Another DJ event!

Started by Anthony, January 29, 2007, 02:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

There's going to be silly DJ event at DLRP this year....

http://www.onemightyweekendparis.com/ :?

Thought that'd brighten up everyone's morning. :wink:

Poppy The Monkey

Thats my birthday; 29th June, though I don't think I'll celebrating it at that particular event though.   :?

Dlrpfan

oh no not again! i meen its not disney at all and dont really no why an earth they do it
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Well, that organisation has to pay DLRP to use its facilities.  And the people who visit the dj event usually book a room at one of the Disney Hotels and buy tickets as well for the parks...

Patrick

Quote from: "raptor1982"Well, that organisation has to pay DLRP to use its facilities.  And the people who visit the dj event usually book a room at one of the Disney Hotels and buy tickets as well for the parks...

You mean like how popular DJ Bobo was last year :lol: , I'm sure that brought in so much extra guests.  This DJ party seems rather dodgy, suppose it's rather good for the group of people who like the music.  Well I can only hope this is as popular as Tiesto was.

Kristof

Just found out that these are the people who are behind the Orlando Gay Days.

Anthony

Ahh, and they're usually pretty successful, right?  This could be good for the resort then, especially if they book Disney hotels like you say.

I just don't really like this kind of event in DLP, private function or not.  Seems a total mismatch of audiences to me.

I changed the topic title anyway, just to be a bit less biased. :lol:

penfold12

I always wondered about this and the gay days event, do average guests think it is Disney organised and run? I dont mean that at all from the gay angle, but more over from the whole promotion. The web site promted Baloo to make a joke about the event, so with that in mind, what do average guests make of it?

actiontoyboy

What I heard from an event as the Gay-day in Disney US, is that most visitors don't have any problem with it. (and why should they?)
The company itself doesn't seem to bother either, as events like this bring in extra people and....money...

GJ :)

penfold12

I didnt mean having a problem with it! Not at all, I always wonder how Disney feel about outside companies organising events in the parks, how they feel about that, irrelevent of who. My company had their woks weekend there about 10 years ago, and because there were so many of us, we were not allowed to group within the parks, thats what I was refering to.

Soap

Hmmm....i rather see dj Tiestö perform live @ Disneyland Paris again....  :roll:
But i think such events are a good thing to make that little bit extra money. It's better then an empty park at such a days?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

penfold12

I just re read my posts, and they sound awful! Its the problem with text, sometimes they are not meant how they read. When I say the web site prompted Baloo to make a joke, I was refering to the quality of the advertising etc. I was not for one minute refering to the fact that it was a gay organised event. Im gay, so hardly would be homophobic. What I was trying to say, is Disney is very protective of their image, advertising wise. When a large company puts on event like this, surely many guests feel it is Disney run, and therefore doesnt it make it hard for Disney as they have to ensure its of high quality. A bit like the disney store destroying all the plush toys that are dirty etc. The reason for this is that should any toy with a defect end up in a hospital or given to charity, then some people may accosiate Disney with sub standard merchandise, and so there is a company rule to destroy slightly defected items to avoid this. Am I making sense now?

Anthony

I see what you mean penfold.  From the website, for me, I can tell it's not a Disney-organised event.  From a quick read I guess they've hired out the park for the evening, so it won't affect normal guests at all.  It's like the Halloween party, except it's turning Disneyland into a seedy nightclub... which is what I don't like.

I'd like to think that "the public" would also realise it's not a Disney-organised event but a private hire night, but then you know what "they" are like... :lol:

actiontoyboy

Quote from: "penfold12"Am I making sense now?

Hey Penfold12 you made sense all the way..In my point of view, that is.
You are right; it's not always easy to express your thought to your keyboard....
I didn't know about the "plush toy destroy thing", interesting story.

For the events, I guess Disney is okay with certain groups, as long it's not spoiling the magic for the main crowd.
If the Hells Angels come in with 750 members it might be another story... :wink:

GJ :)