Why cant I stay away?

Started by RockNRoller, October 12, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Ok so this year for the first time in 14 years my wife and I wont be going to Disney. In an effort not to depress myself I tried staying away from the forum, avoiding all our old Disney movies, even put my books in a box in the loft. That lasted about 2 months, I just cant stay away and although I still cant go I shall be living the dream through all the excellent trip reports.
But why cant I stay away?

I can only say because its the only place I know where the outside world gets forgotten, no news, no bills etc I cant stop smiling and Im a big kid again. My names Simon and Im a Disneyaholic. That feels good to get off my chest..

So why cant you stay away?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

artoises

Quote from: "RockNRoller"I can only say because its the only place I know where the outside world gets forgotten, no news, no bills etc I cant stop smiling and Im a big kid again. My names Simon and Im a Disneyaholic. That feels good to get off my chest..

I hear you, it's exactly the reason why we love it so much. It's not so much about the rides and the shops and such (even though they're all amazing), but the true magic lies in its ability to make one forget completely about the real world and let them wander off into a new one. It literally feels like entering a whole new universe... One where everybody's happy and there are no worries, no bills to pay, no news that can set you off for the entire day, etc. Not even the bad weather or being ill can make it an, even remotely, bad day.  :D

Soap

Quote from: "artoises"
Quote from: "RockNRoller"I can only say because its the only place I know where the outside world gets forgotten, no news, no bills etc I cant stop smiling and Im a big kid again. My names Simon and Im a Disneyaholic. That feels good to get off my chest..

I hear you, it's exactly the reason why we love it so much. It's not so much about the rides and the shops and such (even though they're all amazing), but the true magic lies in its ability to make one forget completely about the real world and let them wander off into a new one. It literally feels like entering a whole new universe... One where everybody's happy and there are no worries, no bills to pay, no news that can set you off for the entire day, etc. Not even the bad weather or being ill can make it an, even remotely, bad day.  :D
I approve these comments.....(oeps all into the american presidential election  :P )

It's just that magical spirit and great eye for the Disney details which keep me attracted to the parc  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

SwipatronSparks

So why cant you stay away?

hi simon, i agree i am a disneyaholic too! i think thats why i cant stay away from the forum to be honest because i know i can come on here talk disney and know that the person/people reading are truely interested in what i have to say and are all well and ready for a good chit chat about nothing other than disney.
Plus this year has been a really tough one for me, the forum has literly been somewhere i could come and know that i could read something that would put a smile (even just a little one) on my face, i will admit to staying away a little after my last visit because i was fIrmly in post disney trip blues and being on the forum just put me even more into that, but once they had lessened i was back and reading (more like lurking) but once again i'm posting and answering questions again.... and well it feels good to be back again =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

mickeyspal

me too, I also had a tough time following my husbands death and didn't think I could go back to DLP without him, but all the family went and although I was a bit depressed, I felt going back to DLP was the right place for me to be, it was like having a big hug just when you needed it. This year was my 2nd visit to DLP without him.
I always feel as if a weight has been lifted off the shoulders the moment you walk through the gates, all the outside world forgotten no deadlines to meet, just forget and enjoy. Definitely the happiest place to be. I have to say that joining the forum after years of lurking has been good for the soul. :minnie:
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

andlorna

I know how everybody feel's we have been to Disney every year for the last 7 years. This year however we have not been able to go and we have all been really depressed about it. Looking at all the video's and pictures people have posted only added to the disapointment. With 2 kid's it is not the cheapest place to go to so when they had the offer on of 2 free day's and night's we booked. We are going Feb next year not an ideal time with the weather but who cares. We are not going to tell the kid's (aged 6 & 10) until the morning we are going. My husband and I are so excited the kid's are longing to go back so the look on their faces when we tell them really will be a picture to treasure. No other park's can compete with The Disney Experience. As soon as you get there you have a great big grin the whole time. So many great memories for the kid's to treasure.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "andlorna"I know how everybody feel's we have been to Disney every year for the last 7 years. This year however we have not been able to go and we have all been really depressed about it. Looking at all the video's and pictures people have posted only added to the disapointment. With 2 kid's it is not the cheapest place to go to so when they had the offer on of 2 free day's and night's we booked. We are going Feb next year not an ideal time with the weather but who cares. We are not going to tell the kid's (aged 6 & 10) until the morning we are going. My husband and I are so excited the kid's are longing to go back so the look on their faces when we tell them really will be a picture to treasure. No other park's can compete with The Disney Experience. As soon as you get there you have a great big grin the whole time. So many great memories for the kid's to treasure.

you should take a video of you telling them for us to see, i love watching surprise reveal videos =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

disney-john

Hello my name is John and i'm 43, and I'm addicted to disney..... Oh that felt good!

I find reality a struggle, love to escape to disney. I live in Yorkshire but when I visit Florida or dlrp I class myself at home.
Also my best friend is called Baloo, and he a bear....

11 trips to wdw since I was 18, and 9 trips to dlrp since 2006....
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

tinac44

Hiya my name is Tina I'm addicted  to Disney  aswell , myself and my family usually go to dlp for either Halloween or Christmas ,but couldn't get the time off work (I work in a school ) . So we're having to go in feb never been in feb before ,so hope the weather won't be too cold

AislingM

Awww I love this topic , its so true what everyone is saying. A trip to Disney is like a big cuddle , or a bubble of happiness for the time your there. I love every single ride and go mad for them but its just the atmosphere and being there really. The smells and the sounds , , it must be the only time Im excited to get up for breakfast at the crack of dawn! Going in 3 weeks for whats prob going to be my last trip in a while , getting married in september so need to save! ( Guess where my honeymoon is starting though?!) and already Im depressed at the thought of this trip being over!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

lynny

Quote from: "andlorna"I know how everybody feel's we have been to Disney every year for the last 7 years. This year however we have not been able to go and we have all been really depressed about it. Looking at all the video's and pictures people have posted only added to the disapointment. With 2 kid's it is not the cheapest place to go to so when they had the offer on of 2 free day's and night's we booked. We are going Feb next year not an ideal time with the weather but who cares. We are not going to tell the kid's (aged 6 & 10) until the morning we are going. My husband and I are so excited the kid's are longing to go back so the look on their faces when we tell them really will be a picture to treasure. No other park's can compete with The Disney Experience. As soon as you get there you have a great big grin the whole time. So many great memories for the kid's to treasure.

I did exactly the same gone every year for the past 9 but with my oldest starting uni i couldnt go this halloween but when that offer showed up i had to book so we are going in feb too :D

I agree with everyone,soon as your on your way you just forget about everything else i just have fixed smile the whole time i'm there,also i must be a disneyholic too as i have to check in on here everyday and i always end up smiliing :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

RockNRoller

I know I started this thread but Im loving the replies. Walt was right when he described it as the happiest place on earth. I love how much of it you can take with you when you leave. I do a lot of driving for work and have the 15th anniversary CD in the car at all times. Doesnt matter the day Ive had that CD on the way home makes me grin every time

AislingM

Just like we dreamed it is my happy driving song! That , and " Now thats what I call Disney"
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

disney-john

Quote from: "AislingM"Just like we dreamed it is my happy driving song! That , and " Now thats what I call Disney"

I second that, after getting my iPhone, I listen to disney Internet radio all the time.... I need medication! Lol
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

RockNRoller

Quote from: "disney-john"
Quote from: "AislingM"Just like we dreamed it is my happy driving song! That , and " Now thats what I call Disney"

I second that, after getting my iPhone, I listen to disney Internet radio all the time.... I need medication! Lol

Zippadee doo dah, is my ring tone with Chante cest Noel throughout December