Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCC1701Q

christopheM

I have been on the hunt for my Disney passes this year. (we are still going even though my wife is nervous). I was speaking to Supertrips and they offered me £10 off annual FANTASY passes with code FANTASY.    We have always gone for Dream but there are different blackout days this year which mean we can go for pretty much all of August. It seems as if the agents are struggling as UK visitor numbers are down so much.

dencarter

Quote from: christopheM on July 27, 2016, 09:03:23 PM
I have been on the hunt for my Disney passes this year. (we are still going even though my wife is nervous). I was speaking to Supertrips and they offered me £10 off annual FANTASY passes with code FANTASY.    We have always gone for Dream but there are different blackout days this year which mean we can go for pretty much all of August. It seems as if the agents are struggling as UK visitor numbers are down so much.

I wonder if DREAM works as a code for Dream passes? Anyone tried?

myownsecret

I'm planning on buying a dream annual pas on the 9th of august. Does anyone know is there are going to be secret events for dream annual pas holders in the period of 9-12 of august?

polar vixen

really hoping someone can help me out...(my hubby has declared he's not going to dlp and hence no good as a sounding board)
We are booked for a visitsecond week of feb, already all paid for , staying at the santa fe.  I am strongly considering getting annual passes, as fas I understand I would only need 4 for my boys (aged 11,7,5,and 3) as 3 of them are classed as disabled, and would hence be entitled to free carer tickets (which I would have to collect each day that was visit the park?  )
  I'm thinking about getting the middle rate pass so less black-outs.  What I'm trying to work out is whterh they're really worth it for us?   - I'm only definitely planning another trip for april of may next year for 25th celebrations
  I know that if I buy them I should get them now, before the prices go up, but right now hotel only bookings come with 50% off, but I don't think that's normal?
We usually book with the 30% off AND free half board, although again, theres no definite that this will contuinue to be offered.
  Also if we get the passes can we still book meal plans - do we get discount on those? 
AND is it right that I could just book two rooms using my sons annual passes, but just book as if there is only one person in the room, and then add others to the room at booking paying occupancy tax or whatever it is?
AND if we do that do you still get breakfast?
Please advise, I could really do with having some input to help me decide.
Disney wishes

EOck

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on here. I have had a browse through this thread, and also posted on a Facebook group. I am struggling to get my head round how the annual pass works.

Myself, husband, daughter 5, and son 1, are planning to go to DLP 24-27th oct and then 30th May ish for 3 nights.

We would look to stay in Santa Fe and get meal plans.

We would like to do BBWW, ADC, inventions and cafe mickey split between the 2 trips.

How does it work with getting annual passes, using these for discounts on the hotel rooms, how does it work with meal plans?

I suppose my main question is what is the cheapest way to book these 2 trips and practically how do I need to go about it?

Appreciate the help :)

Emma

A&S&O

As you plan to stay onsite for both trips, I'd question whether AP's would be the way to get the best price.

The accommodation offers that Disney have (kids stay free / stay 2 nights get 2 free / free meal plan etc.) are usually better than the discounts available with APs.

Check the prices and offers on Disney's website - don't forget to change your country on the website so that you can see what offers are available to other countries. Can anyone confirm that, if you ring Disney, they will advise what offers they have on for other countries?

Café Mickey is due to close soon, so get that one in first.

Also, APs are rumoured to be restructured towards the end of the year, with prices possibly doubling or trebling.

Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

EOck

Ah ok, thank you. If we stayed off site do you think it would be a lot cheaper? If so how does that work with APs??

I've read a few things about the costs going up also.

Thanks for the help.

Emma

A&S&O

Onsite is generally more expensive, but you do get your park tickets included. Offsite is cheaper - depending on where you stay, but you will need park tickets or annual passes.

Will you have a car, otherwise you will have to factor in getting to/from train/airport to hotel and back to the park? Check out prices of hotels around Serris - Adagio, Hipark, Sejours et Affaires are all apartments. Or, further out B&B, Campanile.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

GAVINSM

Currently got Dream AP for the family, which run out on the 15th August.  Checked with the APB and they have the 18 months for the price of 12 months offer running, so given the recent info that the passes will be increasing quite a lot we are thinking about renewing to get the 18 months.

Does anyone know if you renew and then sponsor three new AP's would the 12 months be added onto the end of the renewed time? Or if I sponsored before I renewed would they also allow me to renew and get the additional 18 months?

Thanks in advance, as I may need to head off to the park this afternoon if I need to renew before sponsor to get the greatest benefit.

fairymom

If you sponsor then renew you get 12 months, not 18. I asked last time.18 months is when you pay for renewal.
I don't know about the 12 months being added on after the 18, you'll have to ask them.

A&S&O

Don't forget, you can't sponsor anyone in the first few weeks of having your pass - is it two weeks or 1 month?
Planning WDW 2019

GAVINSM

had the pass for nearly a year, but i assume you mean, when i renew i need to wait one month before sponsoring again?

NCC1701Q

Yes, when you renew by paying, you cannot sponsor the first month of the new validity period.

GAVINSM

Cheers everybody for their help, much appreciated.