Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EYEONME

Hi,

I'm new to site so go easy on me, I have just returned from a great trip last week and looking into buying a Dream AP.

What I need help with is I have read that I buy myself one, then get the discount on the DLP hotel (35%?) only book my wife and 2 kids and add myself on check in? As I don't need park tickets. The saving made on the hotel would have paid for the AP. BUT I would have booked a meal plan, how would I get added to that?

Any help would be grateful.

A&S&O

Quote from: EYEONME on September 13, 2016, 08:14:22 PM
Hi,

I'm new to site so go easy on me, I have just returned from a great trip last week and looking into buying a Dream AP.

What I need help with is I have read that I buy myself one, then get the discount on the DLP hotel (35%?) only book my wife and 2 kids and add myself on check in? As I don't need park tickets. The saving made on the hotel would have paid for the AP. BUT I would have booked a meal plan, how would I get added to that?

Any help would be grateful.

Not sure if you can do that. I think to get the hotel discount, you'd need to book yourself in - so you yourself wouldn't be able to stay for free (actually you pay tourist tax of about 1 Euro per night).

What people tend to do is book the non AP holders in and pay full rate, then add the AP holder(s) at check in. So, not such a great saving as you were hoping for.
Also, I'm not sure you can add a meal plan for an AP holder that is added at check in.

Anyone, please feel free to correct any of the above!

Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

andlorna

After purchasing DLP dream passes online via the pay 11 instalments we are still having major problems with setting up a sepa debit mandate. The first payment should have gone out last month.
Our bank seem clueless. Has anybody else bought passes online and have opted to pay by direct debit I would love to hear if you had the same problems
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

EYEONME

Quote from: andlorna on September 14, 2016, 04:16:04 PM
After purchasing DLP dream passes online via the pay 11 instalments we are still having major problems with setting up a sepa debit mandate. The first payment should have gone out last month.
Our bank seem clueless. Has anybody else bought passes online and have opted to pay by direct debit I would love to hear if you had the same problems
Can you post the link of where to buy them online? Thanks.

msRavenswood

Quote from: EYEONME on September 15, 2016, 11:23:10 AM
Quote from: andlorna on September 14, 2016, 04:16:04 PM
Can you post the link of where to buy them online? Thanks.

https://www.booktickets.disneylandparis.com/tnsa64/live/shop/1/MAINFRCD/pluto/index.php?&selected_tab_key=2&CNSACTION=DO_CHANGE_TAB&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

Jude33

Quote from: Wease on September 08, 2016, 09:56:46 PM
I've just gone through the French website to order our Dream AP's and every time I get to the end it fails and e-mails me this:

QuoteDear Client,

We inform you that your reservation request passed on 08.09.2016 could not be registered.

We therefore unable to finalize your reservation request because of a technical problem and propose to renew it now by clicking on the following link:

We remain at your disposal if you need further information

The Disneyland Paris booking service.

Has anyone else every come across this? I've no idea why it's failing and as I'm using google to translate the page I'm not sure if I'm missing something?
Thanks!

Hi Wease,
Wondering if you managed to sort out what this problem was? I have just attempted to buy on the pay monthly option and received the exact same message. The cancellation email I also received refers to a 'technical problem'? I have had an annual pass in the past which expired 2 years ago - could this be the reason it's not letting me buy I wonder?
Thanks

Samninetysix

We're now having the same problems as andlorna. We've done the paperwork, sent it off, got (and used) our AP Dreams and now have the same email. We have until Tuesday to get the issue corrected before they suspend our AP's

nathalie

I don't get it.

You give your bank the account number on which you need to pay monthly, and you bank does the rest, no?  Your bank then grants a monthly payement.

andlorna

Quote from: Jude33 on September 17, 2016, 01:08:05 AM
Quote from: Wease on September 08, 2016, 09:56:46 PM
I've just gone through the French website to order our Dream AP's and every time I get to the end it fails and e-mails me this:

QuoteDear Client,

We inform you that your reservation request passed on 08.09.2016 could not be registered.

We therefore unable to finalize your reservation request because of a technical problem and propose to renew it now by clicking on the following link:

We remain at your disposal if you need further information

The Disneyland Paris booking service.

