Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHDisneylover

Quote from: norhel on September 18, 2016, 04:05:19 PM
I'm sure I saw it some place around here, but I cant fint it again.
Has anyone with an annual pass used their annual pass discount for a stay at a Disney hotel?
I'm seeing that with an annual pass you get 25 % off the room price at DLP.
I saw someone saying that it's still cheaper to stay at for example B&B hotel or Kyriad than use the annual pass discount for a DLP hotel.

We have Dream annual passes.  Sometimes we stay onsite, someitmes at Marriot Vacation Club (not cheap, but lovely) or rent a house.  We've never priced Kyriad so I have no idea what it runs to know how it compares.  Anyway, here are rates we have paid with our AP discount this year:

We stayed Easter week with two adults and a teen in one room at Santa Fe for 75€ per night, breakfast included.

We stayed a long (holiday)  weekend in June with 2 adults and 2 teens in a premium cabin at Davey Crockett for 110€ per night no breakfast.

We will stay this coming Thurday to Monday at Sequoia with two adults and a teen in one room for 163€ per night with breakfast (that is the average--we had to do two serperate 2 night bookings to get a better rate this time)

norhel

Quote from: NHDisneylover on September 23, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: norhel on September 18, 2016, 04:05:19 PM
I'm sure I saw it some place around here, but I cant fint it again.
Has anyone with an annual pass used their annual pass discount for a stay at a Disney hotel?
I'm seeing that with an annual pass you get 25 % off the room price at DLP.
I saw someone saying that it's still cheaper to stay at for example B&B hotel or Kyriad than use the annual pass discount for a DLP hotel.

We have Dream annual passes.  Sometimes we stay onsite, someitmes at Marriot Vacation Club (not cheap, but lovely) or rent a house.  We've never priced Kyriad so I have no idea what it runs to know how it compares.  Anyway, here are rates we have paid with our AP discount this year:

We stayed Easter week with two adults and a teen in one room at Santa Fe for 75€ per night, breakfast included.

We stayed a long (holiday)  weekend in June with 2 adults and 2 teens in a premium cabin at Davey Crockett for 110€ per night no breakfast.

We will stay this coming Thurday to Monday at Sequoia with two adults and a teen in one room for 163€ per night with breakfast (that is the average--we had to do two serperate 2 night bookings to get a better rate this time)

Thanks for the reply.
Dosen't sound like to bad prices.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

msRavenswood

For those who have bought their APs online, do you receive any kind of confirmation when they are mailed? Or when you log in using your reservation number and key does the status change from "Confirmée" to "envoyé"?

Spectrobelle

Hello there.  I'm in need of some advice!  Hubby and I are Fantasy pass holders, and are unexpectedly able to go over Halloween this year, which is a blackout time.  Can we upgrade our passes to Dream passes to allow entry?  Can we do it in advance so we can purchase Halloween party tickets at the 30% discount?  We will be arriving on a blackout day, so can we pay the difference at the ticket booth?  And lastly, would we still get free parking with the Fantasy pass on a blackout day when we arrive?  TIA  :)

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: Spectrobelle on October 11, 2016, 07:52:39 PM
Hello there.  I'm in need of some advice!  Hubby and I are Fantasy pass holders, and are unexpectedly able to go over Halloween this year, which is a blackout time.  Can we upgrade our passes to Dream passes to allow entry?  Can we do it in advance so we can purchase Halloween party tickets at the 30% discount?  We will be arriving on a blackout day, so can we pay the difference at the ticket booth?  And lastly, would we still get free parking with the Fantasy pass on a blackout day when we arrive?  TIA  :)

Hi
You can renew your APs as Dream ones once your Fantasy APs are due to expire but you can't swap them mid-term.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

dencarter

I have a question about the 20% Dream discount at Buffalo Bill's.

Is the discount off the web price (£47.70 on the UK site) or the full walk-up price of €61.90? Can you pre-book online?
Thanks!

NCC1701Q

You can upgrade your AP's, but you pay the difference for the whole year. So if you paid €179 for your Fantasy-pass you pay another € 44 to upgrade, no matter how long your Fantasy-pass will last. The new Dreampass will end on the same date as your current Fantasy-pass.
The parking is not free on a blockday, as you do not have access to the park on a blockday.

Quote from: Spectrobelle on October 11, 2016, 07:52:39 PM

Mcflurrys2015

Hi all does anyone know anything about the rumoured price increase for AP this week, we go on Friday and was hoping to buy our passes that day but the price increase is rumoured for this Thursday and its increase is huge , i really don't know what to do buy before or on Friday
thanks a lot

Jules
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019

zoonerdog

can i buy a classic AP online or over phone and use when i get there without the two day wait?

msRavenswood

Quote from: zoonerdog on October 28, 2016, 07:03:21 PM
can i buy a classic AP online or over phone and use when i get there without the two day wait?

Yes, you can, because it will start being valid before your arrival. By the way, you can purchase APs either online or by post.

Thaliel

Quote from: Mcflurrys2015 on October 27, 2016, 09:12:39 PM
Hi all does anyone know anything about the rumoured price increase for AP this week, we go on Friday and was hoping to buy our passes that day but the price increase is rumoured for this Thursday and its increase is huge , i really don't know what to do buy before or on Friday
thanks a lot

Jules

it was rumored to increase early november, but someone on another forumspoke to a cm who claimed there will be no increase until at least end of march 2017
<-Plz click

Polly15

Quote from: msRavenswood on October 28, 2016, 09:06:42 PM

Yes, you can, because it will start being valid before your arrival. By the way, you can purchase APs either online or by post.

I rang DLP with this question a few weeks ago and the lady on the phone told me I couldn't - that I could use it the first day we arrived but it wouldn't be valid for 2 days after the first day's use??

msRavenswood

Quote from: Polly15 on November 01, 2016, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: msRavenswood on October 28, 2016, 09:06:42 PM

I rang DLP with this question a few weeks ago and the lady on the phone told me I couldn't - that I could use it the first day we arrived but it wouldn't be valid for 2 days after the first day's use??

If you buy it online or oder it by post then the 2 days rule doesn't apply because it is issued prior to your arrival.