Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jemmaelf

many thanks elaine will let you know the outcome

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Wow, thanks Elaine! I did not know about this possibility, this could actually save a lot of money! Please, if you can, clarify these questions for me, just to make sure (don't want to end up booking only one person, arrive there and then be denied to add the rest of my family to the room)

1. Does this work for all Disney hotels and all room types (i.e. Suites also?)
2. Does anyone in the room need to be AP holder for this to work? (sure it makes sense to get park access, but is it required?)
3. Does this work with any kind of offer (i.e. 40%, Extra Night etc.)?

Sounds to good to be true. We are 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) and are planning another trip in January to the Disneyland Hotel for 4 or 5 nights. The savings of booking just 1 person instead of 4 should roughly equal the purchase of DreamPasses for the other 3!

Elaine

Quote from: "Nicolai"Wow, thanks Elaine! I did not know about this possibility, this could actually save a lot of money! Please, if you can, clarify these questions for me, just to make sure (don't want to end up booking only one person, arrive there and then be denied to add the rest of my family to the room)

1. Does this work for all Disney hotels and all room types (i.e. Suites also?)
- can't see why not, in fact I know it works for Castle Club (someone on another forum did exactly this for a special family weekend last year)
2. Does anyone in the room need to be AP holder for this to work? (sure it makes sense to get park access, but is it required?)
no, not everyone needs to be an AP holder at all - for example, one of your party might not want a park ticket, they might want to spend the time in the neighbouring areas to DLP.
3. Does this work with any kind of offer (i.e. 40%, Extra Night etc.)?
yes, definitely - I've booked this way for October, one adult in the room with the park tickets included, at 40% off. I will add my daughter when we get there, as we still have one valid AP to use for park tickets during our stay.

Sounds to good to be true. We are 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) and are planning another trip in January to the Disneyland Hotel for 4 or 5 nights. The savings of booking just 1 person instead of 4 should roughly equal the purchase of DreamPasses for the other 3!

Hope this helps - and remember, for January, there are packages available for 4 nights/5 days where you get 2 of those nights and days free! If one of your children is aged under 12 in January, it would make sense to book them into the package deal with one adult, as under 12s stay and play free in January  :) .

Elaine

Bettan

We have Annual Fantasy Passports, can we sponsor a friend that buys an Annual Passports so that he get a 10% discount? Where do I find a sponsorpaper on the Internet?

captain rocket

Yes you can sponsor your friend, but under their current crazy rules, you have to be with your friends when they buy their passports. This rule is so unfair to people who live a long way from the park,like me in the UK, but that is the way things are!

Bettan

It's ok, wea are going together to DLRP. But where can I find a forumla for this?

Laura678

[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Bettan

Thank you both for your answers! One last? question: Can you fix this at the entrance, the special disk to the right of the entrance? Or do you buy a 1-day ticket and fix it at the Bureau Passeport Annuel?

Discoponies

I just recieved... sometihng in the post from Disneyland Paris. Its all about Annual passes and I think a discount on them, complete with a brochure on the different passes and a application form. But it is 100% in French. So I dont really understand it at all.

On another note : Is all post material going to be in French? I hope they don't think I speak it when I go there in regards to any reading material I get when I check in.

Elaine

All the AP information you get through the post will be in French, but the little booklets they send out are often in French at the front, then the same info in English at the back. Don't worry about not speaking French when you get to DLP - as soon as you start speaking English, the staff will do the same  :) .

Elaine

jackieann

HI

just reading all about the ap passes.  what website do you book the hotels with, from the u.k??

also my kids are almost 5 and 3 so will have to pay full price for them, but as alot of disney packages include kids go free would i still save money or best to wait till they are older?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Elaine

Its all about crunching the numbers Jackie, and comparing prices with and without APs. APs rarely give you good room only discounts with Disney, in fact over the past couple of years its been cheaper generally to book packages (especially outwith the summer months) than book a room and have annual passes. To get room only prices from Disney, you have to call their booking number, you can't get those prices online. Expedia sell onsite room only during the winter months, and Disney has some great offers for winter too usually. If you would prefer to go to DLP in the summer months (ie May to October-ish) you might find its cheaper to get annual passes for all of you (yes, you pay the same price for APs regardless of the age of the child - anyone aged 3 or over pays full price) and then book an offsite room in a hotel across the road from the onsite ones (Kyriad, Magic Circus, Dream Castle or Explorers).
Because we still have one valid AP between us for our next trip next month, we were able to book a package for one adult and go onsite and still be under budget - but it was a struggle this time, prices in general for the period April - October at DLP are just getting more expensive.
I have booked a full package for all of us for March next year, because kids under 12 go free, and Disney were offering 2 nights free when you pay for 2 nights - that represents nearly a 50% saving, so would be rude not to take them up on that offer  ;) !
From the end of the year this year, for the first time in 3 years we'll have no valid APs - and at the moment that suits us as we tend not to go May - October every year, and the winter season packages really have been good value for money the last 2 years.

Elaine

Angeldust

I am going to DLRP in early October and I was really keen to purchase a DREAM passport, but I come from the UK and there are so many offers at the moment is it worth it. I'm going for my Birthday so it is a little treat from myself lol

peep

^Depends on how long you're going for and if you are likely to return within a year. If you go for 3 days or more then it might be worth it (however I'm not sure what offers are on at the moment).
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Joyce_Disney

I will be there at 8, 9 and 10 October and I could give 3 persons 10% discount on buying their annuel passeport. Is there a way to get in contact with people that are there on that date via this board? So that we can make an appointment to meet?
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris