Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skawt

We are a family of 5 arriving Fri. 25 Mar 2011.  We are expecting to be at the park in the early afternoon and are planning to purchase Fantasy passes.  I want to verify my calculations to insure we are making the best decision.

1. It is 189 USD for a 3 day pass.  This totals $945 for our family.  I have not found any longer pass or significant discount off of this rate.  Any deals I may have missed?  We are staying at Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France through a timeshare exchange so it is not an option to stay on-site this trip.
2. The Fantasy pass is 139 EUR per person with a 20% discount for a family of 5 at the same address.  This would make the total for our family 556 EUR (Approx. 785 USD, 160 USD less than the 3 day pass!)
3. Is it possible to be reimbursed for the parking we will pay the day we arrive?
4. Is there a blackout day pass you can purchase for an additional fee?  We are in Paris from 25 Mar - 1 Apr and are simply planning to visit Paris during the weekend which is blackout out so it is really not an issue but just wanted to know if there is an option.

Thanks for any information or advice!

maruman

as for the parking - i first parked at the  parking @trainstation..went to get my annualpass..then move my car to disney's..it saved me afew euros..
even if u parked at the station..whole day is10euro i think..still cheaper than 15 u pay at disney's
April 2006
July 2010
Jan 2011
March 2011

gldc

The dream annual pass 179/ 199 euros has no black out dates. Not sure if it is 179 or 199 st the moment though.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Joyce_Disney

Nobody in Disneyland Paris on 4, 5 or 6 February 2011, planning to buy an annual pass?
We are there on those dates and can give 3 persons 10% discount. Please PM me!
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

pussinboots

The Dream passport is €199.

Does anyone happen to know whether it's possible to renew your Annual Passport on the phone and still get your Shareholders Club discount? Because I want to book a hotel with the Annual Passport discount, causing a bit of a catch-22, haha.

Elaine

Have you already got your quote for your room with Annual Pass discount? If you haven't, it might be worthwhile doing that first, to see if the price is reasonable enough. If its too expensive, then you can book elsewhere and sort out your AP with your shareholders discount when you are next at the resort.

Elaine

pussinboots

Disney hotels are never reasonably priced, even with a twenty percent discount. They are the self-indulgence of a sentimental fool.

But I suppose it simply isn't possible then, as I had feared. Ah well, next time then! You've helped me make a very wise decision, Elaine. (Quote for Sequoia Lodge with discount: €300. Quote for Ibis Val d'Europe: €59.)

maruman

sorry guys,if this has been asked n answered somewehre,
i heard disney have a birthday gift for those that owns AP, and u can collect it at the APoffice during your bithday month? is this true? what would it be , anybody here knows?
i looked around the internet only mention bout free vip fastpass or gift voucher(but thats disneyworld n disney LA)..
thanks
April 2006
July 2010
Jan 2011
March 2011

eduws

I think I may have posted this in the wrong place previously.

We are looking to go to DLP for 4 nights/5days in May2012. It would be me, my husband, my 4yr old, my 2 yr old and my 1yr old. My mum, dad and sister may also be coming. We will want to stay on site, for my lot and my sister it would probably have to be the Sante Fe, my parents would probably prefer somewhere a bit more up market.

So I have a few questions,
1. is it likely to be more cost effective to get an annual pass or just book the normal way?
2. if is it going to be more cost effective, is it possible to book a disney hotel without the included pass when you don;t have an AP? Or is it possible to get an AP before arriving at the park?

Elaine

It depends - can you do a booking run-through for the package for you all for May this year, see what figure it gives you? Then you could look at the various annual pass/hotel room combinations, see if it would work out better.

Elaine

jackieann

Elaine,
 Where do u look for prices for hotel and then annual pass combinations?? and how can u book a disney hotel without park passes included?

captain rocket

You have to phone Disney for passholders discounts and you can buy Room only from Expedia.co.uk in the off season, peak season its a call again!

eduws

so are the advertised hotel discounts an 'up to' percentage rather than a 'if you are an AP holder you WILL get this off' percentage? If you know what I mean?

Elaine

Quote from: "eduws"so are the advertised hotel discounts an 'up to' percentage rather than a 'if you are an AP holder you WILL get this off' percentage? If you know what I mean?

oh most definitely - its "up to", its not all onsite hotels on all dates, and as I said before, the room only rates are often more expensive than a hotel/tickets package.

Elaine

Elaine

Quote from: "jackieann"Elaine,
 Where do u look for prices for hotel and then annual pass combinations?? and how can u book a disney hotel without park passes included?

to be honest I don't even phone Disney now for their hotel room prices with AP discount - as the discount is rubbish compared to the cost of a package (ie generally costs more for room only than a package).
But I have booked room only with Expedia in the winter months and used APs for park tickets, and I have booked a package for one adult and then added my daughter to the room booking when we got there - no extra charge for her (she wouldn't have been free on a package as she's aged over 7) and used an existing valid AP for her park tickets. This method can work out seriously cheaper if you are a family of 4 annual pass holders - ie book on adult only in on a package, then add the names of your other annual pass holders when you reach the hotel. At most you will have local taxes to pay for the other 3 names, which is no more than a couple of euros per day.

Elaine