Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araminta

Tanks stifle. Yes I was planning on going on Sunday to sort annual passes out, then get there early for EMH on Monday to avoid a chunk of time sitting about with eager kids  :D

Araminta

Oh bum, just noticed this on the official site

'On the day of your visit and for up to 31 days afterwards, deduct the price of your 1-day admission ticket from the price of any Annual Passport. (Offer subject to conditions).

* Except restriction days

That will probably mean I can't go in and get the annual tickets on the black out days won't it  :-\

stifle

It is an unwritten concession that annual passports are valid on the day of issue irrespective of blackout days. However, there's no guarantee that it will be applied for you. Up to you whether you want to take the risk.

cyberspilie

Hello everyone.

We are thinking about getting two annual Dream passports but we are wondering if it's beneficial relative to booking an promotional arrangement. In the section "advantages" they mention you will get a 35% reduction when you stay in a Disney hotel. Is this valid the entire year because in the "conditions" section they say "10. From 3 november 2015 to and until 23 maart 2016. Offer valid in a Disney Hotel and depending from arrival date...". This seems to be a little bit contradictory.
When you have a Dream passport you need to call to a special number to book a room only. Where can I find the exact room rates for 2016?

Please share you experiences. Thanks in advance.   

stifle

Hi there. The discounted rates are available all year round and are proposed for at least one Disney hotel on any given day of arrival. They are not published and guests interested in knowing the price or making a reservation need to telephone the booking line. The number is found on the leaflet you got with your AP.

My experience is that public rates are often cheaper than the AP rates particularly if you have multiple guests and one or more of them is not an AP holder. You can always book for fewer people and pay at the hotel a few euro per guest per night to add the AP holders on arrival.

Samanthad

Can anyone confirm for me if you can buy an under 12 annual pass at the park? Sites such as Supertrips are offering child APs when purchasing an adult AP, do Disneyland themselves have this offer available too?
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

A&S&O

Quote from: Samanthad on February 23, 2016, 11:48:32 AM
Can anyone confirm for me if you can buy an under 12 annual pass at the park? Sites such as Supertrips are offering child APs when purchasing an adult AP, do Disneyland themselves have this offer available too?

No, you can't buy "children's" APs at the park, they only sell one type of pass there for some reason.

Passes for under 12s can be bought from supertrips.net and discount-ticket-store, either individually or as combos with "adult" passes.

When we bought our son's pass from discount-ticket-store (excellent service btw) we were sent a paper ticket to get him in the park, which we then exchanged for the "real" AP at the passport office. The pass started when we got the actual pass, not when we bought the paper ticket.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Samanthad

Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

cyberspilie

Quote from: stifle on February 22, 2016, 07:29:38 PM
Hi there. The discounted rates are available all year round and are proposed for at least one Disney hotel on any given day of arrival. They are not published and guests interested in knowing the price or making a reservation need to telephone the booking line. The number is found on the leaflet you got with your AP.

My experience is that public rates are often cheaper than the AP rates particularly if you have multiple guests and one or more of them is not an AP holder. You can always book for fewer people and pay at the hotel a few euro per guest per night to add the AP holders on arrival.

Is it beneficial to have two annual dream passes and book room only then?

stifle

It depends. The one and only way to find the room only price is to pick up the phone. It cannot be obtained online.

Tdiver

You can buy childrens annual passes at the park, I bought my 3 kids passes there.  I'm going to be at the park 8am Monday. Can sponsor 6 people who will get their passes with 10% discount, really love to do this if anyone looking to buy 🙏

Tdiver

Samanthad had a great idea of separate thread but until it becomes a sticky it is not as visible as this so until then I have copied the list from that thread and suggest people use this basis. If you are a SPONSOR head your dates in that way and the dates you are available to sponsor but if looking for a sponsor (and one is not there for your dates to make direct contact with) head up WANTED.

Please always cut and paste.

January
SPONSOR 20th-24th January: boverington
WANTED 25th/26th January: Fiyero
SPONSOR 29th January: DISNEYGIRL (daughter)
SPONSOR 30th January: DISNEYGIRL
SPONSOR - up to 31st January: Hecate
SPONSOR Mr_Maui: Every weekend (saturdays, sundays and mondays) I can be in Disneyland.

February
SPONSOR 1st-4th February: DISNEYGIRL
SPONSOR 14th-17th February: GAVINSM up to 12
SPONSOR 17th - 21st February: leese100
SPONSOR Half Term: ozzyowl1
SPONSOR Mr_Maui: Every weekend (saturdays, sundays and mondays) I can be in Disneyland.

March

SPONSOR 1st-3rd March TDiver, can sponsor 6 people.
SPONSOR 5th-6th March: Samanthad
WANTED 10th March Natalie: Looking for a sponsor for March 10th in the morning.
SPONSOR 18th - 23rd March: bren78
SPONSOR 21st March: Thaliel (sister)
SPONSOR 25th to 29th March alanandline upto 12
SPONSOR 26th March (from 3pm) - 31st March (until 7pm) - Mitchell.
April

May
Sponsor jodlebug 30th may - 4th June

June
Sponsor jodlebug 30th may - 4th June

July

August
SPONSOR 1st-12th February: GAVINSM up to 12
SPONSOR 13th - 19th August alanandline upto 12 people
SPONSOR 21st-26th August: leese100

September

October

November

December

stifle

Quote from: Tdiver on February 25, 2016, 12:45:36 AM
You can buy childrens annual passes at the park, I bought my 3 kids passes there.
Yes this is true, though the price for children at the park is the same as adults. Cheaper kids APs are only online.

A&S&O

Quote from: Tdiver on February 25, 2016, 12:45:36 AM
You can buy childrens annual passes at the park, I bought my 3 kids passes there.  I'm going to be at the park 8am Monday. Can sponsor 6 people who will get their passes with 10% discount, really love to do this if anyone looking to buy 🙏

These are the "one size fits all" APs - same price for children and adults. Reduced price children's passes can only be bought online from sellers other than Disney for some reason.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dencarter

Hi everyone. This is a really long thread, so apologies if this has been asked before...

My partner and I were planning on getting an annual pass this year, but with Big Thunder being our favourite ride, plus the fact we have a big Disney World adventure coming up this summer, we thought we'd wait a bit and benefit from the 25th festivities in 2017 instead.

So my question is - if we buy two-day tickets for 31 December and 1 January, can we upgrade those in the park to Fantasy annual passes, considering that, while 31 December is not, 1 January is a blockout date. How would that work?Would we only get the refund on half of our two-day ticket?

Thanks in advance...