Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathalie

No magic hours unless you stay at a Disney hotel.

The discount counts for the entire bill :)
(I don't know if you can show your AP for every person seperate, I just make them pay me back in cash, so I can pay the complete bill with my AP, haha)

dencarter

Quote from: nathalie on April 25, 2016, 10:45:07 PM
No magic hours unless you stay at a Disney hotel.

Thanks Nathalie... So to clarify, I as an AP holder would get Extra Magic Hours but my friend would not, unless we stayed on property?

Zee79

Yes. You show those on the gate your hotel card which entitles you to EMH. AP holders just need to scan their pass.

For the discount the holder needs to show it. So in shops your friend can get discount if you are present & hand your card over. In restaurants we normally get it off the total bill then get everyone to hand the money over to me.

dencarter

Quote from: Zee79 on April 25, 2016, 11:43:59 PM
Yes. You show those on the gate your hotel card which entitles you to EMH. AP holders just need to scan their pass.

For the discount the holder needs to show it. So in shops your friend can get discount if you are present & hand your card over. In restaurants we normally get it off the total bill then get everyone to hand the money over to me.

Ok, thanks!

dlpowl

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to following this thread and it's incredibly long to check through 137 pages - hope it's okay.

We are a family of 5 and are considering getting AP's next year (this year's visit in sept is already booked) but we want to try and make sure that we will be able to afford to go at least 3 times during that year before we get the AP's.

When it says you get 35% off hotels, is that 35% off what would be the website price (which includes park tickets which we wouldn't need)?  So, for example, we are paying £1100 for 7 days/ 6 nights at Davy Crockett this September (this includes park tickets and free half board meal plan - essential for us) so if we were AP holders, would our holiday have cost £715 (that's £1100 minus 35%) or would it be 35% off an initial lower figure because we wouldn't need park tickets?  Say for example, 7 days/6 nights without park tickets would cost £800 to a non-AP holder (just a random guess on my part) so therefore we would be paying £520 (which is 35% off £800)?   I'm basically trying to get an idea of what we would be paying for Davy Crockett ranch as pass holders compared to what our holiday has cost us for September.  We always visit during term time when the prices are lower anyway but I'm still interested in seeing if it would be worth us getting the AP.

Also, as AP holders, booking a Disney hotel, would we still get the free half board meal plan or half price meal plan offers if they were on?  We hate visiting without a meal plan in place! 

Thanks for everyone's help. xx

dencarter

I have another question. If I buy an AP today (for example), can I sponsor someone tomorrow, or is there a lag time between signing up and being able to act as a sponsor?

stifle

stifle

Quote from: dlpowl on April 30, 2016, 08:27:47 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to following this thread and it's incredibly long to check through 137 pages - hope it's okay.

We are a family of 5 and are considering getting AP's next year (this year's visit in sept is already booked) but we want to try and make sure that we will be able to afford to go at least 3 times during that year before we get the AP's.

When it says you get 35% off hotels, is that 35% off what would be the website price (which includes park tickets which we wouldn't need)?  So, for example, we are paying £1100 for 7 days/ 6 nights at Davy Crockett this September (this includes park tickets and free half board meal plan - essential for us) so if we were AP holders, would our holiday have cost £715 (that's £1100 minus 35%) or would it be 35% off an initial lower figure because we wouldn't need park tickets?  Say for example, 7 days/6 nights without park tickets would cost £800 to a non-AP holder (just a random guess on my part) so therefore we would be paying £520 (which is 35% off £800)?   I'm basically trying to get an idea of what we would be paying for Davy Crockett ranch as pass holders compared to what our holiday has cost us for September.  We always visit during term time when the prices are lower anyway but I'm still interested in seeing if it would be worth us getting the AP.

Also, as AP holders, booking a Disney hotel, would we still get the free half board meal plan or half price meal plan offers if they were on?  We hate visiting without a meal plan in place! 

Thanks for everyone's help. xx
The discount is off the room-only rate which is not published and bears limited resemblance to the online public price, and applies to at least one Disney hotel per arrival date, of Disneyland's choice..

Discounts are not cumulative with any other offer and you would not receive any free half-board etc. that may be available.

carrydee44

Hi

if you lose your dream pass can I get a replacement and how do I go about it.  My dream pass is valid until September 2016 and was thinking of surprising my daughter with a little trip .  Help plz

dee
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

stifle

As explained in the terms and conditions you need to write a letter to the Bureau Passeport Annuel explaining the situation and enclosing a cheque for €25. They will then post you a new passport.

I have read that they will also accept payment by bank transfer but have no idea of the details.

dlpowl

Thank you, Stifle, for your reply.

I'm just curious because I hear so many people saying that the Annual pass saves so much money but I'm just not sure it's going to be the case for us.  We only go during term time, when it's quiet, so we get the lowest price anyway, so unless the hotels are ridiculously cheap for pass holders, I can't see it being a saving for us.  We are looking into the b&b hotel though as that seems pretty good value.

Samanthad

Hey folks!!

I know this Q has been asked a hundred times already but there still seems to be no definitive answer as of yet!

I would like to sponsor 4 people, I know that only 3 will go towards my AP, but will they honour the 4th person and give them the discount (they are in the same group).

I have read a few times people have sponsored over 3 and it has been no problem. I would really like to help them but don't want them disappointed!

Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

stifle

I did 4 in one go in December. The CM had to get her manager to authorize it and said they would allow it in this occasion but not to try to sponsor anyone else again during the validity of my passport.

Samanthad

That's cool, I was hoping that would be the case as I haven't sponsored before so they should allow it, I mean, it is bringing them more business after all and I don't benefit any extra from it! Great news, thanks! :-)
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022