Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

If the discount is less than 33% then the extra 6 months is a better deal than discount so it's not all bad news!!!

A&S&O

Am I right in thinking that "on the door" there is no difference between buying a childs pass to an adults pass - they are both the same price?

A couple of places are selling childrens APs at a cheaper rate than an adults. I wondered how that was possible and how you proved that pass was for a child.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rincelex

We are going in August and think that I have worked out that its cheaper to buy 4 annual passes than 4 tickets especially if you take into account parking fees and the discounts available as the difference between the two is £38 and I think we will save that in 4 days parking fees alone.

My question is I understand that you can go to the front gate to get the AP's but we will have already paid for parking by then so do you get this money back.

A&S&O

Unfortunately they don't refund parking anymore.

Annual passes are usually cheaper than multiple day tickets, but factor in that you only need one annual passholder in your party to get free parking and discounts.

Are there any children in your party? If so, some places sell a child's pass, which is cheaper than an adults.

Ask on the board if there is anyone willing to "sponsor" you - you will get 10% discount on your tickets.

Finally, work out if you need a Dream pass or Fantasy pass - check blockout dates.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Rincelex

I did think of getting one AP and the rest normal but read on here that to get discounts we all have to have the passes and what about extra magic hours surely only AP holders can get in, so only one of us would be able to get in.

A&S&O

Yes, to get Magic Hours you would all need passes.
Planning WDW 2019

Joyce_Disney

Quote from: Rincelex on July 23, 2014, 08:20:58 PM
I did think of getting one AP and the rest normal but read on here that to get discounts we all have to have the passes and what about extra magic hours surely only AP holders can get in, so only one of us would be able to get in.

Note that if you stay in an official Disney hotel, you get a hotel 'easy pass' when you check in (1 for your complete party), which gives you the privilege to get in during Extra Magic Hours with everyone in your party.
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

leese100

hi
were going in sept with my sister in law and family, were going for 5 days so it worked out it cheaper for them to get a annual pass, we currently have annual passes so we were going to sponsor them so they get them cheaper.

Is the process easy to do?? where do you get the forms from?
and is it right we can do it at the gates before we go in through the turnstiles.

We will be there 12-19th sept 14 if anyone else needs sponsoring we can do 5 more. :)

thanks

tinian

It's actually quite easy. You buy a dayticket at the entrance.
Then you go to the Bureau Passeporte Annuel at the entrance of discoveryland.
There you tell the people behind the desk that they want to buy an annual passeport with pairranage. (Note the the person giving the pairrainage has to be present, and that the person buying the passeport has to have a passport or ID card with him).
Then there is quite a lot of paperwork involved (they have the pairranageforms), and your AP is scanned for each person you sponsor.
The money paid at the entrance is deducted from the total price, as well as the 10%.

If you are in the month before renewing your AP and your pairranageform is full (3 stamps) you can then immediately renew your AP. If it's not up for renewal yet, you keep the form and hand it in when you can renew.
If your form isn't full, note that there is a timelimit in which you can collect three stamps. This is usually six months, and as the new form started on July 1st, you'll have untill January 1st to collect 3 stamps.

I hope this is clear enough. Good luck!

sven

You can buy the AP at (I think it is) Guest Relations (next to Salon Mickey/Disneyland Hotel) for the reduced price if you tell them that you will be sponsored. So you have only one transaction on your card and it is a little bit faster in the AP office because you don't have to pay again there :)

mnewcourt

I have searched this board but I'm affraid I have used the wrong search terms.

Last time around I used my Shareholders card to get a discount on my AP. Now I have a few questions regarding renewing. Am I able to renew my AP in november (it's valid till the first week of january) and with the renewal will my AP be valid for 18 months instead of 12 months and will I be able to use the Shareholders discount with renewing?

I hope someone can help me out with some answers.

captain rocket

Yes, you should be able to renew in November and you should be able to get the 18 month deal assuming it is still running. You will not get the Shareholders discount (only one offer can be used so 18 months is a better option)

mnewcourt

Quote from: captain rocket on August 03, 2014, 12:59:20 PM
Yes, you should be able to renew in November and you should be able to get the 18 month deal assuming it is still running. You will not get the Shareholders discount (only one offer can be used so 18 months is a better option)
Okay thank you. You are right. With simple math the 18 month deal is the most valuable option.

crewsix

Hi we are heading to Disneyland over christmas, can anyone sponsor us for Annual Passes on the 22nd December?  Theres 3 of us. 

Livvipivvi

Hiya,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you use the multi day ticket that you have included in your on-site hotel package to buy AP's and have their value taken off the AP cost?

We will have a 5 day ticket included in our package, does anyone know how much more we will have to pay per AP too please? We are 3 adults and 1 child. I would either buy the mid or upper tier APs.

TIA x :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!