Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Ive just done a mock run of purchasing x5 Dream APs on the french site using google translate .. It all seems very straightforward , the only problem is that my order total is coming to 1,115 Euros which would be correct if i wasn't entitled to 20% off for the family discount deal . That deal is being offered on the french site aswell cause ive checked .I tried in both monthly and pay in one go options and the outcome was the same .
Has anyone else had this problem

Samninetysix

Cant help there. I gave up on trying to find my shareholders discount so I've lost about £60 which at the end of the day isn't such a biggie, I just wish I hadn't already booked tickets for next week :(

irishbhoy1888

I was in to them on twitter and they said once you send in all your documentation then Disney will apply the 20%family discount .

A&S&O

Quote from: Samninetysix on August 24, 2016, 01:49:02 PM
Cant help there. I gave up on trying to find my shareholders discount so I've lost about £60 which at the end of the day isn't such a biggie, I just wish I hadn't already booked tickets for next week :(
We were told at City Hall that the only way to get Shareholders Discount on APs was to do it in person. They said they need to see the card in person.
Seemed strange that they can't match the shareholders number with the person applying for passes.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Samninetysix

Quote from: A&S&O on August 25, 2016, 11:44:06 AM
We were told at City Hall that the only way to get Shareholders Discount on APs was to do it in person. They said they need to see the card in person.
Seemed strange that they can't match the shareholders number with the person applying for passes.

There's not even a section on the application to enter shareholders info or indeed any information that would help a shareholder in how to apply.

TBH we weren't going to re-apply for AP's and most certainly not if/when the new prices are implemented but our jobs have changed and at the moment we work 4 very long shifts from Thursday to Sunday then have Mon-Wed off and lately have been travelling to Le Touquet and having 1 or 2 nights in a hotel, shopping then home but for the sake of an extra 2 hour drive each way, we may as well stay in the B&B hotel at DLP (which is cheaper than Le Touquet) and use the parcs

A&S&O

Quote from: Samninetysix on August 25, 2016, 01:30:45 PM

There's not even a section on the application to enter shareholders info or indeed any information that would help a shareholder in how to apply.

TBH we weren't going to re-apply for AP's and most certainly not if/when the new prices are implemented but our jobs have changed and at the moment we work 4 very long shifts from Thursday to Sunday then have Mon-Wed off and lately have been travelling to Le Touquet and having 1 or 2 nights in a hotel, shopping then home but for the sake of an extra 2 hour drive each way, we may as well stay in the B&B hotel at DLP (which is cheaper than Le Touquet) and use the parcs

Love Le Touquet, and Berck sur Mer!
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Samninetysix

Quote from: A&S&O on August 25, 2016, 01:35:32 PM
Quote from: Samninetysix on August 25, 2016, 01:30:45 PM

Love Le Touquet, and Berck sur Mer!

Lol! - We have made quite a few friends in Le Touquet, the last time we were there, we sat outside Le Globetrotter bar and out came 2 glasses of wine courtesy of Phillipe (a permanently pickled and all round very nice gentleman) :)

Slimy yet satisfying

Woo and again hoo! Our annual passes arrived this morning!

Having been sent several email reminders that our passes were expiring in October we decided to go ahead and renew at this season's prices rather than waiting till December to get our Shareholder discount. We renewed our passes by post downloading the PDFs from the French site and filling them in, downgraded to Fantasy from Dream and still got the 6 months free. We didn't send any original documents just photocopies and new passport photos for the pass (which they also returned). We got an email to say that they had received our application and 2 days later they arrived. Yes everything was in French but for us that was OK and we felt that we were "in the loop" at all times, well done Disney! Start to end 2 weeks.

Now the hard part...trying to fit in as many trips as possible before end April 2018!

Soooo excited!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

rocker

Quote from: giorgio1712 on June 19, 2007, 05:48:20 PM
How do i get an annual pass before i go to the park, as it works out cheaper to buy an annual pass and book without park tickets rather than having the package of hotel and park tickets!??

While what Disnayfanatic said is correct, you can also just buy a day pass & then go to the AP office in the park & they will use the cost of your day entry against the cost of a pass.  You'll need your passports with you to get APs

div129

So I caved and bought a Dream pass! We're going to use this for discount on merchandise, food and to go towards our trip(s) next year. I booked it on the phone to Disney whilst at our travel agent, but I got charged a total of £172 including the £3 for postage of the vouchers. Going by the current euro rate, the ticket alone should've been around £192ish. Has anyone else been charged at a lower price? How long does it normally take for the email to com through to confirm the order? We got the booking reference, but no email yet. (Booked at 5pm).

rocker

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on August 27, 2016, 03:57:04 PM
We renewed our passes by post downloading the PDFs from the French site and filling them in, downgraded to Fantasy from Dream and still got the 6 months free. We didn't send any original documents just photocopies and new passport photos for the pass (which they also returned). We got an email to say that they had received our application and 2 days later they arrived. Yes everything was in French but for us that was OK and we felt that we were "in the loop" at all times, well done Disney! Start to end 2 weeks.

One of my APs expires in October & I'd like to beat the price rise.  My French is more or less non existant so I'd struggle to navigate the French site.  Could you pop us a link to the PDFs so I can do a postal re-newal.
Ta

Slimy yet satisfying

The only thing I would mention is that if you choose to pay in instalments you may well get charged a conversion fee and foreign transaction charge as each payment is taken in Euros by your credit card provider. This could add up to an expensive pass option.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.