Working at the Magic!

Started by MouseMagic, August 24, 2012, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouseMagic

Im 13 years old, and I love Disneyland Paris!  :D  I really would love to work at Disneyland Paris when Im old enough. I have a few questions about being a castmember. Is the experience how you would imagine it to be? And how good does your French have to be? Thank you for your help!  :ears:
Previous DLP Trips
Hotel Santa Fe - 2002
Hotel Cheyenne - 2004
Sequoia Lodge - 2006
Newport bay - 2011

Sequoia Lodge - June 2013  
Checkout my Disneyland Paris blog! - //https://DLPMainStreet.blogspot.com

_Natalie_x

Hello chick :) The experience is a strange one, i guess you could say the magic is altered but not lost :p I work in the village so i still love going in the park whenever I get the chance, but I know some of my friends who work in the park, don't enjoy it there as much now as its so associated with work. i guess it depends how much of a fan you are and where you work! The experience in general is an amazing one though. I think its the one company where you can be sat at the dinner table for example, and there be 10 different nationalities all together, but understanding each other. Pretty incredible I think and I love it !!
So the whole french thing is so different depending where you work. Certain departments need better speakers like in the hotels or people who are with guests all the time. But people more behind the scenes obviously dont need as much but it is still important. Me I did GCSE and A level french. Got a B overall... when I got over here I was so struggling at first, like i was never strong at speaking anyway but it was a massive shock, especially because the attitudes of some people are that 'you live in france, you always speak french'. Now though i feel fine like i can communicate(mainly) what i want to say, can understand guests and friends but obviously this is after 5 months.. you really have to just throw yourself in at the deep end at first, maybe out of your comfort zone, and it can only go up for there., and thats how you're really going to improve. If you seriously want to work here, I would say continue with french as long as you can, even do another language if you feel capable :) Like ive learnt a bit of spanish whilst over here but I want to do lessons when I get home. Its a really fantastic experience, wouldn't have changed my time here for the world, have to leave next week (GUTTED!!!) but ive already asked to come back ASAP!!!!!! :)))
Good luck and dont give up on your dream ever!!! :D
Natalie x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

MouseMagic

Thanks Natalie!! :D That was really helpful.
I will carry on doing some French incase it does happen, thank you for all your help and advice and Im glad you have enjoyed working there!
Thanks again!  :D   :mickey2:
Previous DLP Trips
Hotel Santa Fe - 2002
Hotel Cheyenne - 2004
Sequoia Lodge - 2006
Newport bay - 2011

Sequoia Lodge - June 2013  
Checkout my Disneyland Paris blog! - //https://DLPMainStreet.blogspot.com

DisneyManiac

Not meaning to bump this topic, but I am interested as well, 14 years of age.

Question

I have noticed that one of the jobs is Photography, which I love doing! Is there a way to apply for Photography?

tobz12345tobz

Hey DisneyManiac

Photography is an interview procedure to its own, as ALL photographers working at disney are professional, either on a longterm contract, or indeed seasonal (Summer, Christmas, Halloween) contracts. The best way to do photography would be to keep checking the casting page, the positions are rare, but worth it to see the kids faces  :D

As usual, a good knowledge of french would be best, because your collegues would be mostly french
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
–Walt Disney

DisneyManiac

Wait, is it photographers of the characters?