Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samanthad

Quote from: NHDisneylover on April 16, 2016, 11:25:34 PM
I think we paid 1.60€ per adult per night at Santa Fe last month.  Might have been 1.30

Perfect! That's where we are staying! Thanks :-D
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

WOOKIENOOKIE

Hi All

We are an extended family of 7 heading to DLP at the end of May. With the 20% family discount the Dream AP looks a great deal, and this forum is full of useful tips and hints, but does anyone know the following....
Do we just need to come as a family to get the discount or do we all need the same name and home address?
My Sister has a married name now and our parents live at their own home so we don't all have the same name and home address etc.
How do they check this at the AP office? What ID do we need to provide?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

NCC1701Q

Hi Andy,

yes, you all have to live at the same address (or at least five of you). Use bankstatements, Insurance correspondence or such to prove that. Your sister should have her maiden name stated in her passport so that would be easy to prove.

Living at the same home address is one of the requirements - so make sure you have papers to prove that. You can ofcourse email Disneyland Paris beforehand to check whether certain forms or letters are "sufficient" proof. That way you might prevent discussions at the BPA.

Zee79

9 of us bought dream passes one year, my mam, dad, brother, sister in law, nephew all have same surname but live at different addresses, myself, hubby, 2 daughters obviously have different surname & live at a different address. My brother just said we would like 9 & they were fine, we only used our passports & drivers licence.

stifle

In my experience they do not ask for proof of address, just ask you to verbally declare you all live together. Of course, different cast members will vary as to what they request.

WOOKIENOOKIE

Thanks NCC1701Q, Zee 79 and Stifle for your feedback.

It sounds like it isn't critical to have the same address but may be requested.
I'll check in with the CM on the helpline and cross fingers we can get the discount.

alanandline

Plenty of people have had real trouble getting the family discount without full address verification that the CM accepts as such. Also if different surnames some people have had to have documentary evidence of how they are related.

WOOKIENOOKIE

In that case it sounds like the AP from Disney isn't a goer, if it's a risk the CM will question our documentation.

Is it any different if you buy an AP from a third party like supertrips?
They seem to be offering a Fantasy AP for £117 which is the same price as the Disney rate with the family discount.

That sounds too good to be true.

A&S&O

Quote from: WOOKIENOOKIE on April 19, 2016, 11:51:41 AM
In that case it sounds like the AP from Disney isn't a goer, if it's a risk the CM will question our documentation.

Is it any different if you buy an AP from a third party like supertrips?
They seem to be offering a Fantasy AP for £117 which is the same price as the Disney rate with the family discount.

That sounds too good to be true.

Third party sites are even better if you are buying passes for 11 and unders.

We bought our son's pass from discount-ticket-store a couple of years ago. We had good service and would use them again. They send paper tickets that let you in the park and then have to be exchanged at the Passport Office during the day for actual APs.

I believe supertrips are the same. People on this site have posted that they have used them without a problem, but we've had no experience of them.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

WOOKIENOOKIE

Thanks A&S&O

Supertrip seem ok, they've had some bad reviews recently with people waiting a while for their tickets and poor comms, but the tickets do come.
Discount ticket store have even cheaper kids passes, so am going to take the plunge.

Thanks for the tips all.

Andy

Zee79

Let me know how it goes. We go in July but only want one AP so I didn't know whether to buy there or use one of the online stores, a little nervous using them haha

littlebitofpixiedust

Can anyone that holds a Annual passport tell me roughly how much you pay for a Disney hotel stay? I really think I need to invest in an annual passport for myself and my son but prefer to stay on-site as he's a wheelchair user. I understand prices throughout the year change depending on seasons ect but I want to weigh up the savings I can make if we still wish to stay on-site thank you!

Zee79

When we used our dream pass we got 35% of the price for an on-site hotel so we got to stay at a higher priced hotel. I'm investing in another one this year to do the same again plus if you have a dream pass you can use it in shops & certain eating places & get 10-20% off the prices, it soon mounts up over a few days stay.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Zee79 on April 21, 2016, 05:30:48 PM
When we used our dream pass we got 35% of the price for an on-site hotel so we got to stay at a higher priced hotel. I'm investing in another one this year to do the same again plus if you have a dream pass you can use it in shops & certain eating places & get 10-20% off the prices, it soon mounts up over a few days stay.

Thanks for your reply yes the benefits seem good I miss DLP so much!

dencarter

Hi guys. I have a couple of quick questions. Apologies in advance if they've been answered before, but also a big thanks for any help you can offer.

Firstly, does the 20% off for day tickets for non-AP friends with the Dream pass entitle that friend to benefit from Extra Magic Hours?

Similarly, does the 10% off at restaurants extend to others in the party, or is it only the AP holder?

Thanks  :) 8)