Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leese100

We'll be at Disney 17th-21st February 2016 and  21st- 26th August 2016
if anyone needs sponsoring, we can sponsor 9ppl :)  we've sponsored ppl before so we know how it all works.

bren78

We will be in Disneyland from 18th March to the 23rd March and can offer sponsorship for up to 6 people.

Thanks Bren.  :) :) :)

stifle

alanandline

Hi we will be DLP Friday 25th March (Good Friday) until Tuesday 29th March and also Satu 13th August to Friday 19th August. Happy to sponsor any number up to 12

alanandline

Samanthad had a great idea of separate thread but until it becomes a sticky it is not as visible as this so until then I have copied the list from that thread and suggest people use this basis. If you are a SPONSOR head your dates in that way and the dates you are available to sponsor but if looking for a sponsor (and one is not there for your dates to make direct contact with) head up WANTED.

Please always cut and paste.

January
SPONSOR 20th-24th January: boverington
WANTED 25th/26th January: Fiyero
SPONSOR 29th January: DISNEYGIRL (daughter)
SPONSOR 30th January: DISNEYGIRL
SPONSOR - up to 31st January: Hecate
SPONSOR Mr_Maui: Every weekend (saturdays, sundays and mondays) I can be in Disneyland.

February
SPONSOR 1st-4th February: DISNEYGIRL
SPONSOR 14th-17th February: GAVINSM up to 12
SPONSOR 17th - 21st February: leese100
SPONSOR Half Term: ozzyowl1
SPONSOR Mr_Maui: Every weekend (saturdays, sundays and mondays) I can be in Disneyland.

March

SPONSOR 5th-6th March: Samanthad
WANTED 10th March Natalie: Looking for a sponsor for March 10th in the morning.
SPONSOR 18th - 23rd March: bren78
SPONSOR 21st March: Thaliel (sister)
SPONSOR 25th to 29th March alanandline upto 12
SPONSOR 26th March (from 3pm) - 31st March (until 7pm) - Mitchell.
April

May
Sponsor jodlebug 30th may - 4th June

June
Sponsor jodlebug 30th may - 4th June

July

August
SPONSOR 1st-12th February: GAVINSM up to 12
SPONSOR 13th - 19th August alanandline upto 12 people
SPONSOR 21st-26th August: leese100

September

October

November

December

stifle

Can we maybe stick to the dedicated thread for sponsorships please rather than further cluttering this one?

haribosmum

Can anyone advise if I was to buy a child annual pass from supertrips, is that still possible to use by itself to get the restaurant and shop discounts. Are there any restrictions? Am thinking we would get £80 back on discounts as no meal plan booked and we are likely to spend a lot in the shops too (plus am I right it can be used in Disney store in UK?)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

The discounts are the same, yes.

It is not officially valid in the UK though I have heard of some people blagging discounts.

Zee79

We tried 3 UK Disney stores & they wouldn't accept it, one assistant even went to speak to management about it but they refused. Said it is valid in France but not UK & something about a type of American one would be, or shareholders card.

haribosmum

Ok, we don't have a disney store close so not the end of the world.  Normally order online.

But does sound like we're fine for using a childs AP to get our restaurant and shop discounts at the park.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Zee79

When both my daughters had one (aged 6 & 10) they went up & paid in shopsby themselves, handed it over for snacks & drinks & even got friends discount on their shopping, she just stood next to them. The kids loved it especially seeing the discount come through on the tills. We are toying with the idea of getting my daughter one when she goes in march with the school, just need a letter & a teacher willing to queue with her.

nathalie

When I was in the store on Oxford Street last year, I asked it, and she said "I need to look that up", she came back, and she said: you are right, you do get a 10 %.

When the store was still in Antwerp, would also get 10 %.

*but* I believe this only counts when you have a Dream pas.
(so I'm not sure about a Fantasy)

haribosmum

Thanks all, I don't think my plan will work as just seen in the T&Cs

They must be registered with an adult that also has a pass at the same time.
The adult and child pass must also match. i.e adult has dream, child has dream.

So I can't just buy the child pass anyway.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

arvidbux

Quote from: stifle on January 07, 2016, 12:59:20 PM
The number to call is +33825300500 for AP hotel reservations. There is no UK number. Make sure you have the membership numbers of all guests to hand. They will be able to tell you the hotel(s) that is/are offering AP discounts for your planned arrival date and sort out your booking.

Please note that very few rooms at the resort accommodate more than four guests so you are probably needing two rooms.

However, it's also worth checking online prices for one guest in a room as you can add additional AP holder guests at reception on arrival by paying a few euro per guest per night in taxes.

Do they speak French or English when you call them? We asked Guest Relations and the AP office at the park and they mentioned you can go to the hotel and ask for availability there. Walked over to the hotels and none of them can see what the availability is.

Now I don't mind calling, but it is kind of strange we can't just see it online and make a purchase decision without having somebody on the phone.

DisneyAlba

Hi all,

I'm debating buying myself an annual pass this coming year. But what happens if I were to travel with family, who don't have annual passes and they want to book a Disney hotel + entrance deal?

Say I want to book a room with one or two other people, who don't have annual passes. I have heard conflicting stories on what to do.
Story 1 that I've heard is to book a deal for the other people, and just present yourself on arrival as an extra guest in the same room. I have been told the annual pass holder will then only have to pay the tourist tax.
Story 2 that I've heard that the above method won't work; the annual pass holder will have to book and pay a room-only fee (with 25% AP discount). That seems a bit weird to me, as the roommates have already paid for the room through their deal...? I could understand a fee for the extra person's breakfast, but no more.

Who has *recently* had experience with this? Please enlighten me. :)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.