Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkeating

Hello.

Long time reader but first time poster...

The deciding factor for me between getting a Fantasy or Dream pass is in the difference in discounts received on the hotel rooms.

Officially I see the difference in discount is 25% vs 35% however from reading this topic and other the discounts given seem to be much more erratic than this.

I was wondering if the Dream annual pass does receive better discounts than the Fantasy or it is better to just save the money on the cheaper Fantasy pass?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.  :)

Zee79

I've just booked my next trip to DLP & when I rang them I was told I could not use my Dream pass as they have no prices available yet, I have to try earliest Match or preferably in the summer! (I wanted to go at Christmas next year) so I got no AP discount. This was strange because last time i booked for a similar trip at the same time I was able to use it & got 35% off with my Dream pass. My AP was a waste of money this time in my opnion, we saved nearly £1000 for 6 people using another company. If I was you I'd probably go with the fantasy pass as it's cheaper. I think it does often depend on the employee you get.

dencarter

Can I sponsor more than three people in a period? I know three is the number I need to get the free year, but is that also a limit?

NCC1701Q

You cannot sponsor more than three persons in the validity-period of the form. Once the form is full, you cannot sponsor anymore at all.

irishbhoy1888

Are the AP application forms that they send out still only available in french?  I just cannot understand why Disney dont isuue them in English.

dencarter

Guys, I'd like to buy the annual pass holder 12 month PhotoPass. Can I buy this at the annual passport bureau? I have some sponsors with me on my next trip and hoping to do all that business in one go!

dencarter

Thanks @NCC1701Q, but that map indicates that you can buy PhotoPass at the bureau... or am I reading it wrong?

A&S&O

Quote from: dencarter on November 30, 2016, 06:38:21 PM
Thanks @NCC1701Q, but that map indicates that you can buy PhotoPass at the bureau... or am I reading it wrong?

I think the Photopass symbol is pointing to the photo point at the exit to Buzz Lightyear (that's where we bought ours). You can buy the photopasses at the end of the rides that have on ride photos.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dencarter

Zesty

Can disabled people be sponsored too? So get the disabled discount and the sponsor discount

NCC1701Q

Usually not. It is also not possible to combine family discount (20%) with the sponsorship-discount (10%).

stifle

Quote from: dencarter on November 13, 2016, 10:30:46 PM
Can I sponsor more than three people in a period? I know three is the number I need to get the free year, but is that also a limit?
Officially no, but some castmembers will allow it.

Ceh

I'm very interested to buy a annual pass (fantasy I think), as I only live 1,5hours from Disney by train. Two questions though:
-no fastpass with a annual pass? Is this not a huge disadvantage?
-my family (3+ me) won't buy an annual pass as I would be able to go more due to work. But if we want to go together, what do? We buy a hotel package for three and I sneak in, or do we buy a package for 4 and can I get a discounted price? There must be a ruling for this, but I can't seem to find it, sorry!

Many thanks!

nathalie

No fastpass with an annual pass?  Who told you that?  You can get a fastpass just the same with your annual pass as if you would have a regular park ticket ;)