Has anyone else every come across this? I've no idea why it's failing and as I'm using google to translate the page I'm not sure if I'm missing something?
Thanks!

Hi Wease,
Wondering if you managed to sort out what this problem was? I have just attempted to buy on the pay monthly option and received the exact same message. The cancellation email I also received refers to a 'technical problem'? I have had an annual pass in the past which expired 2 years ago - could this be the reason it's not letting me buy I wonder?
Thanks

Hi, no we bought annual passes 2 years ago by going to the park and paying for them there. The problem seems to be when English people buy the tickets using the 11 mnth instalment plan your bank has to be aware that a SEPA DEBIT MANDATE needs to be set us. This seems to be a problem with our bank as they are not aware of a SEPA. It is not like a normal direct debit that you would set up in this country why hence I think a few of us are having problems. Maybe they have decided not to allow other countries to purchase this passes this way until it is sorted out.

This has been a nightmare for us with the problem still not resolved. Payment should have gone out in August and September. You cant even contact the dept as when you do nobody speaks English and they just put the phone down on you. I have been communicating with DLP guest relation also. I just feel like I am getting nowhere,. I have suggested to them that I pay the remaining balance off the passes when we go in December but as yet they haven't gotten back to me with the answer.

The only way around this problem is to pay each mnth via a money transfer but if like my bank they charge between £20-£25 each transfer which I'm not prepared to do. If I was you I wouldn't even both buying passes this way. We thought it would be easier as we could spread the cost throughout the year.......little did we know how much stress this would be causing us doing it this way.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

andlorna

Quote from: nathalie on September 17, 2016, 12:22:19 PM
I don't get it.

You give your bank the account number on which you need to pay monthly, and you bank does the rest, no?  Your bank then grants a monthly payement.

You would think it would be that easy. When you do the application online you have to fill out a SEPA DEBIT MANDATE. this should be like a direct debit form in our country. You then post it to the company that deals with the finance side of the passes(not Disney) who then sends it to your bank with the instruction to set this up. On this form your put all your details plus your banks IBAN code. It should be that simple.

However as yet banks in this country don't accept SEPA DEBIT MANDATES from overseas this is where the problem is. My bank no nothing about a sepa being set up against my account. They are saying they have had no notification. Yet we have had two emails off the annual pass dept saying that they encountered a problem when attempting to take this months payment due to the following reason: The debit operation was not authorised.

This has been going on since the middle of August. They have however said that they wont suspend our passes until the problem is resolved.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

nathalie

To be honest, I've never heard of the SEPA thing.
Could it be because it's going from  £ to € they are giving you a hard time?

When I go to my bank, and tell them: here's the number, I need a monthly payment of this amount going off.  They do it, and it's done.  It's how most people here pay their bills actually (pretty sure same in the UK?)

I find it odd you can't get hold of anyone speaking English.
Maybe there's a number here you can call?  click me

norhel

I'm sure I saw it some place around here, but I cant fint it again.
Has anyone with an annual pass used their annual pass discount for a stay at a Disney hotel?
I'm seeing that with an annual pass you get 25 % off the room price at DLP.
I saw someone saying that it's still cheaper to stay at for example B&B hotel or Kyriad than use the annual pass discount for a DLP hotel.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

Do anyone know when DLP release the blockout dates for the annual passes for the whole next year?

Samninetysix

Quote from: norhel on September 18, 2016, 04:05:19 PM
Has anyone with an annual pass used their annual pass discount for a stay at a Disney hotel?
I saw someone saying that it's still cheaper to stay at for example B&B hotel or Kyriad than use the annual pass discount for a DLP hotel.

The discount varies depending on time of year and availability. We've had huge discounts of 50% in February. In fact 3 years ago we were quoted £100+ for a 5 night at DCR but paid £480 with the discount

norhel

Quote from: Samninetysix on September 20, 2016, 11:29:11 PM
Quote from: norhel on September 18, 2016, 04:05:19 PM

The discount varies depending on time of year and availability. We've had huge discounts of 50% in February. In fact 3 years ago we were quoted £100+ for a 5 night at DCR but paid £480 with the discount
That's good to know. Thanks.
Sounds like it's worth checking out if I get the annual pass.