Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I have a question regarding the AP - are the discounts still interesting if you're going with people who don't have one? I'm thinking of getting one when I go in August, because I'm probably going back in October or November with some friends - but they won't have the AP. So I guess I would need to book the room only for all of us, and get their tickets separately? Is that better value than just getting the full package?

Clarebelle

I have a question too, I was hoping to buy Shares in Dlrp before my trip in Dec, so we can purchase AP while we are there... but I've just read that the shareholder and up to 6 members of thier family can get 15% off AP, well my and my bf who I always travel to Disneyland with, aren't married and don't have the same name, although he pretty much lives with me and my family (not "officially" though) so where would we stand on this? I dont want to have to buy two lots of shares, I was only hoping to buy the min and pay the 30 euro charge this year, and improve my stock next year 8)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

ford prefect

The other option (which would be cheaper) is to be sponsored for the AP.  

The shares are quite pricey now, so by the time you have got your shares, paid the commision to your broker and the club fee you would have paid more than the discount!

Let me know if you would like sponsorship.

However, the answer to your question is that everybody should be at the same address.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "ford prefect"The other option (which would be cheaper) is to be sponsored for the AP.  

The shares are quite pricey now, so by the time you have got your shares, paid the commision to your broker and the club fee you would have paid more than the discount!

Let me know if you would like sponsorship.

However, the answer to your question is that everybody should be at the same address.

yea, everyone has to be at the same address... which is why my aunty and uncle live with us  :roll:
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Clarebelle

how do they proove you do/dont live together?

how much does sponsership save? not that I'm really bothered about saving, the price is ok with me but I've always wanted shares lol its practically the same discount anyways

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Clarebelle"how do they proove you do/dont live together?

how much does sponsership save? not that I'm really bothered about saving, the price is ok with me but I've always wanted shares lol its practically the same discount anyways

when you go to get the ap they need your address if its not the same they will ask, if its the same they will leave it
July 2009 - All alone

Clarebelle

:mrgreen:  is that fraud? :oops:

ford prefect

Quote from: "Clarebelle"how do they proove you do/dont live together?

Sponsorship gives 10% off AP, however being a shareholder is cool, but not as economical.

Although you do get 10% off in Disney Store UK

And, yes it is fraud!!!

Clarebelle

:oops:  so how does it work? does the sponser get discount too? or just a pat on the back?

ford prefect

The sponsor will (if the parrainage offer is still available) get 1 free annual pass if he or she sponsors 3 new people.

The person being sponsored gets 10% discount.  The sponsor completes a form which is returned by the person being sponsored after they have bought their passports.

However, I am happy to sponsor regardless of how many people need tickets.

If the person being sponsored has an opportunity to return the form, great.  If not then at least more people enjoy the magic!!!

Clarebelle

cool! thanks I'll bear that in mind! although I did have my heart set on share, maybe next year?!

Buzz_Lightyear

Hello everybody,

i got an email a few days ago, that i can buy up to 5 Hoppertickets for friends for 15 Euro each one. I only have to go to the cash point at the entrance of one of the parks and show my Annual Pass aaaaaaaand the flyer which is inside of the last envie+. The problem is that i got no envie+ now and we have booked the hotel for monday the 21st.
My question is, does anyone know if they accept the printed email? I want to invite a special friend and i don´t know if i should ask him to come with us because i don´t know if they accept the printed mail. I called the hotline but they did not get transfered me to the passport office.

Thank you and regards
Markus

Elaine

Can you phone and get the Envie magazine sent to you?
I got mine in the UK on Wednesday.

Alternatively, I'm not going to use my flyer, so I could send you mine?

Elaine

Nicholas-c

i got the thing in post today and a "voucher" for an extra 6 months for free :D

Does... anyone know what this sponsorship thing is? free AP ? discount on AP ?
July 2009 - All alone

Elaine

Is your Annual pass due to expire soon? If so, the free 6 months is to renew your AP, and get effectively 18 months for the price of 12. So you still pay full price for a years AP, but get 18 months validity on it.

Elaine