Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljack

I just played around a bit and it looks as if it should work, at least the country is specified as "Royaume Uni", so if this is an option, why should it not work?  :D
Good luck!

Alison

What I found when trying to order APs online was that you don't get the discounted rate.  There was no problem getting this at the APB though.

Cubitus

Yeah, for getting any discounts, even Sponsoring, Family or Shareholder, you should contact Disney before to be sure everything will work out as expected.

Oliver
Oliver

madame_leota

i really want to get AP's this year, or maybe the begining of next year, i wanna know 2 things though

1 ive been told that under 7's AP's are free during the 15th anni, is this true?

2 If that is true then my son isnt going to be 3 untill april so can i still get him one before or has he got to be 3 before i can get him one?

Does that make sence? i hope so!! :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "madame_leota"i really want to get AP's this year, or maybe the begining of next year, i wanna know 2 things though

1 ive been told that under 7's AP's are free during the 15th anni, is this true?

2 If that is true then my son isnt going to be 3 untill april so can i still get him one before or has he got to be 3 before i can get him one?

Does that make sence? i hope so!! :)

I'm afraid the free kids deal for APs ends in September, and you cannot get an AP for under 3s, even if they turn three during the year.
since 2001 (many before that)

madame_leota

oh poo! oh well. I will just have to get him one once he turns 3

thanks for letting me know davewasbaloo

sandkate

We are planning to go to DLP March next year with my 5 year old grandaughter.  Have booked Holiday Inn for 4 nights.  I'm interested in an Annual Pass as I reckon she'll want to return again (and again!).  The Francilien pass - could I buy now (probably by phone) and get hers for free and use next year?  Or can we only acutally buy onsite?

Cubitus

As you have booked your hotel and everything is fine I'd usually say get your passports onsite.

As the free AP for under 7's offer might not be extended (I think if it's a special 15th anniversary thing it should be offered again until next March) you might want to get the APs right now, even if you waste a good part of their validity time period then...

On the phone it CAN happen that CM tells you it's not possible to buy in advance, but in fact it is, there are several (french) order forms etc. So you might need to friendly insist on it :) Keep us posted!

Oh and keep in mind that there are lots of block-out days in march (8, 9, 15, 16, 22-24) and april (11-20). More than for the Fantasy AP. And I still don't know how they handle the blocking of day 2 and 3 if you manage to buy it in advance. Should they send you a temporary one, then "day 1" could be the day you get there, which would be bad news for 2 days of your stay).

... hmmh, think, think... after all I guess they in fact would act senseless sending around the Francilien APs, as the day2/3 restriction could be bypassed that way... But in fact I know about a paper brochure with an order form where you just have to tick 'Francilien' and can write the date as of the AP should be valid (within 1 month and before november 9). Should be a clear proof of viability then...

Oliver
Oliver

ICHAPMAN

Hi There,

Suggestion is that the free AP for under 7 has been extended to - at least Jan 2008.

See -> http://www.disneyland15.com/?r=offers&l ... rue#offers

Point 1 mentions January 2008.

A Google translation of Point 1 gives:

1) Valid offer on request in certain tickettings and with the counters at the entry of the Disney Parks, the 06 Janiver 2008 included. For the purchase of an Annual Passport, a free Annual Passport of the same category will be offered for a child of less than 7 years, on justification of the age of the child (piêce of identity or family record book) and for the same dates of validaté as the bought Annual Passport. Noncumulable offer with other offers or reduction. The passport obtained within the framework of this offer is neither exchangeable nor refundable.

Regards

Cubitus

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I'm afraid the free kids deal for APs ends in September, and you cannot get an AP for under 3s, even if they turn three during the year.
Oh btw: it's nowhere stated that the free AP offer is limited to kids of at least 3 years. There are usual references for kids' tickets to be "3-11 years", and in the offer, it's not "3-6" but "under 7". Could always be worth to be a bit perky and take the offer literally :)

Oliver
Oliver

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Hi There,

Suggestion is that the free AP for under 7 has been extended to - at least Jan 2008.

Is anyone able to confirm this please?

Cubitus

Well it's clearly stated on the page you mentioned, and another time on this »non-flash page (also french). The latter does not confuse by mixing 2 independent offers (on the flash page theres the under 7 offer (red) and the (general) AP Francilien offer (blue) which are not connected).

The deadline (Jan 6, 2008) is printed twice there, plus the statement that the "under 7" offer is valid for every type of AP (just the same that was bought by an adult). I can confirm that this is really what is written there *lol*

The offers is still not mentioned on the UK site, but it's available for everyone ("accesible à tous" in french), thus not limited to residents of France or whatever.

Oliver
Oliver

ICHAPMAN

Ah ha, thank you Cubitus.

When I first stumbled across this information, thanks to a post over on DISBoards, the link that I found to the page on the official (main) Disneyland site still listed the September end date.

Hence, this seems to be a fairly new extension, and given I was seeing different end dates I was concerned that I was mis-understanding the Jan date.

Thanks

pink

im in the process of getting this sorted asap as we go back in dec and havent booked anything yet dispite talking about it in july but im confused again i thought it was a free child ap as in under 11 hadnt heard o fit being under 7 till i read this so will my 7 soon to be 8 year old not get one free now? :? and is it confirmed that it sextended as my dd will turn 3 in oct so i could wait til then and get her one but then my ds is missing out :?  help what should i do and how :oops:

Cubitus

Quote from: "pink"i thought it was a free child ap as in under 11
Nope, there was never such a thing... Only offer that comes close is 'play & stay free' for under 12, but this is just available for a very limited time (Jan 6-Mar 19 2008) and only for booking a package (hotel+tickets) which will never apply to us AP holders.

Quoteand is it confirmed that it sextended as my dd will turn 3 in oct
Yeah, definitely!

So your son will definitely not get the free AP anyway; you could just apply sponsoring or shareholder discount to your son's AP and any other you need (except that one you'll get your daughter's free AP for). If you need at least 4 more, there's also the family/group discount.

If your DD turns 3 in Oct (2007?) just go after that date and you'll be fine I guess. Should you plan to stay in Disney hotels you might even get the APs in advance to benefit from hotel discounts.

Cheers!
Oliver
Oliver