prices are all with a 40% discount.
December 2018 - Santa Fe
April 2019 - Off-site

MagicKiller

My wife and I have Magic Plus passes. We're going with a friend in August and we're going to buy him a 39 euro ticket. Would he benefit from Extra Magic Hours alongside us, or would he only get access to the park after 10am?

NCC1701Q

Bring-a-Friend-tickets are not valid during the EMH.

MagicKiller

Great thanks for clearing that up - extra 2 hours in bed it is!

NCC1701Q

ulak2

Hello, when I bought the Annual Pass on Supertrips, can I validate the validity of the ticket before going to DLP? Or do I have to believe them? Thank you!

AJDisney

Not sure - I ordered through SuperTrips, though, and found the process really smooth. I do think their communication could have been slightly better, though. When you get the pass you have to reply to one of their emails and they 'validate' the pass but after I replied, I never heard anything from them so I arrived at DLP not knowing entirely whether or not the pass would work.

It did, though, and I had no issues at all.
December 2018 - Santa Fe
April 2019 - Off-site

ulak2

Quote from: AJDisney on June 27, 2017, 02:13:37 PM
Not sure - I ordered through SuperTrips, though, and found the process really smooth. I do think their communication could have been slightly better, though. When you get the pass you have to reply to one of their emails and they 'validate' the pass but after I replied, I never heard anything from them so I arrived at DLP not knowing entirely whether or not the pass would work.

It did, though, and I had no issues at all.

Thank you very much for answer! I confirm receipt and hope everything alright.